Old 10-12-2016, 02:24 PM   #29
4 Rivet Member
1979 31' Sovereign
Spring , Texas
We live in northern Wisconsin and I've never had my dogs south of the Twin Cities. I let them out for a walk in a vacant, but trimmed lot near Valentine, Nebraska, and all of sudden it was as if they had stepped on a griddle. They had both stepped on burrs that were right on the ground and stuck in their feet. We have all sorts of burs and stick-tights in our woods, but I'd never seen anything like these. They had very small yellow blooms and cluster of stickers not an inch off the ground. So rather than clinging to their legs or tail, they were stuck between the pads.[/QUOTE]

Where I grew up, in northeastern Colorado, we called those nasty buggers sand burrs. You will find them in most of the semi-arid regions of the Great Plains. We'll just say mostly west of the Missouri river all the way to the mountains. And probably from Canada to Texas.

Starstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 07:07 PM   #30
3 Rivet Member
1994 34' Limited
Salem , Oregon
lucky goes everywhere with us as well. never been completely denied just denied access to trails and certain areas of parks.

MontyV is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off