Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Lifestyle > The Pet Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-24-2017, 10:49 AM   #61
Rivet Master

2019 27' International
2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Boulder City , Nevada
OK... this is my final post on the thread, until my eyes dry out and my vision clears...

I feel for everyone who has lost their furry family member. It makes me think about our previous Blue Heelers we camped with, swam with, traveled with and nursed back to health. It is a connection that few people will ever become to anyone or any thing.

We lost two Blue Heelers over the last 23 years. Both we took to the vet and sat on the floor while they took their last breath. Your heart is broken. You remember all of the good days from pup to a senior aged family member. We would carry our beloved family member out the front exit crying without embarrassment. It was losing a great friend.

One is buried at a special place in our back yard on the edge of the Rocky Mountain Front Range in Colorado. Wrapped in her favorite 'binky' and the bone she would test her teeth.

Seven years ago we lost our second Blue Heeler. Again, under a covering of petrified wood and agates we collected over the years together. Wrapped in the 'binky' and chew bone that always traveled with us. Dingo... is the brother of 'old' Blue. He missed his brother.

This is where seven years ago we found Blue, a female, who runs the roost. When it is Dingo's time, we have the place already spotted at our winter home in Boulder City, Nevada. We are so thrilled that it was not needed with Dingo's severe injury and slow but dramatic recovery. When it is Dingo's time, no matter where... he will be buried where we all enjoyed to camp, or at home. Blue will miss Dingo, as we will... but that special Blue Heeler pup with those bright eyes will... be getting a good home and missing Dingo's company.

Never have our Heelers turned on us or considered us anything but strange dogs. Our camping trips will be hollow without our true friends... our dogs. They love you for who you are.