Old 05-18-2018, 09:15 AM   #1

2018 22' Sport
Hudson , Quebec
Unhitching on an angle?

Hi everyone

I just had my Fastway E2 hitch stolen (same company as Equalizer) and replaced it with a Husky centerline TS.

Now it is near impossible to remove the tortion bars if the tow vehicle is more than 5 degree angle to the trailer, even after lifting the jack and TV. The Husky is similar to the equalizer style but has two vertical pins that you have to clear.

I never had this issue with the Fastway. I understand that the more angle you have the more tension there is, but sometimes it is difficult to be perfectly straight on small sites. And Id prefer not to have to remove it before backing up each time.

Is it possible the dealer installed it incorrectly, or is this normal? If so Im going to switch back to the Fastway.

Thanks!

Cvinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 11:10 AM   #2

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Holland , Michigan
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cvinson View Post
Hi everyone

I just had my Fastway E2 hitch stolen (same company as Equalizer) and replaced it with a Husky centerline TS.

Now it is near impossible to remove the tortion bars if the tow vehicle is more than 5 degree angle to the trailer, even after lifting the jack and TV. The Husky is similar to the equalizer style but has two vertical pins that you have to clear.

I never had this issue with the Fastway. I understand that the more angle you have the more tension there is, but sometimes it is difficult to be perfectly straight on small sites. And Id prefer not to have to remove it before backing up each time.

Is it possible the dealer installed it incorrectly, or is this normal? If so Im going to switch back to the Fastway.

Thanks!
Newbie here too and had the same problem. Lifting to put on and off is a must. Getting off. If you have an angle it will bind. But one should be loose. Take that one off and then with the unit well chocked, move left or right just a mite so the bar is not binding. Then remove.

Flyboy328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 11:34 AM   #3
retired USA/USAF

2001 30' Excella
Somerset , New Jersey
I don't have these sort of problems with my hitch. How about if you remove your bars before backing in to a spot and while you are still straight & mostly level ???? Same thing in reverse when hitching up. Pull out into a straight line and install the bars.

" Democracy is the worst form of government. Except for all the rest"
Winston Churchill 1948

TAC - NJ 18

polarlyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 11:42 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2018 23' Flying Cloud
Savoy , Texas
Put leveling blocks under TV to get TV and trailer parallel. Getting the 2 straight helps.
SpinWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 06:31 AM   #5

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Holland , Michigan
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by polarlyse View Post
I don't have these sort of problems with my hitch. How about if you remove your bars before backing in to a spot and while you are still straight & mostly level ???? Same thing in reverse when hitching up. Pull out into a straight line and install the bars.

Yes , you do not need the bars to back
Flyboy328 is offline   Reply With Quote

« Porpoising | Top | Help ! »