Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-15-2014, 07:46 PM   #1

1972 27' Overlander
Seattle , Washington
What tow vehicle to get '72 Overlander?

Hello-
I am new on here and just purchased my first Airstream trailer. It is 27' 1972 Overlander that was completely gutted. It is totally empty, but still has the bathroom. I am going to be using it for a mobile art project and am wondering what sort of vehicle I should buy to tow it. I have read a lot of different opinions on it. The weight of the '72 is listed at around 4,600, but minus all the guts is probably a lot less. I don't have a giant budget (around $10,000), but need to make sure to get the right car.

What do you think would pull this? Thanks for your time.
footslug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 08:46 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Welcome, you have truly opened a can of worms with your question. Some will tell you that you absolutly have to have the largest pick up on the market and a heavy $2000 hitch. Personally I think a 1/2 ton truck or SUV would work just fine. Good luck.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote