Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-02-2016, 06:40 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2016 23' Flying Cloud
Dallas , Texas
WD and SC for FC 20

I have run this on a thread called 20-footers and felt I might get more information here. I really appreciate all the helpful comments people give on this website. It is so very helpful to use experiences others have had, to make our AS ventures more fun and safer. This one is especially important to me. My Granddaughter, who has camped with us for a long time, wants her own AS. She likes the FC 20. I just bought her a new F-150, Eco Boost, Platinum, fully tricked out with all towing options. Going to get the trailer for her when she decides for sure but had some areas of uncertainty that I want defined before I get it all rigged up for her. I am going to change the 15" wheels to 16s and put the best tires I can find on it. I would appreciate any suggestions, warnings or hints relative to the WD and SC systems any 20 footers are using. All your help is so important because we are talking about one load of very precious cargo.

I hope this day to have the opportunity to help someone in need.
Kittyfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 08:41 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
We had a 20, now a 25. No significant difference from what you learned about your 23 FC. If utmost safety of this precious cargo is your goal, get her a tandem axle Airstream like yours.

That way if she has a flat tire on the drivers side of her Airstream on the interstate highway, rather than of changing the tire within a few feet of speeding trucks and cars, she can drive on at reduced speed to a safer place. And even then, she can just take off the flat tire with a tire ramp under the other tire (no jacking), and proceed to a service station on the three good tires.

The Truth is More Important Than the Facts
dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote