Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-22-2003, 03:05 PM   #21
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Here's a picture of Lily settled in for a road trip...on the way to the VAC Rally last month. Cute huh?!

Shari
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lilycar.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	3184  
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 03:30 PM   #22
Rivet Master

Dallas , Texas
Miss Lily is about the prettiest thing I've ever seen! I'm glad Shari posted to this thread and got it going again.

Quote:
Now, you may have noticed that we've traveled with dogs, a cat, and a bird. When we were full-timing, I was always trying to figure a safe way to travel with fish, too. Brett finally put his foot down with fish.
I'd forgotten that I posted this last year. We have a couple in our unit who travel all summer with a fish. The top of the fish bowl has philodendron plants floating on top!
Old 02-07-2007, 03:55 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2017 27' Flying Cloud
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Altoona , Florida
Dog? dog? in a motorhome?

I'm not allowed to use the dog word.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lucy point 002.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	146.7 KB
ID:	31948   Click image for larger version

Name:	Winhall campgound 021.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	138.9 KB
ID:	31949  

Poprivet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 05:19 PM   #24
Liberator

1972 Argosy 24
1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Heart of Dixie , Alabama
Whats A Dog?

Teddy says...

Theres just not enough room in our 345 for a 'dog'

klattu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 05:36 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2017 27' Flying Cloud
Altoona , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by klattu
Teddy says...

Theres just not enough room in our 345 for a 'dog'

What is that??
Old 02-07-2007, 05:41 PM   #26
Liberator

1972 Argosy 24
1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Heart of Dixie , Alabama
King Koon

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Alan
What is that??
The 'Owner'

klattu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 06:36 PM   #27
Rivet Master

2017 27' Flying Cloud
Altoona , Florida
Yup - I certainly can relate to that.
Old 02-08-2007, 08:39 AM   #28
Rivet Master

1985 34.5' Airstream 345
Tujunga , California
Our 2 bassets go between the couch, front side chair, doghouse and occasionally the passengers lap. Our 7 month old kitten stays on his 4 foot leash and roams the motorhome. A lot of time he takes the dogs favorite chair and they won't move him out! he also likes to ride on the top of the couch or chairs.
str8strm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 08:53 AM   #29
4 Rivet Member

2004 34' Classic S/O
San Antonio , Texas
Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideOut
How about our feline friends? Anybody travel with a cat? We have an indoor cat that we are starting to leash train in hopes that she can join us on our travels...any advice?

Shari
We travel with our cat. He is more comfortable on the road in the trailer than in the TV. He finds a nook, and just naps until we arrive. We tried the leash, but it just didn't work - he didn't take to it on a walk. We then put the leash on and tied the loose end to a brick, and just let him hang with us while we were outside. He loves this. He can roam, up to the length of the leash, and we don't have to worry about him wandering off. The leash we tether him to is about 8' long so he has some freedom to move. If he wants more he will drag it, but not far.

I hope this works for y'all.

__________Tom

'05 Excursion 4x4, 6.0 PSD, magnaflow, helwig anti-sway, air lift springs.
Stream 1529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 07:12 PM   #30
Rivet Master

1985 34.5' Airstream 345
Tujunga , California
Our cat does really well on a leash, he is always running with our dogs in our yard and thinks walking with them on a leash is the same thing. Sometimes he stalls if a strange dog barks at him but after being carried for about 20 feet he wants back down with his pals Or course he came home from the pound and the next day took a 4 day road trip in the MoHo.
str8strm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 07:46 PM   #31
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Trveled with my 25lb Beagle/Jack Russel mix for 5 years when I was full-timing in the MoHo. She used to sleep on the huge flat dash and loved to look out at the upcoming traffic. Stopped a few times a day for the walking thing, and she was a real trooper.

Now that I 'Stream, the pooch stays home with the Mrs. or Mom. Her traveling days are over as she really liked the space in the MoHo and the van just doesn't cut it for her.
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 01:06 AM   #32

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Ridgewood , New Jersey
Send a message via Yahoo to supercars
Dog in Motorhome

We have a frisky Labrador who likes to travel nose out window. the RV park we have our sites on does not permit leaving the dog behind for any reason unattended.

Our Lab will ride on the shotgun side at our feet and is also happy in a crate. I have zip experience w RV's and a lot of dog experience. I would plan on crating the dog while traveling if riding upfront isn't feasable. My old trainer said "don't let teh dog fail" if it gets into trouble it is usually the owner's fault, not the dog's.
supercars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 08:04 AM   #33
4 Rivet Member

2004 34' Classic S/O
San Antonio , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by dienst1
This is our second post regarding fulltiming with a Cockatoo (parrot sized bird). We bought a cage that will fit in a couple of places in our 28' Excella motorhome. Has anyone traveled with a bird and what has been your experience?

Dick & Genie
We travel with four birds, a cat and a dog. Three of the birds are as social as a Cockatoo. Those three love to see what's going on around them. The other is a Nanday Connure, and he's a "chicken little". Being a prey bird, he is sure that every shadow is after him, so he's covered while travling.

Your bird may enjoy a window seat while traveling, so it can see the sights as they pass by. Three of ours do just that, and will comment when a semi passes us. After awhile, just like kids, the road noise will help them take naps.

The main thing we've done is to make sure they are entertained. They all have plenty of toys to play with, or chew in the case of the Macaw. My wife cooks their treats and that helps them stay fit. While in a park we will let the birds out of their cages so they can sit on our shoulders, or just roam. At night, or when away for the day, we close our blinds to reduce the chance for outbursts.

We have a TT, and place the cages in the front cap area and next to the curbside front window. We took down the valance over that window because our Macaw was trying to taste it when he was on top of his cage. Our thoughts for placing the cages was to make sure that they were close to us while we were awake. All four are social, and really seek out our company, so that was very important. Being in the front also minimized stepping around cages and perches to get somewhere.

I'm not familiar with y'alls layout, but I feel sure that you will find just the right place for your Cockatoo.

_______Tom

'05 Excursion 4x4, 6.0 PSD, magnaflow, helwig anti-sway, air lift springs.
Stream 1529 is offline   Reply With Quote