Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Towing, Tow Vehicles & Hitches
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-18-2012, 10:59 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
Vintage Tow Vehicle insurance

What insurance do you who tow with vintage (Classic Cars) vehicles? I've been searching for a classic/collector car insurance that will insure me if I tow my Airstream with it. I do have the Buick and Airstream insured with the company that I've been with for 30 years. However, I cannot get the classic car coverage if I tow. I've tried most all of the companies I've found. Last week I had the Airstream with the Buick in a car show. There was a Haggerty rep there and he says they sometimes make exceptions. Well the rep got back to me and reported that Haggerty would insure the car when towing if I am ONLY towing to a classic car or vintage trailer show. I'm certain some of you have a solution. Thanks in advance.

Neil
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06350_edited-1.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	458.9 KB
ID:	161348  
FreshAir #12407

Kirk Creek, Big Sur, Ca. coast.

1966 Trade Wind

1971 Buick Centurion convertible
455 cid

1969 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight
455 cid
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:27 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2011 34' Classic
Westchester Cty.NY , / Miami FL
the classic car insurance is cheap because of the very limited use expected. i think you're going to have to pay regular rates for regular use.
Ingrid-my unofficial '"World's Oldest Streamer" 1909-2008 R.I.P.
richinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:57 AM   #3
Rivet Master

Neil,

A few years back the VAC did a story based on this very subject. At that time, I was using "State Farm" which was the only company that would give you the coverage you seek and was written up as such. Things may have changed by now, but since I'm still with SF, I'm covered!!

Enjoy,
Old 06-19-2012, 08:07 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
These folks will talk to you about it. They are BIG Time vintage fans and owners too.
Heritage Insurance
Old 07-07-2012, 09:33 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
Follow up

Well, I still have no answers. I contacted the one insurer that was suggested in this thread. I had immediate responses...2 emails from 2 folks. One email asked for some additional info and the other email left a phone number too call. I responded to the email and called the number. The pleasant lady on the phone took my answers and told me they would contact me in a day with a quote for the insurance. Well a few days went by and no call or email. I emailed a 'what's up?' a week later but no response. I find it rude not to respond even if it's a negative one.
This was the ONLY insurer suggestion that I received with this thread. Come on classis tow vehicle owners....aren't you insured when towing?
Neil
FreshAir #12407

Kirk Creek, Big Sur, Ca. coast.

1966 Trade Wind

1971 Buick Centurion convertible
455 cid

1969 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight
455 cid
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote