Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Lifestyle > The Pet Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-05-2006, 04:02 PM   #1

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Our new kitties!

Almost no AS content here at all! Except that I might try taking the little monsters with us on a trip while they are little, get them used to it. They are only 9 weeks old now, so we have lots of time to get them used to doing weird things.

http://www.stephanies-mustang.com/betta/kittens.htm

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 04:13 PM   #2
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Smile Adorable!!

Oh they are so sweet and so full of mischief!! What a great addition to your family! Congratulations...

The fish room looks great!!

So sorry about your older cat. Its awful when a pet disappears like that.
Old 09-05-2006, 04:14 PM   #3
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefrobrts
Almost no AS content here at all! Except that I might try taking the little monsters with us on a trip while they are little, get them used to it. They are only 9 weeks old now, so we have lots of time to get them used to doing weird things.

http://www.stephanies-mustang.com/betta/kittens.htm
So you can put the cats in the same room as the Betas, and have Cat TV...
Old 09-05-2006, 04:18 PM   #4
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Sprung Leak , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63
So you can put the cats in the same room as the Betas, and have Cat TV...
ROFLAO...my cat, Ginger loves to watch the screen saver on the laptop...might have to put a fishy one on there just for her. I also like to warp her mind by putting on the surround sound stereo when there is a jungle/nature type show one. She can never quite figure out where the small animal noises are coming from

Aaron
WBCCI #XXXX AIR #2495
Why are we in this basket...and where are we going
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 06:18 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Stephanie, I enjoyed every shot. Thanks for sharing. Our last-summer's brother and sis kitties are "oldtimers" now in comparison. I miss their rollicking fun and chases while we were remodeling. They were into and on, swinging from, and over everything in every stage of construction. When they weren't interrupting the carpenters, they were harrassing the dogs. Now, they just sleep and eat. Enjoy while kittenhood lasts ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 06:39 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Cuties! Start 'em early ~ We had Lily wearing her "bra" (harness) and walking on a leash as soon as she was big enough that she didn't walk out of it. The small puppy (Chihuahua) version works great. She's been used to it, walking on a leash and driving in a our car/truck ever since. We don't typically put her in the pet carrier unless she is going to the vet where doggies and other kitties are bound to be present and everybody is uncomfortable. That way, going in the car/truck doesn't have bad vibes...just the carrier does.

Have fun with them...they grow up so quickly!

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 06:43 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Currently Looking...
New Orleans , Louisiana
What great shots.

OK,you have to enter them at Kittenwar. They will kick butt.

http://kittenwar.com/

Jim
1968 Globetrotter Sold
2011 F150 Ecoboost
Jim Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 07:37 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
Boy, do those two look like trouble just waiting to happen. You are going to have a lot of fun with them. We had one guy looked like Mighty, who the vet pawned off on us when one of our kitties passed away. They had named him Clyde and he was with us for 17 great years. We still have Cricket who is now 20 and Smokey Bear who is 11 and they are tremendous companions for us. We have always had two so they can entertain each other. It's amazing how quickly they grow up yet how long they play like kittens. Enjoy them.
Barry
safari57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 07:40 PM   #9
Rivet Master

1968 26' Overlander
Wenatchee WA , Cape Cod
Hey if Campcollector can travel with 2 cats, so can you. I think Bev Beach will be just the place to try them out. I know Gigi will love them.
1968 Overlander - WBCCI #5793
Uberlanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 08:38 PM   #10
3 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
Branford , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Clark
What great shots.

OK,you have to enter them at Kittenwar. They will kick butt.

http://kittenwar.com/

Jim
Kittenwar is tough! I had to give everyone "draws" . There's no such thing as a un-cute kitten..

Congrats, on your two babies, Steph, and sorry to hear about Lucy. We once had a kitty that we picked up as a 6 month old along the highway in AK who like Lucy needed to go outside (and we'd pay dearly if she didn't). We reluctantly allowed her out and then one day she didn't come back. Now we have another wonderful shelter cat, Calvin, who is very content to stay inside. Can't imagine what a fun kitten he must have been...
moogie32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 10:11 PM   #11
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1962 22' Safari
Yreka , California
Sooooooooooooooo cute!

Steph,

They are absolutely wonderful! Travel with them lots and they will keep your Caravel mouse free! We used to have a cat we traveled with, and he was great... our current cat is NOT a good traveler, he stays home with Grandma.

I loved the pictures. But then, kitties are even cuter than Airstreams. (I know, heretic....burn her at the stake!)

Hope to see them at Beverly Beach!

Claudia
aka Mrs. NorCal Bambi (traveling in S Tardis)
CaddyGrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 11:04 PM   #12

1968 17' Caravel
That kittenwars is adorable! Of course, all kittens are adorable, as we like to say 'that's what keeps you from killing them!'

They're great right now, and they aren't to that age yet where they can get up on things, and you spend all your time trying to keep them off the kitchen counters and away from the hot stove, and worry about them getting shut up in strange places. This 'toddler' stage is the best! Of course, our Lucy was 3 years old and she was still entertaining, so we're enjoying the kitten phase, but I'm sure the cat phase will be good too.

We're handling them a lot, rolling them over, carting them around, getting them used to lots of handling. Tonight I picked up Mighty because she was bugging Chester and set her on my lap, and she went right to sleep, stayed there through two episodes of Good Eats It would be great to have a lap cat, none of our previous cats have been. I hope these two grow up to like lots of attention.

James Thurber said
The only thing wrong with a kitten is that
It grows up to be a cat

Old 09-06-2006, 12:14 AM   #13
Argosy/Airstream since 79

1989 29' Excella
Newport , Oregon
Be sure to bring them to Beverly Beach!

Our two cats were there last year, and they'll be joining us again this year.

I like Shari's advice; both of our 'boys' wear their harnesses any time while they're traveling or outside the trailer at a campground.

We look forward to seeing you...now less than two months away!

jim & karen
WBCCI #4362
Member, Oregon Unit 090
Affiliate Member, Washington Unit 112
OreExcella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 06:56 AM   #14
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
Am currently raising 2 Siamese kittens of my own. They were rescued from one of my clients at 3 weeks due to the danger of them being killed by overhandling by lots of small children. They are now 7 weeks and typically Siamese. For those of you who have never raised a Siamese, this is a difficult breed of cat to live with for about the first year. Good luck with your babies. I will be finding homes for mine since they would give me 6 cats. No one needs 6 cats. I love them, but see headlines about the old lady and her cats in my future.
juel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 08:06 AM   #15

1968 17' Caravel
My aunt had 9 cats at one time! She worked at a big glass plant, and whenever someone found a stray they'd bring it to her, and she never turned them away. By the time she retired she had worked that down to only two. When she passed away I took her Bengal-mix and brought him home to live with us until I could find a new home for him. Talk about a difficult breed to live with! Bengals are nuts!

We finally shipped him (literally - on a plane) to Oklahoma to live with her best friend, where he is happily ruling her house to this day!

Old 09-16-2006, 09:51 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1962 22' Safari
Yreka , California
Time for more pictures!

Okay Steph!

Time to see more pictures of your oh so cute kitties! I bet they have grown!

Just to prod you along, here is a picture of our elusive cat! He spends most of his time upstairs with "Grandma"... she really spoils him! New blanket every so often, actually a new crocheted or quilted blanket! Just his size. Waits on him hand and foot. Turns on her electric blanket so he can sleep on her favorite bedspread and be toasty! No wonder he stays up there! This pic is when we took him on a trip. Hates that... we leave him home now.

Mrs. NorCal Bambi (aka Claudia)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Misc July 02.JPG
Views:	118
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	25984  
CaddyGrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 06:16 PM   #17
Rosie the Riveted

1975 27' Overlander
Balfour , BC
dogs at sea

Our two Labs, Woodrow and Clarabelle, had 8 puppies this Spring before we got our AS, so only mom and dad have been trailer travelling...however we did take mom, dad, and all 8 puppies for a weekend on our boat when the puppies were a week old. I have to confess it was pretty easy as they all fit in a laundry basket. They all belong now to local families and some are boating families, so we get to see most of them quite often when their families bring them by for a frolic on the beach with Woody and Clara.
Janice
Ken & Janice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 06:27 PM   #18
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
Pictures of my new adopted (rescued) Siamese kittens with a current older resident. The kittens have already spent time in the Argosy down at the lake. Now that they are older, I don't think I will be leaving them alone in my precious "Twink" until they have time to mature.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0004.JPG
Views:	132
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	26068   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0003.JPG
Views:	124
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	26069  

Name:	IMG_0005.JPG
Views:	121
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	26070  
juel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 07:24 PM   #19

1968 17' Caravel
Awwwwww, they're so adorable! My aunt's particular favorite was siamese, so I knew many of them growing up. They are such great cats!

Our kitties are doing fine, getting bigger. Can't keep them locked up in th e closet 'safehouse' at night anymore, so they are loose and terrorizing all of us instead. I must have gotten woke up every couple hours last night by one kitten or another biting my fingers, taking a shortcut across my pillow, or deciding to lay on my back! I'll be glad when they outgrow this phase!

Old 09-18-2006, 08:01 PM   #20
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Love Cats

Unfortunately I'm allergic. I finally had to give up cat ownership when the last of mine died. I'm able to tolerate them, but not full time. We've still always kept a cat at work - as our psychological counselor and visitor greeter. Our first cats were a family of feral cats, Mom a short haired calico, and her long haired kittens Bart, Lisa and Homer. They never became totally tame, but Mom stayed with us and visited daily for food for several years. She was hit by a car and is buried behind our office.

Miss Kitty, a tuxedo cat, was next. She walked in as a semi-starved half grown kitten and simply took over. She stayed with us for 9 years when she disappeared... she too was an outdoor cat, and would greet everyone in our complex, so we hope that she went home with someone who didn't realize she had a family, but there's also a far more realistic view that she was hit by a car on the busy roads around here. We are now hosts to Jasmine - a calico whose nickname is "spazzy cat" and who is just plain nuts!

Your two orange tabbies have patterns called "bullseye" and "mackeral". The bullseye tabby pattern has the large circle, the mackeral tabby has very fine stripes, additionally there is a "rosetted" or spotted cat (Egyptian Maus & Bengals are examples) that is a variation on the tabby. All are thought to be genetic variations an undifferentiated multi-color called "agouti" that is typified by hair that has 5 colors along a single shaft. Abbysinians have an agouti coat.

So now you have way TMI about your adorable kittens. Enjoy them and keep them in for many many years. BTW, females tend to grow up to be less social than males, but there are exceptions and close contact as kittens will make for a more people oriented cat.

Paula Ford
Foiled Again is offline   Reply With Quote