Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Lifestyle > The Pet Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-16-2011, 08:09 AM   #21
Rivet Master

1981 27' Excella II
mays landing , South Jersey
leaving cat/dog home

To leave a cat home for a week just leave enough food and water and a large, clean litter box. The cat will only eat/drink enough every day.
To leave a dog just do the same thing. As soon as you leave, the dog will eat all the food, spill the water and you can picture the rest. Sal.
TAC N.J. 17
WBCCI 24740
noreen&sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 06:45 AM   #22
Rivet Master

1995 30' Excella
Bowie , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideOut View Post
Guess it depends on your pets. Our cat & two dogs travel with us most most every trip...no problem. Lily the cat has done so for almost ten years now...the dogs since we've have them, it's Bette's second season & Sadee's first. All is well in our Airstream.
My cat Snowball has gone camping with me in the B190 from the very first trip. In fact, I felt bad kenneling him or leaving him with family when I went on trips, so getting a camper was in part so he COULD come with me. He loves it.

With our new trailer, I think he's even happier - we got him a dog cage that he stays in in the truck, with a small litter box, bed, and a little food and water, and then he has a 30' camper to roam around in and act like he owns.

We've also left him alone at home overnight, never had a problem there, either. Every pet, just like every person, is different.

Sold but not forgotten: 1991 Airstream B190
Sold: 2006 F-250 6.0L Powerstroke Supercab
Skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 06:33 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2020 28' Flying Cloud
Upper St Clair , Pennsylvania
As posted on another tread we make the plunge and purchased a 2010 30' Flying Cloud with the front lounge chairs and the beast going with us is my avatar picture. She attacks other dogs, but on a leash and under control she only prances around and trys to move towards so based on the input and encouragement from you all we decided to move forward. It's a very long story, we have only had her 2-1/2 years but in that time we believe she has saved my live or at least extended it, so leaving her in a kennel is hard to do.

Thanks again for all your encouragement, maybe once we get out on the road we will run into some of you

My Best

Bud
paiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 07:59 AM   #24
Whitefawn

1978 Argosy 24
Scottsville , Virginia
Avoiding crowds

I am so glad you took the plunge and got your AS. It sounds to me like your heightened awareness of your dog's issues places you at the head of the class- because you are concerned both about your dog, and also about your fellow campers and their animals. There is NO reason you and your dog cannot have some great camping experiences.

My husband and I follow a few guidelines when we plan our trips, because I am allergic to crowds. We almost NEVER camp "on-season" in a campground that is located in an area that has intense seasonal crowds. And we plan the opposite- camping in deserted campgrounds off-season. We meet our friends for our annual New Years Eve camping trip, boondocking at Assateague Island MD (with our dogs). We are traditionally the only people in the campground. Winter camping presents its own challenges, but a lot of our best camping is in the fall or winter. Also, we found that campground personnel tend to clump people together, when assigning sites, so we ask if we can choose our own site, and ask which is the "camp-site" less traveled. Good Luck!

Kathy
whitefawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 08:02 AM   #25
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
HOORAH....

"Fado" sends a big KISS.

No four legger left behind...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PWDCA National Speciality 2008 119.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	681.3 KB
ID:	138803  
Old 09-05-2011, 08:32 AM   #26
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Las Cruces , New Mexico
Fado is adorable. He/she looks like my Cali, just bigger! :-)
Desert Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:27 AM   #27
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Diva View Post
Fado is adorable. He/she looks like my Cali, just bigger! :-)
DD,

Obrigado, he knows it and plays it for all it's worth.

And Cali's picture is where?

Bob