Old 04-17-2008, 06:57 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
North Vancouver , British Columbia
Sophie sounds like an awesome pup! I'm glad she's found a home with you.

cameront120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 07:31 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Thank you,

Sophie is an awsome dog. She has everyone in the ALF wrapped around her little paw. now the family members are bringing in rawhide bones for her.
One of my residents cannot remember Sophie is a dog, and asks where the cat is, then if he is trying to leave, I remind him he was going to brush Sophie, he does and the trying to leave cycle is broken.

The residents always remember her name, then ask them what they had for breakfast, they look at you and say "breakfast?".

Occaisionaly I will catch one slipping her a morsel, and will remind them they cannot feed her and I'll get a sheepish grin from the culprit.

I have to make sure I take her out to the assisted living section of the building, or they come ring the doorbell of my locked unit to ask if they can walk, pet, whatever they can think of to see Sophie.

Well, have a great weekend.

Marie

Old 04-19-2008, 07:33 AM   #17
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Good morning,

When we go to St Augustine the 31 of Maqy, the link provided is where Sophie will ber spending the day. I wonder how she will look in a pink bikini?
Pet Paradise Virtual Tour: Dog And Cat Boarding And Day Care - Jacksonville, Ormond Beach, Palm Coast, St. Augustine, Florida and New Orleans, Louisianna Dog Sites
Old 04-19-2008, 07:44 AM   #18
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
I needed to go outside to take a picture this morning, and had to snap this photo:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	001.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	58601  
Old 05-08-2008, 05:54 PM   #19
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
A new name badge has been ordered for Sophie, with her name and position with the health care facility. Marie is still waiting on hers, so I guess we all know where we stand in the grand scheme of things...
Sophie is still meeting new canine (and human) friends here in the RV park, and it takes about 20 minutes to get to Marie's office in the morning, and another 20 or so at the end of the day to get out of the building. Sophie is starting a stuffed animal collection at work, pretty soon they will need a bigger office for them. All the family members bring in stuffed animals, snacks, chew bones, and other goodies for her. She is amassing quite the collection of junque at work.
Old 05-08-2008, 06:26 PM   #20
Rivet Master

1960 24' Tradewind
1956 30' Sovereign of the Road
1963 16' Bambi
Southeastern Area , Tennessee
Terry and Marie, she is too cute to be legal.

I'm glad she found you, or you found her . . . at any rate, you found each other.

Aluminocentricity
Sugarfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 08:51 PM   #21
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
As we approach the two month mark of life with Sophie, I thought I'd share more things I have noticed.
She is a lot bigger than Cookie, and takes up a proportionately larger portion of the bed when she occupies it.
She is very even tempered, but she does not hesitate to let you know when she thinks something isn't the way she thinks it should be. A resident tried to escape from Marie's work, and Sophie went tearing down the hall after them, barking like crazy. The resident was stopped, and returned to their room swiftly thanks to Sophie's attentativeness. She also lets us know when it is time to get up, take her out, feed her dinner, go home for the day, go to work, etc. Who needs an alarm clock?
We have been feeding her all natural, high-fiber dry dog food to supplement her moist food (some of that looks and smells better than what I eat for lunch). The problem with that is the problem a human would have with a high fiber diet. Do they make Bean-o for dogs?
Old 05-27-2008, 06:29 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1960 24' Tradewind
1956 30' Sovereign of the Road
1963 16' Bambi
Southeastern Area , Tennessee
YES! They do . . .

and and

I've never tried it on Lulu, but there have been times I wished I had some for her.

Aluminocentricity
Sugarfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 07:55 PM   #23
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Dacia,
Thanks! Driving home with her in the car can be an adventure at times. Thank heavens the windows open!!

I'm going back to her other food. It was healthy, but I thought healthier was better. Not!

She is doing great at work, the Residents love her and she has learned whose chair she can share, and who says no. If some one tries to breakout of the door, she hears the alarm and takes off to rescue them.

At night when I'm getting ready to leave, she will bark to try to hurry me up and the residents will start laughing and egging her on.

One little lady fusses at me if I tell Sophie no about anything, and says she is beautiful, quit scolding her!!

They also found out Sophie likes carrotts, so they have trying to give her thiers. We found out tonight she does not like bananas.

Marie
Old 05-30-2008, 07:33 AM   #24
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Good Morning,

You know, it's fun taking Sophie to Pet Smart for the vet or grooming. They can never find her, or tell me they are keeping her, or saying "what Sophie".

Yesterday I took her to the groomer for pre-trip detailing, and of course they had fit over her. The young lady at the reception desk looked over at her, and nearly jumped over the desk to get to her. Knew I was in trouble from the git-go! The groomer picked her up and started rocking and cuddling her!

I dropped her off at 10:30 and at 3:30 I went back to see if she was finished yet, and they told me she had been done for a couple of hours, but they weren't ready to let her go yet!

When we started to leave the store, I was looking at a display when it suddenly started shaking, I looked down and Sophie was trying to get a patriotic weiner dog off the rack, so I reached down and loosened it for her, she snatched it up and started pulling me towards the door. Dogs a shop lifter!

I got her to the checkout, and she still had it in her mouth and would not let it go for the clerk to scan it. Another employee went and got another one to scan. While all of this is going on, many of the customers were trying to pet her and asking what breed she is. Sophie held on to the dog through all of this and her whole body, not just her tail was wagging. After I paid for it, she walked out of the door with it still in her mouth. She carried it all the way home and put it in her bed, where she keeps all of her treasures.

When Terry got home, she ran to her bed/toy box, got the weiner dog and took it to him to show him. He played with her, petted her, and told her how great she looked.

I looked at him, laughing, and said, I got my hair cut too. He patted me on the head.

Marie
Old 06-16-2008, 07:57 PM   #25
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Well,

I know where I rate at work and that is way behind Sophie! I recieved a promotion and am now the wellness director for the entire facility. When I asked the residents and staff in the Harbour if they still wanted Sophie to come, I recieved a resounding yes, and oh yes, I could visit if I wanted to!

This morning when I dropped her off in the Harbour the residents and staff made a big deal over her being there, and I just stood there. Finally I said, okay I'm leaving now, and was told ok. I left.

Marie
Old 07-24-2008, 06:31 PM   #26
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Sophie the hero

Hi,

I got a stat page to the Alzheimers unit tonight to discover a caregiver crying and another one shaking and crying. It seems one of the residents had choked, not once, but twice, and they had performed the heimlich maneuver, and saved her. After we got them settled and the rest of the residents settled down, One of the caregivers, Angie, said she had been in the kitchen getting dinner ready to serve when Sophie came running in, grabbed her pants leg and tried to drag her out of the kitchen.
'
She turned around to fuss at the insistant Sophie when she noticed the resident choking and ran to rescue her. Sophie ran with her, and sat by the resident until she was ok.

Angie could not stop hugging Sophie because she felt Sophie had played a big part in saving the resident. The paramedics made a big fuss over her too, and all of the residents told me to give her steak and ice cream for dinner!

Angie, Sophie and the other caregivers will be honored for their fast thinking and action.

I love my dog!

Marie
Old 07-24-2008, 06:34 PM   #27
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
Hi Marie,

Sophie gets my vote for Greatest American Dog. No silly tricks needed. Congrats on the promotion, too.
Old 07-24-2008, 06:56 PM   #28
E Pluribus Aluminus

2008 34' Classic S/O
1967 22' Safari
2005 30' Classic
Rockport , Texas
Send a message via AIM to Jaxon Send a message via Yahoo to Jaxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63 View Post
We have been feeding her all natural, high-fiber dry dog food to supplement her moist food (some of that looks and smells better than what I eat for lunch). The problem with that is the problem a human would have with a high fiber diet. Do they make Bean-o for dogs?
Ahh yeesss... Ms. Fartsalsot... Our friend Catahoula Charlie, sometimes would have this thing where he could clear a room... Lamb & rice dog food is what he eats now... higher protien food would clear the house (not to mention an Airstream!).

What we've added to his diet that has completely solved this issue is a couple of tablespoons of goat yogurt or canned pumpkin (no spices like with pie mix). The yogurt &/or pumpkin works like a charm and he loves it. A real treat. Give it separately or mix it with their food (ours is dry dog food). I've heard that "wet" dog food sometimes can add to this problem but I'm not an expert on this...

Never had a dog that had this, uh... particular issue. Nevertheless, this works and it's an "all natural" addition to his food.

Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote