I'm just trying to get the word out there because I know many Airstreamers have dogs.
If you have sugar-free food in your house/rv you need to be aware that one of the ingredients commonly used (Xylitol) is extremely hazardous to dogs.
Everyone seems to know that chocolate/raisins are hazardous but this stuff is way more likely to kill your dog. The window to treat may be as little as 30 minutes. The ingredient is very common: sugar free Jello/Pudding, Tic tacs, sugar-free gum .....
My sister's dachshund got into my purse and ate a pack of gum. Thankfully she's a vet and knew to look at the ingredients and even more thankfully it didn't contain xylitol. But it could have happened that easily.
Pass the word to fellow dog owners PLEASE!
Vet's view: Xylitol can be deadly to dogs - USATODAY.com
snopes.com: Xylitol Deadly to Dogs