Old 12-14-2008, 08:33 AM   #15
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Today was the first time I had seen this thread, and I can relate all too well what Jack and pops must have gone through. Few days go by I don't think of my pooch who was in a somewhat similar situation to Jack.

I've been through my fair share of difficulty in life and I have to say that putting Penny down was and still is in fact that hardest thing I have ever had to do.

Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 10:30 AM   #16
Rivet Master

2016 20' Flying Cloud
Centennial , Colorado
God Bless Jack and may he rest in peace....

Old 12-15-2008, 09:19 AM   #17
Rivet Master

1984 28' Funeral Coach
Belleview , Florida
Thanks for posting what all of Jack's friends already knew. Jack's owner sent everyone an email reporting his passing on Friday. I know all who knew Jack are missing him but are better for having met him.

Now here's the rest of the story....

On Monday Jack had yet another kemo treatment. He was as usual a little listless after treatment. On Wednesday his owner had a TIA and was taken to the hospital.

I'm certain that Jack must have known something was up with the boss and in part this may have led to his condition worsening.

The bottom line is that Jack is not suffering anymore. He's at peace.

Thanks to all who responded and to all who spread the word about "Help Save Jack." Jack's owner is not a wealthy man, but he's got a heart as big as you've ever seen. I know he's going to be a mess for a bit but my heart goes out to him, and to everyone who was touched by the effort to save a great friend.

Remember this does not have to end here. Each year Julie and I traffic in stray dogs and this year was no exception. We took no less than four dogs to our local SPCA no kill shelter. Each time we drop off another candidate for a better life than life on the street we give them a little help. And then every Christmas we give them another $100 in the name of my parents. This is the type of Christmas present that makes the difference in the lives of people who don't really need a gift and can better appreciate that the donation to this cause will help to maintain the services of the SPCA.

Check out your local operation and you may be surprised at the level of care and concern those involved have. They only put down those animals who are beyond help. They spay/neuter all exiting animals who are adopted so the problems of unwanted pets is diminished too.

You can make a difference for very little money. Get involved!
Glen Coombe AIR #8416
1984 28' Funeral Coach
Former Rolling Showroom & PuttLab (now party bus)
"I'm not an expert. But I did sleep in an Airstream last night."
GlenCoombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 09:37 AM   #18
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenCoombe View Post

Remember this does not have to end here. Each year Julie and I traffic in stray dogs and this year was no exception. We took no less than four dogs to our local SPCA no kill shelter. Each time we drop off another candidate for a better life than life on the street we give them a little help. And then every Christmas we give them another $100 in the name of my parents. This is the type of Christmas present that makes the difference in the lives of people who don't really need a gift and can better appreciate that the donation to this cause will help to maintain the services of the SPCA.

Check out your local operation and you may be surprised at the level of care and concern those involved have. They only put down those animals who are beyond help. They spay/neuter all exiting animals who are adopted so the problems of unwanted pets is diminished too.

You can make a difference for very little money. Get involved!
Our local animal shelter has a huge amount of stray cats housed, and they have a constant need for kitty litter. Every few weeks, Marie and I pick up a hundred pounds of kitty litter (also known as Oil Dri) at our local Napa. For about $25, we can keep the cats in litter for the better part of a month. It really is the little things that can help.
All you have to do is call your local shelter, they will be happy to tell you what they are most in need of.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:09 AM   #19
Rivet Master

2005 28' International CCD
Ottawa , Ontario
omg. I'm sitting here at work, dangerously close to blubbering over. I had missed this thread before - but when I read it all, went to the website and read that poor Jack's fight was over - well, the tears almost started flowing.

I do hope that his owner is OK...
Old 12-19-2008, 10:32 AM   #20
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
Elyria , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to silverhawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63 View Post
Our local animal shelter has a huge amount of stray cats housed, and they have a constant need for kitty litter. Every few weeks, Marie and I pick up a hundred pounds of kitty litter (also known as Oil Dri) at our local Napa. For about $25, we can keep the cats in litter for the better part of a month. It really is the little things that can help.
All you have to do is call your local shelter, they will be happy to tell you what they are most in need of.
Being a bit of a cat lover myself, I found out long ago that the local Sam's Club sells Oil Dri in 40# bags for roughly $5 each with tax. So for that $25 you could buy 200# there.
I too feel sad that Jack lost his battle for life. May his person find comfort knowing Jack does'nt suffer any longer. I hope that one of those shelter animals finds a new home with him.
Bob