Old 07-25-2008, 07:42 PM   #29
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
massage frum zofie

hear iz a picher uf mee bow wowsing the forumz. Woof!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sophie 001.JPG
Views:	71
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	64482  

Old 07-29-2008, 02:45 PM   #30
Rivet Master

1960 24' Tradewind
1956 30' Sovereign of the Road
1963 16' Bambi
Southeastern Area , Tennessee
She looks SOOOO intelligent there. Like she really reads and understands. But it must be hard for those delicate little dog paws to span the keyboard.

• • • Aluminocentricity • • •
Sugarfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 02:57 PM   #31
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarfoot View Post
She looks SOOOO intelligent there. Like she really reads and understands. But it must be hard for those delicate little dog paws to span the keyboard.
That's why I am typing, I have to translate and type while she dictates...
She has been nominated for Employee of the Month for July, for her part in the saving of the patient. If she becomes Employee of the Month, she will receive a certificate, and a $100 gift certificate to PetSmart.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:28 PM   #32
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Sophie

Sophie just makes me laugh to look at her, but her "Lassie" story with the choking patient shows a whole new dimention to her character.

Impressive.

Congrats to the "employee of the month". Talk about earning your kibble!

Paula
Old 11-09-2008, 11:44 PM   #33
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
It's been several months, and several thousand miles, since I did an actual update on Sophie. She traveled well to California with us, riding almost exclusively with Marie in the van. She has almost everybody at Inland wrapped around her paw, and has Inland Andy trained to give her snacks periodically throughout the day. She has free reign to go pretty much anywhere in the office, stock room, or shop she wishes, though most of the time she stays in the office. She has taken over Andy's couch in the office, and hijacked all of Corky's (Andy's Schnauzer) doggy toys. She has both the UPS delivery guy and the Mailman trained to give her snacks as well. We have cut her daily ration of dog food down to compensate for her increased dog cookie intake. I don't want to have a "housedog", that is, part house, part dog.
She was a hit with Rich Luhr when he was here over the weekend, and he snapped a photo of her inspecting his trailer in the shop. It's good to have her doing the QC inspections...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	airstream-at-inlandrv.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	220.2 KB
ID:	71155  
Old 11-10-2008, 07:31 AM   #34
Rivet Master

1954 25' Cruiser
Kyle , The Republic of Texas
Terry & Marie - Your wonderful Sophie sounds like "just the ticket" needed in your lives. And Sophie's actions to save the life of the lady choaking on food doesn't surprise me one bit. Some dogs just seem to sense the need for action and work to get that life saving action. Our Border Collie, Buddy, (a rescue dog) had included one of our quarter horses in his "family" or "herd", and absolutely LOVED to romp all over the pasture with the galloping horse. Well, one evening we were having dinner when we heard Buddy barking as he'd NEVER EVER done before. I rushed out to the barn to find Buddy's horse down - his halter caught on a piece of the barn (that I thought was WAY out of reach) and the horse's neck was stretched seemingly to the breaking point. I cut the halter off, but the spinal damage was already done. Despite virtually around the clock care & attention from our vet and us, he died four days later and is buried here on the place. Buddy visited the grave for quite a while, but now has other responsibilities - My life partner Judi is facing a failing liver, has become very frail and is becoming weaker as we wait on a transplant. Well, Buddy won't let Judi out of his sight, never. He follows her all over the house, cries when she closes the bathroom door, travels the 120 miles round trip to see all the doctors and now sleeps with us. I know that if Judi was to fall or need help, Buddy would alert me or come "get" me. I can't tell you how much he means to us, the joy he freely gives and my tears of appreciation. We've never tried to teach him field trial tricks - this care he showers on Judi is COMPLETELY his own doing. You can't tell me pets don't make our lives immeasureably richer.

Sorry about the hijack. Sophie's sweet story just really, really moved me, I guess caught me at a weak moment.
Jim
Old 11-10-2008, 07:53 AM   #35
Site Team

1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
We were fortunate enough to meet Terry and his family this year when our paths crossed in Flagstaff, AZ. Sophie sure is a cutie.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1778.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	452.4 KB
ID:	71157  

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 08:59 AM   #36
Rivet Master

1960 24' Tradewind
1956 30' Sovereign of the Road
1963 16' Bambi
Southeastern Area , Tennessee
Sophie is my kind of dog. I had no doubt she would stake her claim a Inland. She knows how to work it! You go girl . . .

• • • Aluminocentricity • • •
Sugarfoot is offline   Reply With Quote