Old 10-17-2007, 10:38 AM   #57
3 Rivet Member

1999 25' Excella
Bemidji , Minnesota
Ok.... we've been sold on the "ScoopAway- multiple cat formula" that you get in the big box stores!! We occasionally have some pretty "picky" visitors just looking at the trailer and no one has ever noticed a smell so far! More later w/a pic.... have to run do some research for my college student! ^_^

Edee

Old 10-17-2007, 10:58 AM   #58
3 Rivet Member

1999 25' Excella
Bemidji , Minnesota
I Think the photo is here! My first time to try .... .. did I mention that we also have a cat tree for her in the trailer??? I think you can see it in the picture.... if the picture gets here..... sigh

Edee
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Smaller one of Ki .jpg
Views:	89
Size:	368.1 KB
ID:	47497  

Old 10-17-2007, 10:59 AM   #59
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Keymar , Maryland
Travels well.

A small carpet near the box that the cat has to walk on. This leaves the litter on the carpet for easy clean up.
Attached Images

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 11:46 AM   #60
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
St. Hedwig , Texas
Our black & white Oreo has gotten me up around 5AM at least 3 times a week since we have had her. This going on 6 years now. She apparently does this when her stomach growls. If I am not at home she will not do this to my wife. She awakens me with her claws lightly touching my skin or here wiskers brushing against my face. Our new addition, Wanda, hasn't learned that trick yet.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:21 PM   #61
4 Rivet Member

1972 23' Safari
Placitas , New Mexico
Extraordinary Kitty Encounter

I've posted several of these before, but it is just so extraordinary that I'd like to show them again. Athena is our road kitty. She adapted to life in the Airstream without a hitch. Our maiden voyage was a 5500 mile tour through 7 states. She has a special meow when she needs to use the cat box and we stop and take her back to the trailer. These pictures were taken in Yellowstone. The raven landed on the hood of the Dodge just before I was going to start the truck and walked right up to the windshield. I carefully grabbed my camera and started shooting. The cat and the raven were fascinated with each other. It was really interesting the way they mirrored each other with their bodies. When the raven hopped over to the side mirror, Bill lowered the window--which to our suprise did not spook the raven. Athena leaned out and they touched nose to beak. Meanwhile the raven's mate was strutting around on the taneau cover. (BTW, those are spots are on the windshield, not snow.)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Athena y Raven_1.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	47511   Click image for larger version

Name:	Athena y Raven_2.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	47512  

Name:	Athena&Raven_3.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	47513   Click image for larger version

Name:	Athena &Raven_9a.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	47514  

and
Jupiter (the Golden Retriever)
Blu_Hwy_Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 12:08 AM   #62

Currently Looking...
Keymar , Maryland
Same bird?

Hey that looks like the one that landed in my mirrow last fall!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCN5115.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	47582  

Old 10-18-2007, 01:59 AM   #63
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Huntington Beach , California
We have a Safari FB 25', and we converted one of the flip down cabinet under the sitting area at the dining area for the cat box. We took the flip down door off and bought the same fabric as the rest of the bench from the factory and made a curtain instead. That allows TT (the cat) to go in and out at ease and it's out of sight. Of course, we use the Fresh Step odorless litter (same thing we used at home, and you can't smell anything, besides, she's used to it) and put a small ionic breeze (when we have hookup) right next to it. It works very well for us and the TT. No one ever suspect where the kitty box was when they visited.

TT really enjoys the trailer. Her first trip was our maiden voyage last year which was 10,000 miles, 27 states, and she felt at home the first day. She loves to sit at the door (with the door wide open) and watches the world (campground and animals) there. She sometimes wants to explore the outdoor, but she usually is quite good and just stays at the door side or hang out by the panaramic window.

=^^=cat
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	TT by the door.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	47584   Click image for larger version

Name:	TT by the windoe.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	109.6 KB
ID:	47585  

Attached Images

Old 10-27-2007, 11:38 PM   #64

Currently Looking...
Keymar , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback
We're getting real close to bringing our two gatos along for some trailering and I'm wondering where's the best litter box location? Also, when driving does your cat sit up front with you? Free, tethered or caged?

Thanks,
Ken

Fractal & Nina
I leave a litter box in the rear on the floor. Sarah usually sleeps behind my head on a blanket on top of small storage crate. She has slept on the seat or my lap as well.

Old 10-28-2007, 08:47 AM   #65
3 Rivet Member

1999 34' Excella
Durango , Colorado
A nice alternative to kitty litter

There is a product called Yesterday's News that is newspaper shredded and made into a litter. It doesn't stick to their paws and my vet always recommends it. You could try it for the litter dribble problem...
Old 11-11-2007, 12:40 PM   #66
SRW
TEXAS66

Georgetown , Texas
Cool Two Cats

Our 7 lb Cornish Rex, and a 8 lb Sphinx (with fur) will be making their first trip with us next month. Both males, and have never had "accidents" - really.

The litter we use at home clumps very well, but gets tracked nearly everywhere in the house. The guys seem to like it, but are not fussy, since I have tried other litters.

I will look again for a no tracking/clumping litter, but quite frankly I am not hopeful that any litter product will actually deliver on their advertising.
Old 11-11-2007, 12:49 PM   #67
SRW
TEXAS66

Georgetown , Texas
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu_Hwy_Lady
I've posted several of these before, but it is just so extraordinary that I'd like to show them again. Athena is our road kitty. She adapted to life in the Airstream without a hitch. Our maiden voyage was a 5500 mile tour through 7 states. She has a special meow when she needs to use the cat box and we stop and take her back to the trailer. These pictures were taken in Yellowstone. The raven landed on the hood of the Dodge just before I was going to start the truck and walked right up to the windshield. I carefully grabbed my camera and started shooting. The cat and the raven were fascinated with each other. It was really interesting the way they mirrored each other with their bodies. When the raven hopped over to the side mirror, Bill lowered the window--which to our suprise did not spook the raven. Athena leaned out and they touched nose to beak. Meanwhile the raven's mate was strutting around on the taneau cover. (BTW, those are spots are on the windshield, not snow.)
Really great pictures.

Our Cornish Rex, Mr. Milo, "talks" differently when he wants something or is just teed-off. When we recently returned after being away for a few weeks, and he was left at home (with only a daily visit from a sitter) he sounded like a duck. He actually sounded like he was quacking. That night he stuck his muzzle in my ear and quacked loud enough to scare the heck out of me.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:54 PM   #68
2 Rivet Member

2007 19' Bambi
el centro , California
New Rescue Kitten!!!

While out walking my two 65 lb dogs Ollie and Nell, we happened upon a feral kitten of 8 weeks or so. His been with us ever since (which has been about a month now).

We have a 19' Bambi and have always taken our dogs. Everyone has a place in the Airstream, and there is little room for deviation. We certainly will want to bring the new kitty along, just worried about the limited space in the 19'. At this point upgrading to a new 23' is not a possibility.

I suppose we'll just put the litter box in the shower and hope for the best. I think he'll travel in the truck with us OK, but we haven't tried yet. We'll start with a short trip close to home...

Any thoughts?
Old 02-15-2008, 08:02 PM   #69

Currently Looking...
Keymar , Maryland
How well does the cat get along with the dogs in the house?

Old 02-15-2008, 08:03 PM   #70
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Same thing happened to us this fall. A shepherd and a bcollie/lab mix when a kitten walked into our garage. So far we have had the litter right in the corner under the stove but I think the shower would be great place but we have the glass door on ours. Riding in the truck we use either a small porter or a dog crate with the litter inside. We are considering putting a pet divider in the rear and having them share the space loose but we will see about that. He has been a littl escapee and led us on many merry chases but other than needing pounds of litter and space for the tray and an eye to escape his nails have been the only problem on the ultra leather and mouse fur but not too much. We won't declaw him because he is an indoor/outdoor cat. We took him for rides in the truck to get him accustomed to traveling. there are times he gets a bit vocal but usually settles down and is fine in no time.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote