Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Towing, Tow Vehicles & Hitches
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-21-2014, 06:41 PM   #41
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
Real sway is no fun...

Sent from my pocket Internet using Airstream Forums
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 11:43 PM   #42
3 Rivet Member

2015 16' Sport
Oakville , Ontario
I want one.
timhortons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 12:29 PM   #43
2 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

Brookfield , Wisconsin
Perhaps your desires for the "option" may come true sooner then you think. Here is a like where Forest River is offering sway control as an option.

XLR Teams With Tuson Sway Control | RV Industry News

Apparently it will be available on their various toy haulers. I would think once one company offers the option other manufacturers may offer them as well.
C5Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 07:52 AM   #44
2 Rivet Member

2015 16' Sport
Syracuse , New York
I see this thread died out a couple of years ago. Is that because everyone went back to their Hensley's or because you have all gotten electronic sway control installed on your AS?

Thanks,
Matt
mhutchinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 07:32 AM   #45
Rivet Master

2014 31' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
The Hensley Arrow on our 2015 23D and the ProPride on our 2014 31' Classic have been installed and setup properly. So there would be no advantage to me for the anti sway Tuson device. However, I would consider upgrading our upgrade to disc brakes on the Classic to the Tuson ABS disc brake system. I already have the Tuson DirecLink NE brake controller installed in our 2012 Ram 2500 HD Cummins Classic tow vehicle.
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 05:31 PM   #46
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by switz View Post
The Hensley Arrow on our 2015 23D and the ProPride on our 2014 31' Classic have been installed and setup properly. So there would be no advantage to me for the anti sway Tuson device. However, I would consider upgrading our upgrade to disc brakes on the Classic to the Tuson ABS disc brake system. I already have the Tuson DirecLink NE brake controller installed in our 2012 Ram 2500 HD Cummins Classic tow vehicle.

Except in the worst condition: downgrade with exhaust brake but no service brake engaged. Hitch has slack at that point. Wrong time to meet a crosswind or a pair of big trucks.

So, yes, there would be an advantage to the TUSON anti sway, even with a Hensley designed hitch.
slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote