Old 08-10-2004, 02:40 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member

My border collie, Sadie is my best buddy...in the Summer months she prefers to be outside either on the deck in front of the trailer...or the big Coggins kennel when not at home...she sleeps on a mini trampoline with the cat...in the Winter we bunk up to stay warm(bad breath,dog farts and all)....I'm planning to live in my 24 ft Argosy for the next 2-3 yrs...so this is the way it's going to be....I wish that I had a dinette in front instead of the gaucho sleeper so Sadie could sleep under it...she likes sleeping in closets and cubbies...

Old 08-10-2004, 02:51 PM   #16
Pet Sitter Extraordinaire

1975 27' Overlander
Chattanooga , Tennessee
Where do your pooces sleep?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWing
Does anyone know if a 100 lb Dobe can turn around comfortably in a 22' Airstream? He is a house dog at home.
My 100 pound German Shepard backs up. No problem for him. Anything to get to go!

He sleeps in the floor. My English Setter sleeps in the bed, especially if the couch is pulled out (it doesn't matter who is in it!).

Air #2757
1989 SquareStream (Annie #8)
kposey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 03:06 PM   #17
4 Rivet Member

Our dobe curls up on a rug or a blanket on the floor. A heads-up for 16' owners (maybe everybody?)... be sure your doggie doesn't accidentally trigger the LP test button! Ours did, thankfully during the day and not in the middle of the night! 16's are a tight space, but we get along fine.
Old 08-10-2004, 03:42 PM   #18
Dan&Barb 25'Safari FB/SE

2006 25' Safari FB SE
La Mesa , California
Here's Ernie at dog beach in Del Mar, Ca and he sleeps in our bed at home and when we get the AS (soon ) will sleep with us there, or would otherwise keep entire campsite awake while he yelled at us to let him up!

Am still investigating portable fencing solutions for camping tho as hate for him to be on leash the whole time....pretty much our lives revolve around this guy...and he wouldn't have in any other way!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ErnieDelMar95.81k.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	8262  
Old 08-10-2004, 07:11 PM   #19
3 Rivet Member

Richmond , Virginia
My dog, "Kitty", sleeps with me. Or, I sleep with her since it is her trailer. Traveled to Alaska last year without her, decided never again, bought her a Bambi....

WBCCI #2468
2006 Ford F-150 Lariart 4X4
2004 19' Bambi Safari LS
luckydc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 11:45 PM   #20
Creampuff

1957 22' Flying Cloud
1971 31' Sovereign
1976 29' Ambassador
Malibu , California
Quote:
Does anyone know if a 100 lb Dobe can turn around comfortably in a 22' Airstream? He is a house dog at home.
We take our 2 Bouviers @ 80 lbs each in the Safari and we all love it.
The Dobe may have to learn how to back his way out from the rear bath though!!
One Bouv ('Emmy') sleeps at the foot of our front double gaucho (width extended to queen size) and the other is o.k. with the floor (men are used to it!)
If we tart up the side gaucho enough and it's not a cold night , we might get through the whole night with Emmy over there- but they also make good heaters!!
AIR #189

"If aluminum isn't magnetic- why am I so attracted to to it?"
Creampuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 12:55 AM   #21
Rivet Master

My German Shepard has found that he best likes to sleep on the floor anywhere so long as he is next to me. If I sit down in my recliner he always lays next to me there, if I lay down on the sofa he will lay down next to me over there, but always on the floor. Guess he just likes the floor better cause it is a little cooler for him.

John G
System: Jordon 2020 Ultima Brake Controller
Hook-Up: Equalizing Hitch and Sway Bar
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 07:41 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG
My German Shepard has found that he best likes to sleep on the floor anywhere so long as he is next to me. If I sit down in my recliner he always lays next to me there, if I lay down on the sofa he will lay down next to me over there, but always on the floor. Guess he just likes the floor better cause it is a little cooler for him.
Over night our dog Tony squeezes in beside the queen bed. He can only stretch his front legs. Tony is a slender 160lbs great dane. During the day he prefers to nap in the front couch. He takes up about 1/2 of it. Or he naps under the fold-out table in the front. Last year we travelled with two great danes. They squeezed into one side each of the queen bed at night.
Old 10-29-2005, 12:35 PM   #23
1 Rivet Member

We have a 100 lb white German Shepherd and she turns on a dime in our 26" trailer so your dob should adapt quite well to trailer life.
Ours sleeps on the goucho up front and loves airstream life!

Quote:
Old 10-29-2005, 07:47 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
They sleep everywhere but where they should.

In the Globe Trotter we have given in - just no room for Peter and I along with 2 dogs - grant it Taz only stays for a bit then heads off to the floor or the extra couch. Haily just will not sleep anywhere other than with me. So Haily and I get the double and Peter gets a single with Taz in the other single.

When we were on holiday and sharing our small trailer with parents who slept in the back - the girls as you see on the blue sleeping bags thought they were getting the best spots - but they ended up on the floor at bed time.

In the Overlander they slept on the floor - could be that it was sooooo hot during our trip to Axis Products - but in the morning they got a bit lonely and ended up on the singles. - Start of a bad habit.

When we do the retrofit on the Overlander - Peter is going to build in a centre pull - and we will fill with center cushions - so the dogs can get up with us and sleep.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	100_1880.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	178.7 KB
ID:	15854   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1881.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	128.4 KB
ID:	15855  

Name:	100_2853.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	165.6 KB
ID:	15856   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1099.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	135.4 KB
ID:	15857  

Old 10-29-2005, 08:43 PM   #25
4 Rivet Member

1983 31' Excella
Waterloo , Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaStreamin
Am still investigating portable fencing solutions for camping tho as hate for him to be on leash the whole time....pretty much our lives revolve around this guy...and he wouldn't have in any other way!
Look into acquiring sevral sets of exercise pens..... commonly called X-pens. These come in eight panels of two foot widths, giving you sixteen feet of portable fence. They come in heights from twenty four inches up to forty eight inches. They can easily be clipped together to expand the area.
We use plastic electric fence stakes to hold them up... these have a step in feature, and cost about a buck and a quarter each, I use one for every other panel, and wrap a bungee cord through the fence and around the post to secure them.
Most dog supply outfits handle them, check out Pet Edge here for them:
http://www.petedge.com/shopping/brow...xercise%20pens
I've bought some at auctions where no one else knew what they were!

Elizabeth in Iowa
Old 10-29-2005, 10:23 PM   #26
Site Team

1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
Here is a piture my wife shot last year. It needs no further comment!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	smokie.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	15860  

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 08:02 AM   #27
4 Rivet Member

1990 34' Excella
Windcrest , Texas
Our Dogs Sleep....

We have 2 goldens and a beagle. During our first camping trip we took all 3 in our '31 Excella but it was too much for my wife. So now we rotate the 'muts' . That means we take 1 dog on each outing and the crazy thing about it, is I think they know when it's their turn.

All three love the AS and the sleeping location depends on who is with us. The beagle sleeps on my head regardless of where I'm at and the goldens sleep anywhere they want. Preferably near their dog dish. We're planning a trip to the Grand Canyon next May, and I'm debating on which dog(s) to bring with us.

Since I want to do some hiking during this trip, I'm worried about leaving the dog in the TT. Any thoughts on this from anyone who's been to the North Rim?

Mitch
Old 10-30-2005, 08:31 AM   #28
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Currently Looking...
Milwaukee , Wisconsin
The 14 year old Dalmation gets the spot of honor, the captains chair while the new comer, affectionately referred to as our hill billy coon hound Opal, get the mates chair.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Pike lake-August 002.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	15862