Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-10-2015, 03:59 PM   #41
2 Rivet Member

2013 30' Flying Cloud
Greenwood Village , Colorado
Does anyone know when you leave your dogs in AS with the AC on, how much will it cool? Meaning if we go to AZ or CA this summer and it is 90-110 with the AC, how cool will it stay in the AS? We don't want our lab to get overheated at all
sunahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 04:22 PM   #42
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunahara View Post
Does anyone know when you leave your dogs in AS with the AC on, how much will it cool? Meaning if we go to AZ or CA this summer and it is 90-110 with the AC, how cool will it stay in the AS? We don't want our lab to get overheated at all

Most folks here suggest you can expect 20* below ambient under good conditions (awnings deployed, correct orientation to the sun, etc.).

Everyone's mileage will vary here but personally, I wouldn't risk it. If you're at 110, it's going to be 90 or more in the trailer. That's not very comfortable. And if the power goes out - even for a half hour, that metal tube is going to heat up pretty quick.

If you're talking about quick trips or being in locations where someone has keys to your trailer and is committed to being there to check in or step in if needed, that's a different story.

Just my $0.02...
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 04:43 PM   #43
Rivet Master

2013 27' FB International
El Dorado Hills , California
When I have left my dog in the trailer, and forecast hot outside, I will also open the fantastic fans. This in combo with the AC, so if AC goes out the fans will help somewhat. I've never left him alone for more than a few hours, and not in midday at all if hot. A lot of Arizona in the summer is really hot.
kscherzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 11:06 AM   #44
2 Rivet Member

2013 30' Flying Cloud
Greenwood Village , Colorado
Thank you both for the help this
sunahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 07:02 AM   #45
Rivet Master

2020 28' Flying Cloud
Upper St Clair , Pennsylvania
In addition to the posts I would recommend you bring some form of either actual breed registration if your dog is pure bred or a note from your veterinarian as to the dogs breed. The reason is many campgrounds, some towns and counties do not permit Pit Bulls or Pit mixes.

Our new adopted dog with her big head is mistaken at times for a Pit mix and we were asked, (politely) by a campground owner if she was part Pit. She is not, we had her papers and our other dogs papers with us to prove her genetics. I have been told that Pit or Pit mixes can be confiscated in places like Dade County FL. I was told this by a hotel staff member where we stayed with both dogs.

We also carry all their shot records, chip information as well as the required tags we have a tag that says "I am a chipped dog". Our reason for the tag is both their chips have migrated from their back down their right foreleg. Being a volunteer trainer at a dog rescue we have discovered this with a lot of dogs and unfortunately many shelters and rescues as well as animal control people only check the back of the dogs.

Bud
Volunteer K9 Rehabilitator & Trainer
paiceman is offline   Reply With Quote