Old 12-26-2005, 09:34 PM   #15

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
There have to be Airstreams in heaven! Where else would the dogs stay while they're waiting for us?

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 09:47 PM   #16
Round on both ends

1979 31' Excella 500
1975 28' Argosy 28
Rutledge , Georgia
Kent, this may be too personal, but if you don't mind, do you think we'll be reunited with our pets in another life or after-life? I like to think so.

Lamar

2003 Dodge 2500 Cummins "TowHog"
"Lucy Loosehair" the cat - Airstream mascot
Klaatu barada nikto
SafeHarbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 06:08 AM   #17
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Sprung Leak , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeHarbor
Kent, this may be too personal, but if you don't mind, do you think we'll be reunited with our pets in another life or after-life? I like to think so.

Lamar
Lamar,
No doubt in my mind! Kent our feelings and prayers are with you and Spot.

Aaron
WBCCI #XXXX AIR #2495
Why are we in this basket...and where are we going
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 07:55 AM   #18
3 Rivet Member

canton , tx
My heart aches for you Chaplain Kent and all others facing the loss of a pet. The thought of losing our 4 rescued travelling companions is hardlly bearable. joe
Old 12-27-2005, 11:08 AM   #19
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeHarbor

Lamar
I sure hope so....and hopefully family and friends as well!
Old 12-27-2005, 12:36 PM   #20
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
Roseville , California
Send a message via AIM to warbler5
Our 13-year-old yellow lab, Lazer, is also not going to be with us much longer. He has no diagnosed illness, but he has slowed down a lot in the past year and his eyes have become cloudy, indicating cataracts. His nose and ears still work great where food is concerned, though .

Just be sure to spoil him rotten while he is still here! You and the others here whose old friends are soon to pass will be in my thoughts.

Jackson Rancheria, 10-12 Oct 2014
Pinnacles Nat'l Park, 20-22 Feb 2015
Casini Ranch, 10-12 Apr 2015

AIR #6287
TAC #CA-26
WBCCI #3933/4CU
Old 12-27-2005, 12:43 PM   #21
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Albuquerque , New Mexico
An old man and his dog were walking down this dirt road with fences on both sides, they came to a gate in the fence and looked in, it was nice - grassy,woody areas, just what a 'huntin' dog and man would like, but, it had a sign saying 'no trespassing' sothey walked on. They came to a beautiful gate with a person in white robes standing there. Welcome to Heaven;he said. The old man was happy and started in with his dog following him.The gatekeeper stopped him. Dogs aren't allowed, I'm sorry but he can't come with you. Whatkind of Heaven won't allow dogs? If He can't come in,then I will stay out with him. He's been my faithful companion all his life, I can't desert him now. Suit yourself, but I have to warn you,the Devil's on this road and he'll try to sweet talk you into his area, he'll promise you anything, but the dog can'tgo there either. If you won't leave the dog, you'll spend Eternity on this road. So the old man and dog went on. They came to a rundown fence with a gap in it, no gate,just a hole. Another old man was inside. Scuse me Sir, my dog and I are getting mighty tired, mind if we come in and sit in the shade for awhile? Of course, there's some cold water under that tree over there. Make yourselves comfortable. You're sure my dog can come in? The man down the road said dogs weren't allowed anywhere. Would you come in if you had to leave the dog? No sir, that's why I didn't go to Heaven, he said the dog couldn't come in. We'll be spendingEternity on this road, and a glass of cold water and some shade would be mighty fine right about now. But, I won't come in if my buddy here can't come too,and that's final. The man smiled a big smile and said, Welcome to Heaven. You mean this is Heaven? Dogs ARE allowed? How come that fellow down the road said they weren't?That was theDevil and he gets all the people who are willing to give up a lifelong companion for a comfortable place to stay. They soon find out their mistake, but, then it's too late.The dogs come here, the fickle people stay there. GOD wouldn't allow dogs to be banned from Heaven. After all,HE created them to be man's companions in life, why would heseparate them in death? Author Earl Hamner The Twilight Zone
Old 12-27-2005, 12:51 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Albuquerque , New Mexico
You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us.Robert Louis StevensonXIf I have any beliefs about immortality,it is that certain dogs I have known will go to heaven,and very, very few persons.James Thurber If there are no dogs in Heaven,then when I die I want to gowhere they went. Will Rogers, 1897-1935
Old 12-27-2005, 02:08 PM   #23
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by klevan
You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us.Robert Louis StevensonXIf I have any beliefs about immortality,it is that certain dogs I have known will go to heaven,and very, very few persons.James Thurber If there are no dogs in Heaven,then when I die I want to gowhere they went. Will Rogers, 1897-1935
Just a little correction.
Will Rogers year of birth was 1879 in Oklahoma.
He was a fine man. He loved dogs.
Old 12-27-2005, 02:23 PM   #24
Rivet Master

1974 27' Overlander
1954 26' Romany Cruiser
1960 26' Overlander
Rockingham County , New Hampshire
Send a message via AIM to balrgn Send a message via Yahoo to balrgn
We too will be saddened by your loss.
'60 Overlander (Hoagy)
2007 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Duramax
WBCCI 1754 - AIR # 6281
www.balrgn.com
balrgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 03:03 PM   #25
1 Rivet Member

1965 17' Caravel
West Covina , California
My deepest condolences for each of you who have lost a special friend. And my sincere congratulations that you had someone who was devoted to that loving relationship that you shared. Having gone through the loss doesn't make it any easier to go through it again when another pet reaches that point in life.

As I was reading each of the replies that were, in essence, tributes to each of your pets, tears ran down my face. At least, until I got to the last one. Who says my airstream won't be there???? Wait just a darn minute! I'll bet you don't believe in Santa Clause, either?? I guess we'll just have to agreeto disagree and wait to see who's right...

Thank you for the reminder how special the unqualified love given by our pets is. I plan on going home tonight and giving each of my pets an extra hug (and a biscuit), just because. I'm also going to pat my airstream, just because.

Laurie

Elbow grease is the best lubricant for success.
Laurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 03:26 PM   #26
3 Rivet Member

Crestview , Florida
Like Laurie above, tears have been flowing reading these poss. I truly like the "old road" story. So true!

We have a greyhound who is getting up in his years. He's the best dog I've ever had-and a comical one at that. He's starting to show his age, and it breaks my heart. But I know that we provide him with a loving home, and I know he's a happy boy. But still, it's hard to see them suffer. My heart goes out to you!
Old 12-27-2005, 06:23 PM   #27
Rivet Master

1972 27' Overlander
Longmont , Colorado
billy-bob gone today

Our cat died today, was our loving companion the last 8 years or so. Got him as a sickly stray, nourished and loved him back to health, but suddenly his apparently congenital kidney disease took him from us. Will bury him in the morning in the yard, where he liked it as long as we were near. Cherish your pets while you have them, I'm going to miss billy-bob.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:30 PM   #28
LEV ZEPPELIN

2004 19' International CCD
Chicago , Illinois
tphan.

sorry for your loss.
And to everyone else may, everything resolve to a peaceful and happy place.

I have always had pets starting really young: parakeets, turtles, pirahna fish, rabbits, dogs, cockatiels, and now a handful of cats from the shelter.

My father who died last May had a real love for our standard poodle, Ringo. Ringo was the smartest dog in the whole world, and there were moments when Ringo was sure to go to college, and I would stay home and retrieve the paper at the end of the driveway, and then deposit the saliva soaked roll at the feet of my master.

Ringo's SAT's were better than mine, only because he spelled his name correctly on the test form.

Ringo died in 1978, but he always made my dad smile. Even when my father was in his final moments.

Somewhere they are together again, in a land of unlimited firehydrants, trees, anything verticle. And they probably pass by all pets that have come and gone. Both yours and mine.

I must go get the paper now. Here's to our loyal, but short lived friends....

Jonathan