Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Lifestyle > The Pet Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-27-2017, 06:51 AM   #61
Rivet Master

1999 30' Excella 1000
small town , Maryland
This pollen is year round. Some of the nicest people I've met had 4 legs. Pets can make a cold empty house a warm home. So humbling to see so many people open their doors, and give a animal a second chance. Definitely who saved who on rescues. Love the dog tease video.
streaminwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 06:57 AM   #62
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Thumbs up

>>>>>>>

"Rainbow"....rescue "Aussie"

Bob
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_1332.jpeg
Views:	112
Size:	140.6 KB
ID:	297790  
Old 10-27-2017, 10:20 AM   #63
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
How did I miss this thread?

Daisy rescued me 5 years ago.

Here she is doing what she loves in the trailer with her buddy Lammy:

Name:	IMG_2809.JPG
Views:	104
Size:	372.0 KB
ID:	297799

And at home...

Name:	IMG_2747.JPG
Views:	108
Size:	142.9 KB
ID:	297800

And 5 years ago when I first met her. Like I would ever say no at that point!

Name:	IMG_0020.JPG
Views:	108
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	297801

Sorry to read of everyone's loss - such a testament to the love these sweet creatures bring to our lives.

And post #40 just had me in tears....the unconditional faithful love....the honor....so moving....
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 11:16 AM   #64
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
When people love on Lily, and ask me if she is a “rescue”, I respond that, no, she is a “foundling”...found at Chico State Park in Louisiana, in October 2010.

8-9 months old, and had been on her own there for several days before we arrived and took her in for care for the 3 nights we were there.

When no one was looking for her and Parish police had no knowledge of a lost dog, she went with us as we left, and has been the dearest, most loving companion imaginable.

I simply do not know what I would have done without her after my husband died. If I hadn’t already had her, I would have had to find her.

This is my sweet baby, sharing an early morning with me in the Interstate this past February...I, drinking my coffee with the bed still out, she waking up slowly.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	13B5CC4E-548A-461E-8DC1-7F5192A42FBA.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	277.4 KB
ID:	297805  
Old 10-27-2017, 11:23 AM   #65
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
And this is Lenny, my childless daughter and son-in-law’s adoptee earlier this year, in upper New York State.

A dear, sweet, dog, with a ton of personality, he has filled a void there that they didn’t realize they had.

There is a nurturing give-and-take with dogs that you simply don’t get with a cat.

He’s about 75lbs, now, at 8 months, and I think will be over 100lbs by the time he is grown.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	3533F907-6B8F-4ECF-A5D8-4A58E61167A3.jpeg
Views:	125
Size:	267.2 KB
ID:	297806  
Old 10-27-2017, 11:29 AM   #66
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
Just love the undignified sprawl of a dog that is feeling safe, secure, and happily asleep...

Our 4 "brothers from different mothers" do that all the time, or cuddle close when it's a bit cold outside. Such contentment makes the world a nicer place.

Never have figured out the answer to, "Who rescued who?"
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 11:29 AM   #67
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
And, if you’ve never shared a real bond with a dog, you simply don’t understand...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	07468B4F-6087-4E1F-BEDB-6C3467777F6A.jpeg
Views:	95
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	297807  
Old 10-28-2017, 06:28 AM   #68
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Jacksonville , Florida
Rescue is the way to go!!!! We've always had rescues. We just lost our 17 yr old doggie, and are looking for another fur baby, we are so sad for her loss. Saving another is the only way ...... and they will definitely save us
Old 10-28-2017, 06:46 AM   #69
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
So sorry for your loss.

As Lily starts to grey a bit, and I am aware that she is aging, I can’t bear the thought of losing her but already feel I will take in another.

Maggie
Old 10-28-2017, 06:56 AM   #70
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Jacksonville , Florida
I rescued a Human today...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwf View Post
I like 'muts'.. like me... We have had some good "AKA" recognized breeds, rarely.

Our current 2 are 'rescues'... a 'red' dog belongs to our son... dog almost like a Ridgeback.. but smaller and about 28 pounds. My wife's dog, we think is a Bichon Frise...

I have held several and each I held as they left this world... as we had to 'put them down'. My wife was the 'brave' one and stayed home as several pups and two cats and I took the last rides together.

At first, there is no hope....then we begin to realize those gone before ARE in a better place and I must have courage to let go of their spirits...after our own time of mourning... then continue on my own path and maybe find another soul who wants to share some of my life... and I realized I am BLESSED again... and in fact, always am... blessed. Be blessed..

Beautiful, we are just looking for that other soul who wants to share our life [emoji17][emoji22]
Old 10-28-2017, 08:13 AM   #71
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' Classic FB
Richfield/SLC , Utah
I rescued a Human today...

Folks... touching thread, quite a bit different than most on the forum. We’re on the front-end of our life journey with a ‘rescue’ dog although I was taken aback by the term when first used on Luna, a lab/retriever mix we adopted from the Utah Humane Society last month for my daughter. She is too great of a being to need to be rescued by us, and as someone close to us said: “it was just meant to be.”

We’ve never owned a dog before, just cats (we still have 13-year old Callie.) This summer after my daughter had both of her very best friends move away, leaving her bored and a bit sad, I offered to finally get the dog she had asked for many times before. The counter argument had always been the cat and letting her live out her remaining years first.

I’m glad we got Luna, and the cat is resilient and adjusting (mostly avoiding) just fine. The dog was a good remedy for the daughter’s simultaneous loss of both her best friend at school and her best friend in the neighborhood.

Who ‘rescued’ who? Well, we needed Luna and she needed a good home - win/win. She’ll be a good camping companion and gives Mom/Dad a reason to get out and walk/jog, more exercise being a fringe benefit of having a dog. She won our hearts from the moment we met her in September (photo below from the shelter.)

Regards - Ron

Name:   IMG_1801.JPG
Views: 327
Size:  107.9 KB

Name:   IMG_0574.JPG
Views: 296
Size:  94.7 KB
Utah Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 08:35 AM   #72
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
The thing about dogs...they are so..very..unconditional..always.

They never have a bad day, when it comes to their love for you...they read you better than any human, and are always, always a soft place to emotionally land.

After Doug was stricken, in front of Lily, and then died, she insisted on sleeping next to me in our antique double bed at home...that she had never been allowed to share, because there simply wasn’t room.

I would put her down, then wake up in the night to find her there. She would have no part of not being at my side, all the time.

I fully believe she was not only trying to comfort me, but was traumatized by the loss of her beloved co-owner and trying to protect me from whatever had taken him.

And having her there, by my side, was and still is an irreplaceable emotional comfort. It helped me thru, and still helps me 3 1/2 years later.

Something of a four-legged security blanket.

They do their very best to care for you, protect you, and show their love...there is simply nothing comparable.

Maggie
Old 01-30-2018, 05:40 AM   #73
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
On domesticated dogs

And aren’t we so very glad they have become our beloved, loyal companions.

https://www.npr.org/2018/01/30/58080..._campaign=news

Maggie
Old 01-30-2018, 07:04 AM   #74
Rivet Master

1967 17' Caravel
Oak Creek , Colorado
I love my rescue dog more than anything or anyone on planet earth.
She is my greatest joy.
Dingo Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 07:30 AM   #75
NO HUMBLE OPINION

1968 20' Globetrotter
ANN ARBOR , THE GREAT LAKES
"If dogs don't go to heaven,

when I die, I want to go wherever they went."

-- Will Rogers

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	rudy.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	303359  
ALUMINUMINUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 03:47 PM   #76
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' Classic FB
Richfield/SLC , Utah
Luna Amarillo just got a new cozy 2Pet portable dog crate for sleeping under the table in the AS. This is foldable and more practical than the bulky plastic kennel that sort of overwhelms the trailer (though I do think the addition of Luna to the family is a good reason to upsize to a 30’ Classic someday soon.) She won’t spend time in there other than a safe spot to sleep (fleece cushioned) under the table at night.

What a great dog and welcome addition to this camping family! Looking forward to the end of winter, hopefully soon.

Regards - Ron

Name:	IMG_1904.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	314.1 KB
ID:	304424
Old 02-17-2018, 04:08 PM   #77
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
She has a very sweet face.

Maggie
Old 02-17-2018, 04:49 PM   #78
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' Classic FB
Richfield/SLC , Utah
Thanks, Maggie - she is simply a great dog... people lover, playful, energetic, athletic, trainable (hoping she can someday learn to fetch the morning paper), good with other dogs, and mostly well behaved - although a bit of a chewer (toys get destroyed.) She’s not much of a barker and I have no complaints other than the one time she stole a rotisserie chicken off the counter and devoured it entirely. She was fine but we did get a lesson out of it, along with a $350 vet bill...

Hope all is well for you now, as I do occasionally read you posts. My Airforums enthusiasm wanes during the winter months, so I’m pretty erratic at checking in.

Regards - Ron