Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Lifestyle > The Pet Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-30-2018, 04:03 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2016 22' Sport
Swedesboro , New Jersey
Terraport / Pet Care / Sheltie

Hello to all: Heading to the Terraport this summer, we have a 4 year old Sheltie, always travels with us. We would both like to take the tour and not comfortable leaving Sadie in the Airstream. Is their any Pet / Day care facilities near the Terraport. I understand it is a bit isolated and don't mind a bit of travel to drop her off for the afternoon. Thanks / Dave
dlkershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 04:22 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I’ve never heard anyone mention pet care at JC, but you might google it for the area.

Might be someone at JC you could leave the dog with during the tour, if he can’t go with you and you don’t want to leave him in your trailer....like clerical, receptionist, etc.

Never hurts to ask..

Maggie
Old 04-30-2018, 04:42 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
If you're there more than one day, you could each watch the dog different days and take the tour on the opposite days. There might be someone in the terraport willing to help out. And there may be a local dog sitting or doggy daycare service - I just haven't googled it.

Good luck!
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 05:02 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Jupiter , Florida
We were lucky enough to have some folks in the waiting area offer to watch our dog last summer when we were there. The tour didn’t take that long.
Old 04-30-2018, 07:35 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

2009 34' Classic
Lake Worth Beach , Florida
When we were at JC in March, our Rottie woke up with an ear infection. We googled for a nearby vet office and found Tri-County Veterinary Service in Anna, just west of I-75, about a 10 minute drive from JC. They were very accommodating, and I recommend them if you need veterinary care while in Jackson Center. According to their web site, they offer boarding services.

Info here: https://www.tricountyvetservice.com/...services-anna/

Hope this helps.

Jim
2016 RAM 2500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4, Cummins TurboDiesel
AirstreamJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 05:02 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
My experience with vets offices is that they are not like a doggie day care, geared toward fun, exercise and enjoyment for your beloved pet.

Boarding at a vets office likely consists of being placed in a crate in close proximity to many other barking and unhappy dogs there for various reasons, taken out to go potty but otherwise confined....in a strange place, with strange people.

Lily would be traumatized by this kind of experience, and fearful of it happening again.

I wouldn’t expose a dog to this kind of environment unless an emergency required it.

But, that’s just me.

Maggie
Old 05-01-2018, 09:48 AM   #7
2 Rivet Member

2001 25' Safari
Wayne , New Jersey
We leave our dog in the truck with air conditioning running when we are away and go to dinner (she has a memory foam bed in back seat). Some places have valet and they love to keep an on eye her and say hi. Our time frame is usually 2-3 hours.
TincanRitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 10:19 AM   #8
4 Rivet Member

2004 28' International CCD
1948 22' Liner
1963 22' Safari
Oakland , Florida
Send a message via Yahoo to MsRivet
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirstreamJim View Post
When we were at JC in March, our Rottie woke up with an ear infection. We googled for a nearby vet office and found Tri-County Veterinary Service in Anna, just west of I-75, about a 10 minute drive from JC. They were very accommodating, and I recommend them if you need veterinary care while in Jackson Center. According to their web site, they offer boarding services.

Info here: https://www.tricountyvetservice.com/...services-anna/

Hope this helps.

Jim
We too had to make an emergency visit to TriCounty Vet while at JC. They are great The vet still took time with us even though he had an emergency ... needed to go to a nearby farm to birth a cow. I still keep their frig magnet in our A/S. Good luck and no running in the factory!

MsRivet
Not all those who wander are lost.
Living the Dream ... Plan B
The 75 year journey of our Airstream Liner . . .
https://www.airforums.com/forums/f60...ey-176336.html
MsRivet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 11:13 AM   #9

2008 23' Safari FB SE
Austin , Texas
While we were at the Terraport in 2016 having work done on our 23FB, we boarded our cat at the Tri-County Veterinary Clinic. They took very good care of her. You will have to provide them with your paperwork from your home veterinarian showing your pet’s vaccinations are up to date.
Streamingal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 04:59 PM   #10
2 Rivet Member

1964 26' Overlander
Rancho Palos Verdes , California
There is a website www.rover.com on which individuals list themselves as available for pet sitting. You take your pet to their house. The website has pet sitters all over the country. I recently found someone who will look after one of my dogs who can't travel (never got over car sickness) and can't stay home alone, even though we have house sitters. We recently lost our 15 year old mutt so Rio gets to go hang out with two golden retrievers at their house, while our other two get to come with us to Pismo Beach (dog beach here we come! WOOF).

Many of the sitters on rover.com will also do doggie day care. I did a quick search and found 3 listed fairly close to Jackson Center. It's probably worth a phone call to see what the options are. Good luck.
riowerks is offline   Reply With Quote