Old 03-25-2013, 07:58 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2000 19' Bambi
mt. Prospect , Illinois
I like my 19'er, but my wife would like a couch. So, I'm making a short piece to fit where the table would drop (with a small cushion for the seat and a longer cushion along the wall) to convert the dinette to a U shaped couch. The table would go outside until needed. Our yellow lab was around for only the first two years after we got our trailer. He'd sleep on the bed while we were fussing around in the kitchen, and on the floor at night. The only problem was that he's set off the LP gas alarm near the floor with his "emissions". Or, maybe he was just bumping the test button. Now we travel with a cat - a different set of challenges, but, generally, a great companion.

Old 03-26-2013, 11:27 AM   #16
3 Rivet Member

Puyallup , Washington
I'm thinking - I would like a shorter table in our 19 about half the length, shoulnt be too hard to do

Old 03-26-2013, 11:48 AM   #17
3 Rivet Member

2012 27' Flying Cloud
Kirkland , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by srpuywa View Post
I'm thinking - I would like a shorter table in our 19 about half the length, shoulnt be too hard to do
I like the idea, would be much easier to get into the sink-side bench.

I had thought about moving the leg to the middle and hinging the end the table. If i used something that looks good on both sides, i would flip it up and over the second half to eat, but could still flip it down to make a bed. Bamboo plywood looks great and matches the flying cloud.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:54 AM   #18
3 Rivet Member

Puyallup , Washington
I like the flip down idea - I have a friend who has a cabinent shop and will see what he can do
Old 03-28-2013, 10:41 AM   #19
TinCan

2016 30' Classic
Apache Junction , Arizona
Prior to purchasing my 25' Cloud I had read that the big mistake many make is going too short. I really liked the 23 footer but the price difference was not that much so I stepped up to the 25.
Old 03-28-2013, 03:07 PM   #20
3 Rivet Member

2006 34' Classic S/O
Lakewood , New Jersey
My wife and I only considered one size, the 34 triple axle home away from home. We lived full time for 2 years and appreciated the layout and space our limited gave us. For me towing the 34 is easier than when I towed a twenty footer.

Regards,

Reganzo
Old 03-28-2013, 03:39 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Currently Looking...
New Orleans , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reganzo View Post
My wife and I only considered one size, the 34 triple axle home away from home. We lived full time for 2 years and appreciated the layout and space our limited gave us. For me towing the 34 is easier than when I towed a twenty footer.

Regards,

Reganzo
I find my 28 is easier to back than my 25. I didn't realize it but my 25 foot boat on a trailer with a long tongue and outboard is longer than my 28 and I have towed the boat around like it was nothing for awhile. I only found out when I measured for a parking space.
1968 Globetrotter Sold
2011 F150 Ecoboost
Jim Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:01 PM   #22
BAB
Rivet Master

2015 30' Classic
2012 28' International
Greensboro , North Carolina
Think this is such an important (and personal) call. I trailer solo, and before I ordered my trailer I gave a lot of thought to how I'd use it and how important space might be. Since I have a couple of grandkids, I wanted the flexibility to invite my son/dil/gk on a trip with me. As I kid, I traveled with my Aunt and Uncle in a single axle Tradewind. After doing walkthru's of the models, I decided I didn't want the FB. For whatever reason, it just seemed odd to have the door in the rear and the BR in the front. The space allocation for a queen and the amenities in the 28 just seemed "right". So, you really should go to a dealer that has a big inventory (Colonial in NJ)....and see what fits both in terms of practicality and budget. Think most people go bigger after they've had a smaller trailer.
ProPride 3P
AIR# 58452
WBCCI # 3430-Unit 21
BAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:05 PM   #23
3 Rivet Member

2009 34' Panamerica
weyburn , Saskatchewan
I also have been going through a learning curve with trailers and only thing that has been the same is every trailer has been towed with Dodge Cumming diesel.
1- 1976 topaz 22 foot was great trailer very - very heavy for size but still in use built like a tank.
2- 2006 Okanagan 32 foot travel trailer bought new with 2 big slides and back slide was a room with bunks for 3 kids. Great Canadian built trailer but had to put bikes in back of truck as kids got older and bigger bikes would not fit. Trailer up for sale.
3- 2010 Mirage hardcore 20 foot enclosed trailer toy hauler with no slides but had basic bathroom,no shower except outside , fold up benches for couches and fridge, hot water, awning, rv door and windows, no air, would hold 4 bikes and one quad which was great and looks cool. We stop using are 32 foot travel trailer even though it was a lot bigger with slides and it was nice to tow small light trailer after race weekend. Will keep this trailer for short ride trips and day at track
4-2009 Panamerica Airstream 34 feet bought this winter hoping it will be big enough for me, wife, 3 kids, 2 dogs. I wanted something that looked cool towed easy and also made life at mx races and trail ride just a little more comfortable. There is no Airstreams in this part of Canada and I am pretty sure its the only Panamerica in Canada. After we unload bikes we have cots for kids to sleep in garage part also for changing out of dirty riding gear and will need to be used to see how it works out. So I am hoping the Airstream quality is true. I am sure I will not miss the slides and with the little towing done so far it seems very easy to pull with my Dodge 2010 3500 single axle diesel with no equalizer hitch which I will buy next. I am hoping after kids grow up me and wife could use trailer to travel south in winter but for most trailers that would be a far fetch in that kids will be around for another 8-10 years. But that would be really cool and would impress me if it last that long.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	283.7 KB
ID:	182026  
Old 05-08-2013, 12:48 AM   #24
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
I think the island bed works better than the side bed for tall people and pets. For this same reason I think a walk through bath is better. We looked for several years before picking a some other brand trailer with a slide and a perfect floor plan. After 2 years and 4 months of headaches and repairs and reliability issues I did what I really wanted to do in the beginning- get an Airstream. I just settled on that other trailer because it was 1/3 the price. Remember, you get what you pay for. We did love the layout/floor plan, though, so I picked an Airstream with a similar floor plan minus the slide out. We are still a house divided. My wife loved that other trailer because it was roomy with that big slide and had lots of storage. We were hauling a bunch of stuff that wasn't necessary just because we could. I love the Airstream because it never needs repairs. The slide was continually giving us problems. Wouldn't go in. Wouldn't go,out. Parts fell off. I had enough and bought my beautiful shiny silver trailer.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:35 AM   #25
TinCan

2016 30' Classic
Apache Junction , Arizona
I really liked the Cloud 23' but after reading a lot on this and other forums it seems that the big mistake is getting one size too small. There really was not much of a price difference so I went with the Cloud 25'.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:36 AM   #26
ALUMINUM OBSSESSION

1993 34' Limited
Hamilton , Ontario
Totally agree with you!! The best trailer I have ever owned!!
Old 05-10-2013, 05:50 AM   #27
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
The only way I would upsize from my 30' is if Jackson Center were to resume manufacture of the 3 axle 34' trailers. Even then the floor plan would have to be basically the same with a center bath. Seems like the 34's have a little more room in each part of the trailer. The living room is slightly bigger allowing for a second couch or a chair. The kitchen has more cabinets and counters. The wardrobe is bigger. Seems like the 1988 34' we considered had a tub. If you don't want the hassle of a slide, longer is the only way to increase interior space. It is still a long tube or corridor.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:12 AM   #28
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Quote:
Originally Posted by srpuywa View Post
My wife and I recently got our first airstream (FC19). It fits us OK but we plan on taking our yellow Lab Bailey with us on trips. Our first night of driveway camping to get the kinks out and learn about the trailer and see how the dog would do was not uneventful. The 3 of us do not fit on the corner bed very well together. Of course, it doesn't help that I'm 6-3 either and Bailey did not want to sleep alone on the front bed we made for her.

I see a twin bed 25 in our future
Welcome to the Club....I blame the dogs also, DW helped though.

22' Safari>25 Classic

Bob
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	I'm relax'n Dad!!.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	461.8 KB
ID:	185497   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06373.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	292.8 KB
ID:	185498  

“After all these years the reason I continue to love Thanksgiving.....I still sit at the kids table.”
RLC

Sandra wanted to go to Cleveland on vacation,
but I’m the Husband, so we went to Cleveland.
RLC
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote