Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-25-2007, 07:06 PM   #21
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
North Vancouver , British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefrobrts
Why would dogs be unwelcome in Canada? I here there are lots of dogs up north too

Last I heard dogs could cross the border with proof of vaccinations.
This is correct. All that is needed is an up to date vaccination certificate. My Samm came to me from Kansas and this is all that was required.
cameront120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 10:38 PM   #22
4 Rivet Member

2004 25' International CCD
Salem , Massachusetts
dogs and airstreams

we often call our AS the Dog's house! since they enjoy it as much as we do and sometimes spend more time in it than us. They stay and guard it if we go sightseeing where they're not welcome.

We go everywhere with them, Canada included every year. Never a problem, just bring their vaccinations and show them IF they ask...it happened only once in 4 years..

Our boy is a purebred Siberian husky not from a breeder but yes the pound. It is full of purebreds that people buy emotionally and then realize what they got themselves into. Our little girl is a heinz 57 best breed in the world!

Good luck in your dog search and please, please do not get a dog that come s from a puppy mill. Stores and non reliable breeders are filled with them. Buying one only encourages this disgraceful and inhumane practice.

Petfinder is great but why not make it exciting for your little girl and check the local shelters and rescues of every town you visitsooner or later you're bound to meet your new family member...it may not look anything like a yorkie after all.
Old 08-26-2007, 12:46 AM   #23

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIMILI
Petfinder is great but why not make it exciting for your little girl and check the local shelters and rescues of every town you visitsooner or later you're bound to meet your new family member...it may not look anything like a yorkie after all.
I don't know about normal people, but I can't go into a shelter without taking something fuzzy home! I avoid them at all costs!

I must admit I agree with the warnings about getting a puppy, I'd look for an older 'second-hand pet' from a shelter or rescue. They can often help you match up with the pet's personality, and you'll miss all that annoying puppy behaviour! Our pooch is my precious best friend now, but 12 years ago she was a little hellion that nearly drove us over the edge! Luckily she grew out of that - when she was three!

Something a little more mellow might make a better travelling companion.

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 01:24 PM   #24
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Anyone that has not owned a dog before should watch "The Dog Whisperer" for a month or buy Cesar's videos and watch them to see what you can get into if you don't raise the dog properly. (Cesar Millan - Products) It's a real eye opener, but then again his videos and shows can really give you some insights into dog behavior and why dogs do the things they do. And, nearly all undesirable behavior can be corrected with proper exercise and adequate physical activity. (they act out of boredom and frustration) This is especially crucial during the puppy years. Can you give this to a puppy and young adult dog while living a vagabond life-style?

Cesar often talks about a dog's teen-age phase and it is just as rebellious as a human's teen-age phase. Good luck with your decision.
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote