Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Lifestyle > The Pet Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-25-2004, 05:23 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Thumbs up This Forum is Fab!!! Can't wait to get my A/S

Hi all;

When I saw the pet forum I thought wow this just gets better and better every hour I surf!!!

Loved the pet contest - who won Ha ha

We are in the process of purchasing not only our first A/S but our first Travel Trailer too. In the process of our search - we even got the girls involved and told them to check out south of the border!!!

Front end pictures on the way.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	searching for a/s\'s.jpg
Views:	400
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	4571  
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 05:36 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Dallas , Texas
Welcome to the forum.

Everyone wins the Pet Photo Contest. We get to live with the beauties, so we all win!

Our first TT was an AS, too. You'll never regret it.
Old 01-25-2004, 05:40 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

Welcome to the forum!
joshua32064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 05:43 PM   #4
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Smile Here are our sweeties

This is Taz and Haily.

We lost our darling sweet Aby last year to cancer at only age 8 and Haily (the Cream Golden Retriever) joined our family last February at 8weeks old. Taz the Black Lab Golden Retriever Mix (our Black Gold) was really lonely so although it was real tough to open our hearts when they were breaking so bad....we got Taz a play mate. Haily is from the same Grandparents as Aby was and there are times I have to do a double take as they really are similar (but then they are very very different in nature)

They have become best of pals - really well mannered - well Haily needs a little work still just turned a year old at Christmas. Taz is was 6 this past October and has a bit of a problem with little dogs - probably because they are quicker and get under foot.

They are both great on our boat and just love to go for car rides - so the Airstreaming life should be right up their alley. Haily had a bit of a problem with car sickness but since we bought a new ride at Christmas she seems to be pretty good - no need for the gravol pills or the paper towels and plastic bags

Here is a much better portrait of our furbabies.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	taz & haily porch ls.jpg
Views:	412
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	4573  
Old 01-25-2004, 10:03 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Welcome GT and girls,
You will be finding yourself spending more and more time here but I guarantee that you will have never learned as much about AS anywhere else. These forums are THE best source for information. So welcome to the world of Airstreaming and I'll see you on the boards...

NorCal Fall Rally, Jackson Rancheria, October 7-9 2011 Click here for more info

Come rally with us.
Big Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 11:16 PM   #6
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Thumbs up So True

Quote:
Originally posted by Big Dee
Welcome GT and girls,
you will have never learned as much about AS anywhere else....
In fact Big Dee all we know about A/S so far is from this forum and the VAC site - and I know we have only touched a wee little bit of what is ahead.

Peter was so interested and all pumped up today he actually spent about 2 hours on the internet today just reading all the posts on brakes, tires, axles and whatever else he needs to get her ready for travel.

It was pretty tough to drag me off the computer today - but I know I had to let him see a bit too. I felt like a big sponge trying to soak up every post. Can't wait to pick her up (still have to firm it up - this waiting is driving me nuts).

Cheers
SPK
Old 05-26-2004, 12:57 PM   #7
1 Rivet Member

Hi all, I'm Dorothy, new to this forum and a "want to be" Airstreamer! Have been looking at all the sites for the past year or so and have decided to look for an older AS Classic motorhome. I've just retired (RN, emergency room most of my career). I'm a Vietnam veteran, and have been a medical voluteer in Somalia and Lebanon. I'm now ready for some fun traveling! I have 2 beautiful Ragdoll cats who travel well by car, but at 19 yrs old would like to take their home with them! If any of you know of any AS motorhomes for sale please let me know.Thanks
dorothywhitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 01:32 PM   #8
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
West Linn , Oregon
Welcome

Welcome Dorothy,

I recently purchased "my first" and couldn't have done it without all of the info contained on here. Since my purchase I have received a lot of assistance from others, as you will...

john
Old 05-27-2004, 10:57 AM   #9
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Have you seen this thread?

'76 Argosy 28' motorhome, So. Cal. $3,900

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote