Old 06-09-2008, 10:31 AM   #491
4 Rivet Member

1978 31' Excella 500
Palm Bay , Florida
Devastated

Shelby is our PomChi, Pomeranian/Chihuahua mix. She is 3yrs old and gloried in being the First Dog of the Florida Unit for a year. As soon as she found out that she had to give up the "honor", she went into a deep depression. She's better now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05502-1.JPG
Views:	64
Size:	119.6 KB
ID:	62077  
Attached Images

www.facebook.com/FloridaStateRally
WBCCI Florida Unit 027 Trustee
http://www.airstream-adventures.com/...rida_Unit.html
WBCCI #6782
31' 78 Airstream Excella 500
2001 Ford Excursion V-10
Reese hitch and dual cam sway control
startrekker2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 02:56 PM   #492
Rivet Master

1984 31' Airstream310
Dunsmuir , California
Anyone want to rescue a Dogue de Bordeaux?

In the last several months, rescue has just been inundated with dogues needing assistance, we currently have 20 dogues IN the program nationwide (4 are in foster to adopt, 9 came in to rescue in the last 2 weeks) and several needing rescue. Rescue desperately needs volunteers to check on dogs at shelters, help transport, help evaluate and most of all, we need volunteers who can open their home to a dog in need.
Dogues that need to come into the program at the moment:
Chicago- Simba, 7 yr old male
New Jersey- Jaxson 14 mo old male
North Carolina- Sampson 15 mo old male
Tennessee- Maximus 4 yr old male
KC Mo- littermate brother and sister, 3 1/2 years old
New Jersey- Bella, 3 yr old female
At this time, half way through the year we have already had to turn away 38 dogues needing rescue. If you can assist an any way, please contact me. Financial Donations are always welcome and can be sent via paypal to ddbsrescue@aol.com or mailed to DDBSA Rescue, 7160 Goodrich Hwy., Oakland, OR 97462, product donations such as collars, leashes, supplements, online gift certs, medications (antibiotics) can be sent to FHS in the east, Kathi Cannon, 12509 Worthington Ave., Cleveland, OH 44111, and in the West can be sent to Dianne Morrison, 571 Naneum Rd., Ellensburg, WA 98926.
In addition, rescue also needs some assistance in webdesign, art work for a new rescue logo, and help researching other rescues for better forms that we can adapt to suit the rescue. If you can help with this, please contact me!! Thank you for your continued support.

Kris & the Brats
DDBSA Rescue National Coordinator
Dogue de Bordeaux Rescue
Spoilt Dogues
Camelot Bordeaux

1984 310 Limited Motorhome
Courtesy Parking (W/S/E/Wi-Fi) on I-5 in Northern California, 70 miles from Oregon border
guy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 07:20 PM   #493
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
North Vancouver , British Columbia
Guy, is it okay if I post this on my Labrador forum? The mores eyes the better, I figure.
cameront120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 09:00 AM   #494
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
May I add a 4 year old male French Bordeaux named Winston, neutered, in the Springfield Missouri area! Needs home right away. Is being raised under less than ideal conditions. He really should have been out of his current situation months ago. PLEASE Contact kani4mac@gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy99 View Post
Anyone want to rescue a Dogue de Bordeaux?

In the last several months, rescue has just been inundated with dogues needing assistance, we currently have 20 dogues IN the program nationwide (4 are in foster to adopt, 9 came in to rescue in the last 2 weeks) and several needing rescue. Rescue desperately needs volunteers to check on dogs at shelters, help transport, help evaluate and most of all, we need volunteers who can open their home to a dog in need.
Dogues that need to come into the program at the moment:
Chicago- Simba, 7 yr old male
New Jersey- Jaxson 14 mo old male
North Carolina- Sampson 15 mo old male
Tennessee- Maximus 4 yr old male
KC Mo- littermate brother and sister, 3 1/2 years old
New Jersey- Bella, 3 yr old female
At this time, half way through the year we have already had to turn away 38 dogues needing rescue. If you can assist an any way, please contact me. Financial Donations are always welcome and can be sent via paypal to ddbsrescue@aol.com or mailed to DDBSA Rescue, 7160 Goodrich Hwy., Oakland, OR 97462, product donations such as collars, leashes, supplements, online gift certs, medications (antibiotics) can be sent to FHS in the east, Kathi Cannon, 12509 Worthington Ave., Cleveland, OH 44111, and in the West can be sent to Dianne Morrison, 571 Naneum Rd., Ellensburg, WA 98926.
In addition, rescue also needs some assistance in webdesign, art work for a new rescue logo, and help researching other rescues for better forms that we can adapt to suit the rescue. If you can help with this, please contact me!! Thank you for your continued support.

Kris & the Brats
DDBSA Rescue National Coordinator
Dogue de Bordeaux Rescue
Spoilt Dogues
Camelot Bordeaux
76sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 09:24 AM   #495
1 Rivet Member

2008 16' Bambi
Calhan , Colorado
Our little Rig and Friend

Just to say Hi and really to see what will happen when I upload the pictures,Who knows but time itself , Clinton C_MG_3100.JPEG Lairry smart object copy.jpg
Being a brand spanking new Airstream owner and the first hard shell camping I ever done if camping in an Airstream is considered camping
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	_MG_3100.JPEG
Views:	84
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	62639   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lairry smart object copy.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	724.1 KB
ID:	62640  

Old 06-23-2008, 08:35 PM   #496
3 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari
orlando , New Mexico, Utah, Colorado
Nema the Toad

Here is Nema Toad, she looks pretty good here, but after my Malinois played with her for a while, she was the worse for the wear.

You can see pooch in the back ground waiting to play.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	toad.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	62761  

WBCCI #3841
jacarape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 08:49 PM   #497
3 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari
Here is Jupitor, standing at 200mph. He's a great guy's dog, shoots really stinky farts, burps and watches old western movies, when he's sleeping, banging on him won't wake him up, won't get out of the bed unless it's before 3AM and he wants something to eat, climbs trees and does'nt chase deer. He loves that tree.

Also here is his sister Nyx. A super cool dog who does exactly what she wants, but I can leave ribs in the trash and she'll leave them alone. I can even call her back when she spots some turkeys or a deer. That girl is special, but aren't they all?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	jup-on-bridge.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	301.1 KB
ID:	62763   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jupitor-in-tree.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	139.3 KB
ID:	62764  

Name:	nyx-in-the-woods.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	165.0 KB
ID:	62765  

WBCCI #3841
jacarape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 09:09 PM   #498
1953 Flying Cloud

1953 21' Flying Cloud
West Sacramento , California
precious

here are my two favorite little ones.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	100_2736.JPG
Views:	69
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	62767  

www.petidforme.com/105
1953 Flying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 09:12 PM   #499
1953 Flying Cloud

1953 21' Flying Cloud
another entry

Second to my little ones, here is mans best freind.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	100_2726.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	62768  

www.petidforme.com/105
Old 06-24-2008, 08:39 AM   #500
1 Rivet Member

2008 16' Bambi
Calhan , Colorado
To Jacarape; We are looking for a Malino's as are gang is getting to old to travel, It was between a Fila Brazilareus , Anatonian, or a Malino.. Fila is a little intense when it comes to strangers the Anatolian is a little to home buddy , which leaves us with the Malino as a choice, Love your dog they are so smart, do you have a breeder you know of the have sound dogs for sale from time to time, CC
Old 06-24-2008, 08:43 AM   #501
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Robert, we love that Weimaraner of yours-so handsome. Reminds me of our Wally, now 14, when he was young and muscled too. Thanks for sharing the photo...~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 08:56 AM   #502
1953 Flying Cloud

1953 21' Flying Cloud
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxandgeorgia View Post
Robert, we love that Weimaraner of yours-so handsome. Reminds me of our Wally, now 14, when he was young and muscled too. Thanks for sharing the photo...~G

Thanks, he is a great dog. Do you have a Weimaraner thats 14? Wow... Thats pretty old for a large breed. Do you feed him a holistic diet? I have a friend that has an English Mastive, they give him raw turkey for food. He is now 10 years old which is almost unheard of.

www.petidforme.com/105
Old 06-24-2008, 12:56 PM   #503
CLOUDSPLITTER Phone home

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Thumbs up Meu Fado

This IS TOO my chair!!

Fado the Portuguese Water Dog..
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC02385.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	62802  

"The problem with quotes found on the Internet is that it's hard to be sure of their authenticity."
Abe Lincolan
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 07:42 PM   #504
3 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari
Rancher5

For rancher5,

Hi, I've been working on a kennel for the past 3 months, here's the site: Belgian Malinois Breeder & Trainer | Puppies For Sale | Ruidoso Malinois

I'm not going to plug the place, it's probably a commercial no-no. But you are right, Mals are smart, but I don't know much about dogs, I'm here to lose weight, get healthy after a pretty bad illness (doing great!).

What I have learned is that I wouldn't buy a Malinois from a puppy farm, the dogs here are incredible, did I mention sticker shock? THe sire (Rasta, Level IV trained, bred in France, trained in the CZ Rep) of my pooches would sell for many 10s of thousands of dollars, he is that good, and that well trained. The bitch is also Level III trained, an incredible dog. These are the types of animals that you see on youtube, pulling people out of cars and munching on them.

They're not all like that, maybe 1 in 40, or less, and that leaves quite a few great high energy activity dogs, or sniffers, trackers, etc.. Though Jupitor prefers sleeping to most other things, he also likes 4AM pillow fights with Nyx, 100 pounds of pooches in a corner bed romping, why do we do these things? Sei la.

If you look at the URL, yoiu'll see Calli, one of my favorites. very small, but a real sleeper, she can jump almost 6 feet into the air and rip a glove from my hand, it's all fun, she is also really loving. Niobi is a super cool dog, smart, friendly and loves to hug. The breeder has a great animal named Thor that I also love, plus Athena, Ajax, Hercules (who should make a great patrol dog), these are the ones taht I worked. A super cool animal is Cerce, small, high drive, built like a Sherman and very happy and loving. And many more, I can't resist any of them. THe URL also has the owners number, giver her a call!

One thing I've learned about the breed, is how loving they are. Extremely sensitive, their feelings get hurt and they'll sulk for an entire day. Orion was bitten by Hercules, and was depressed for a full day, Nyx was bitten on the ear by a stray Malamute x, and she wouldn't get out of bed until 4AM the next day (for a pillow fight and fresh ox tails). Of course, nobody bites Rasta. I'm in Natinal Forest and they do well, properly trained and socialized, they'd be fine in a resort also, just like kids

One note on the breed, they haven't been bred into health issues or brain dead fat dinner time tail waggers by AKC breeders yet. You'll see Tina has a lot of black on her, she looks like a GSD cross to a non Mal person. Point here being that there are color and coat variations, Nyx is rather long haired for a Mal.

Anther thing that I like about the breed, they're not large dogs (except Rasta who is a freak). Nyx comes in at 40 pounds and Jups at 60. Thye are ok in the trailer, Nyx pukes in the Suburban, Jups sleeps. If you have room and time, these are awesome animals for fun and companionship.

PM me if you'd like to hear more stories, my cell has no coverage here, but VzN does braodband, I'd be happy to send you pictures.

PS, the toothy picture of Jupitor is all show. He was playing with Nyx, but it makes a good photo. Unfortunately, I was trying out a new (used) mechanical rangefinder camera with a slow/hard to focus lens, so I missed a few shots for poor focus and exposure. Also a shot of Rasta and his ball "Do you remember that I promised to kill you last? I lied".

Great animals for a ranch, for an Airstream, companionship and play. Cops like them too.

BR-michael
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2008-02-06-041_edited-2.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	62829   Click image for larger version

Name:	jup-teeth.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	62830