Old 07-25-2019, 01:22 PM   #21
3 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Lake Worth Beach , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafitte View Post
Not true. My 2012 Ram 2500 had towing capacity and other data LISTED THERE AND NOWHERE ELSE. Yes it was vehicle specific. Will copy page for you if needed
Attachment 347566
RAM must have realized at some point that chart is misleading because it isn’t in my 2016 owner’s manual. My manual only refers me to their website.

The payload numbers in that chart are labeled as “Payload: xxxx lbs - max.” They represent the max payload possible for the entire fleet, equipped with the various engines. They don’t take into account your truck’s specific combination of options, which will affect the actual payload capacity of your truck. The sticker on the door jamb does take all of that into account and gives the actual payload capacity of your specific truck. I’ve circled the payload data for my truck in the photo below. It’s nowhere near the 2,580 lbs your chart says it could be.

Jim
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C68600CD-1027-4830-8E26-5F5855152D0A.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	201.0 KB
ID:	347587  

2016 RAM 2500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4, Cummins TurboDiesel
AirstreamJim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 02:26 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Bullard , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirstreamJim View Post
RAM must have realized at some point that chart is misleading because it isn’t in my 2016 owner’s manual. My manual only refers me to their website.

The payload numbers in that chart are labeled as “Payload: xxxx lbs - max.” They represent the max payload possible for the entire fleet, equipped with the various engines. They don’t take into account your truck’s specific combination of options, which will affect the actual payload capacity of your truck. The sticker on the door jamb does take all of that into account and gives the actual payload capacity of your specific truck. I’ve circled the payload data for my truck in the photo below. It’s nowhere near the 2,580 lbs your chart says it could be.

Jim
Jim ,
You are right . Checked my door sticker and it says Payload 1907 LBS....
I stand corrected. I have a 2wd Crewcab 2500 LWB w/Cummins.
Lafitte