Old 07-05-2010, 11:58 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartstream View Post
I don't know how cool he is but I do know that he is spoiled, really spoiled.

Cheers, Dan
Yeah, he does. He sleeps in whatever bed HE wants!
Neil

FreshAir #12407

Kirk Creek, Big Sur, Ca. coast.

1966 Trade Wind

1971 Buick Centurion convertible
455 cid

1969 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight
455 cid
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 12:37 AM   #16
Rivet Master

1982 28' Airstream 280
Port Angeles , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshAir View Post
Yeah, he does. He sleeps in whatever bed HE wants!
Neil
Not quite Neil. He does own the gaucho/couch. That however is the only furniture he is allowed on at home or in the Moho. I suppose that is why he gets so excited when we start to load the Moho. He does however have five double size doggy beds at home. One in front of the TV, one next to my chair where I play on my laptop, one in the living room, one upstairs in the sun-room, and one in our bedroom. He does like a choice of where he sleeps but all his beds are on the floor. Like I said he is really spoiled.

He can turn around in the Moho between the beds. He has to kind of scrunch his rear up on one bed while he does his best to curl up enough to change direction. It will be interesting to see if he can sill do it when he gets older.

Life just isn't the same without a Great Dane or two in the household.

Cheers, Dan

Old 07-06-2010, 07:55 AM   #17
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Sorry Sandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonginator View Post
What a cutie. We lost our 12 year old harlequin dane last year so your photo made me smile. Our also had natural ears and was a complete sweetie.

Your post made my day - wish we could have taken him along in our AS.

Have fun!

Sandy
So sorry to hear that you lost your harlequin dane, Sandy!! I have to say though, I hope Drake gets to 12 years old. What a great life span for a Dane! Drake is a complete sweetie too!

TAC OK-42

Come See Minnie Mouse at the TAC Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness Rally
http://airstreamingdreaming.blogspot.com

"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
]
rebelstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 08:11 AM   #18
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
I love doggie pictures and stories in the morning. Just makes you grin.

So other than just making sure the place we are staying accepts dogs of his size, there is not much too worry about. I would like to know how the camper shell works out. Right now we have travel crates for both dogs. My husband really wants to get a camper shell for them instead. (We are still a long way from going out due to cleaning and some renovation on our A/S)

This makes me feel better. There is nothing worse than feeling you've abandoned them at the boarding facility. Though honestly, they go to a doggie daycare place and I think secretly enjoy playing with all the dogs.

As for you, Minnie's mate, you know there is really no way to reply to that, except to laugh. Thanks for the giggle over my coffee!

TAC OK-42

]
Old 07-06-2010, 08:23 AM   #19
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Swedes, Danes, there all Scandinavians at heart.

BTW, don't tell my wife I posted on this thread about her!
WBCCI# 4821
http://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 08:37 AM   #20
4 Rivet Member

1974 Argosy 24
Science Hill , Kentucky
So other than just making sure the place we are staying accepts dogs of his size, there is not much too worry about. I would like to know how the camper shell works out. Right now we have travel crates for both dogs. My husband really wants to get a camper shell for them instead. (We are still a long way from going out due to cleaning and some renovation on our A/S)

Well we just put on a camper top on the back of our truck, and I special ordered the top with the 50% sliding glass on each side with darker tint to help with the sun and get a better breeze in the back. I did not just want the little glass on the sides that popped out I wanted them to have as much of an opening as they could. I also put down a pet bed for each of the 3 (labs) that travel in the back, and then we have 2 weenie dogs that ride up front in the cab. And now everyone is comfy and we love to travel with our pups. That is the reason that we got into camping, did not like to board my furry babies, and did not like paying per head when we could FIND a nice pet friendly hotel
Dotz(daschund) CB (daschund) Oh and 3 kids!!!
TAC# KY-3
mouth012006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 02:01 PM   #21
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie's Mate View Post
Swedes, Danes, there all Scandinavians at heart.

BTW, don't tell my wife I posted on this thread about her!
Ok... I won't!

TAC OK-42

]
Old 07-06-2010, 02:06 PM   #22
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
My husband has already read your reply on the camper shell. I can hear the gears turning in his head already. Thanks!!

TAC OK-42

]
Old 07-06-2010, 02:56 PM   #23
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
St. Catharines , South Western Ontario
We love to travel with the Stream but dogs, cats, and MiL's are not allowed...LOL
Old 07-07-2010, 01:55 AM   #24
Rivet Master

1982 28' Airstream 280
Before Hagar we had two Danes, Gus and Lil. They rode in a camper shell all the time. Gus who weighed about 185 lbs. figured out if he pushed hard enough on the back window it would flex and pop open. We were in a hardware store when the electric doors opened and we could hear a commotion in the front of the store. Here was Gus strolling down the main aisle. I installed some cleats on the sides and back and tied the back window closed after that.

Hagar on the other hand won't get near the truck. If I go anywhere near the back of the shell he runs and hides. Irene even tried to ride in the back with him and he just shakes the whole time. This is one of the reasons we have the Airstream.

Irene is Norwegian but I consider the Swedes and Danes and all the Scandinavians to be VIKINGS.

Cheers, Dan
Old 07-07-2010, 07:40 AM   #25
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Quote:
Before Hagar we had two Danes, Gus and Lil. They rode in a camper shell all the time. Gus who weighed about 185 lbs. figured out if he pushed hard enough on the back window it would flex and pop open. We were in a hardware store when the electric doors opened and we could hear a commotion in the front of the store. Here was Gus strolling down the main aisle. I installed some cleats on the sides and back and tied the back window closed after that.

Hagar on the other hand won't get near the truck. If I go anywhere near the back of the shell he runs and hides. Irene even tried to ride in the back with him and he just shakes the whole time. This is one of the reasons we have the Airstream.

Irene is Norwegian but I consider the Swedes and Danes and all the Scandinavians to be VIKINGS.

Cheers, Dan
Smart boy, was Gus. He showed you! Leave him in the truck...HA! Was the entire store laughing?

Poor Hagar. Is Hagar a storm/sound sensitive dog? Is it to loud for him? Or does the shell just scare him? Drake has ridden in his crate in the back and seemed ok with it. He just likes to go. He gets upset when we train using the ramp, because we don't actually leave the driveway.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 07-08-2010, 01:29 AM   #26
Rivet Master

1982 28' Airstream 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelstand View Post
Smart boy, was Gus. He showed you! Leave him in the truck...HA! Was the entire store laughing?

Poor Hagar. Is Hagar a storm/sound sensitive dog? Is it to loud for him? Or does the shell just scare him? Drake has ridden in his crate in the back and seemed ok with it. He just likes to go. He gets upset when we train using the ramp, because we don't actually leave the driveway.
Yes Gus was quite the character. He was into everything and always the center of attention.

Hagar like all our Danes is a rescue and he has gotten over his other issues but that one remains a mystery. He really is a great dog so I guess we will just use the Airstream more than the pick-up.

Cheers, Dan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0774.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	313.2 KB
ID:	106463  
Old 07-08-2010, 07:36 AM   #27
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Quote:
Yes Gus was quite the character. He was into everything and always the center of attention.

Hagar like all our Danes is a rescue and he has gotten over his other issues but that one remains a mystery. He really is a great dog so I guess we will just use the Airstream more than the pick-up.

Cheers, Dan
Both our dogs are rescue dogs as well, and sometimes you never find out. Hagar looks really cute. I love that picture.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 07-08-2010, 08:58 PM   #28
Rivet Master

2008 23' Safari FB SE
Boulder , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelstand View Post
So sorry to hear that you lost your harlequin dane, Sandy!! I have to say though, I hope Drake gets to 12 years old. What a great life span for a Dane! Drake is a complete sweetie too!
Thanks - we miss him horribly. His name was Bongo - hence my screen name "Bonginator". We console ourselves knowing that we had a very long time with him given Dane lifespan. We also had an Old English Mastiff, Miss Gracie, that lived to 11 - must be something in the Pro Plan we fed both of them!

Thanks for this thread - although it may result in us getting another gentle giant.

Tags
great dane, heeler, pets