Old 01-09-2008, 08:26 PM   #15

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
We will find out soon, he arrives in about an hour! I thought he would come over this weekend, but his foster mom has to be out of town this weekend, so she asked if we wanted him tonight or next week. Well, sooner the better...

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 08:36 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2003 22' International CCD
Kiln , Mississippi
Lucky Dog - he moves in with a familly that already has an Airstream.

clancy_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 08:36 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Steph - he looks so cute!!! I could dig up a 100 of our Taz who is 9 now and they could be twins!

Taz too was sort of a rescue - a Farm do on a radio fence system was hmm danced with by a neighbouring Golden Male - and before anything could be done - the deed was done and a very young Lab was pregnant. The puppies were registered with the pound - but the owner agreed to raise the pups - and find good homes if possible. I had heard about them from a friend - and coud not resist a Lunch time trip - 9 years ago I ended up with Black Gold for Lunch!!!

They are (especially mixes) great companions and have super temperaments.

All the best with your new fur baby - (by the pic he has a date with the nail clippers ) So Many People out there neglect their dogs nails - and with a little effort most are easy to clip.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:48 PM   #18
as hopeful

EXCELLENT choice in a dog rescue. Our two gurls are both rescues. My experience is that rescues are the very best - and while they can have 'baggage', purebreds can have 'issues'. Best wishes with the new addition.
Old 01-09-2008, 09:04 PM   #19
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
North Vancouver , British Columbia
Congrats and kudos for rescuing a pup in need. He's beautiful! My Samm is a rescue and fits our household wonderfully.
cameront120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 12:16 AM   #20

1968 17' Caravel
Ok, Chester thinks this is the greatest thing ever! If he dies tomorrow, this will still have been the best night of his life! Right now they're having a spat over the chewy toys in the front room, but Buddy is so submissive he even rolls over when the cats hiss at him, so I don't anticipate it being much of a scuffle.

Alki is not too sure about this. She's following me around like a shadow. I think he thinks she's a cat. The cats let him sniff them but then he didn't know what to do so he barked at them, which made them hiss, and now they're watching from high perches.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4397.JPG
Views:	67
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	52326   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4396.JPG
Views:	63
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	52327  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4392.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	52328   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4390.JPG
Views:	68
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	52329  

Old 01-10-2008, 12:27 AM   #21
Site Team

1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
Congratulation on the new addition. Looks like Buddy is going to fit right in. One thing I leaned from our Yellow Lab and Lab mix is: their favorite toy is the toy the other dog has...

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 10:53 AM   #22
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
Stephanie,

Great pictures. It's neat to see the two dogs playing. It does look like Chester and Buddy are going to be best playmates for a while.

It will be interesting to see how Alki handles this over the next couple of days. If she joins the fun that would be great.

Good for you guys. It is always so neat when someone rescues a pet and provides it with an exceptional home.

I just read yesterday that in the Crows Nest Pass (Coleman and Blairmore) on the southern border of BC and Alberta someone heard noises coming from a rest stop outhouse and when the RCMP were called they found a bunch of lab cross puppies had been dropped down the hole. Humane society was called and they disaseembled the outhouse and retrieved the little guys, got them cleaned up, and all were adopted within a couple of days. One of the RCMP officers even adopted one.

Barry
Old 01-10-2008, 12:15 PM   #23
Mel
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
1960 Caravel
Edmonds , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by safari57
a bunch of lab cross puppies had been dropped down the hole.
Grrrr...I believe there's a special place waiting for people who do this kind of thing.

Stephanie, those pictures are so much fun. Glad to hear it's working out. Alki will get everything figured out before too long.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:17 PM   #24
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
North Vancouver , British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by safari57
Stephanie,

Great pictures. It's neat to see the two dogs playing. It does look like Chester and Buddy are going to be best playmates for a while.

It will be interesting to see how Alki handles this over the next couple of days. If she joins the fun that would be great.

Good for you guys. It is always so neat when someone rescues a pet and provides it with an exceptional home.

I just read yesterday that in the Crows Nest Pass (Coleman and Blairmore) on the southern border of BC and Alberta someone heard noises coming from a rest stop outhouse and when the RCMP were called they found a bunch of lab cross puppies had been dropped down the hole. Humane society was called and they disaseembled the outhouse and retrieved the little guys, got them cleaned up, and all were adopted within a couple of days. One of the RCMP officers even adopted one.

Barry
Fortunately for those pups someone who cares came along. Hopefully fate comes down hard on whoever did that to those helpless animals.
cameront120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 12:28 PM   #25
Married to Soldiermedic

San Antonio , Texas
they look great together makes me wish paige had a friend....
Old 01-10-2008, 12:29 PM   #26
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Quote:
Originally Posted by cameront120
Fortunately for those pups someone who cares came along. Hopefully fate comes down hard on whoever did that to those helpless animals.

It is just awful what some humans will do...But it is true what goes around comes around....

a vision....that person when they least expect it - may have a crisis with lets see now - yes a Honey Wagon would be quite appropriate I would think. Since most laws are way way way too lenient or puts paper work and procedures ahead of a animals health and safety. Many times fate must prevail.
Old 01-10-2008, 03:27 PM   #27

1968 17' Caravel
It's horrible the stuff people will do to animals! I hope a Honey Wagon falls on them!

We've decided to change his name. In the last 6 weeks he has been called Jerome, Romeo, and Buddy, and so he doesn't know any of them. I thought it was the perfect opportunity to start over, so we're going to call him Jasper.

We're getting our first break around the house. He's quietly laying down chewing on a bone. We've been following him around trying to show him how to interact with Alki, the goats, and the cats. It's been a LONG day already! We've been in the yard and played, he's splashed around in the swale, chased tennis balls, barked at the goats, wrestled with Chester, snuck up on a cat and licked it onthe bottom, got smacked on the nose by same cat, got growled at by Chester because Chester's an old man and he's getting tired and cranky, and went for a long hike around the lake (which wore me out but didn't do much to slow him down)!

Wish me luck!

Old 01-10-2008, 03:36 PM   #28
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
Stephanie

You guys are some lucky people to have adopted such a character of a dog. Jasper is a great name for a dog. I hope we get a chance to meet at least some of the menagerie in person at some point.

Just think how thin you'll be if Jasper keeps this up (not that you need to be any thinner than you already are, of course), but you'll be thin as a rail and worried about strong gusts of wind making a Dorothy out of you.

There is nothing like the addition of a new pet and it's learning all about everything it sees, smells, or touches to make all the existing residents take another look and appreciate what they have.

Barry