Old 09-07-2006, 11:54 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member

2004 28' International CCD
Camarillo , California
link

I've seen these and they do look great-and the fact they adjust with you're mirror-thanks for your testimonial-I want a set. Currrently I have a set of add ons from Australia and they work well also Darrell www.oraproducts.com notice the enzo mirror kind of like a mckesh

Old 09-08-2006, 03:45 PM   #16
2005 28 ft. SAFARI

2005 28' Safari
Brooklyn , New York
Hello Darrell

We've seen the photograph of your Ora mirrors. The Tow N See's provide a simple and speedy set up and the ability to make adjustments from the driver's station inside the vehicle where all hands should be at current highway speeds.

Sharon & Winston

Old 11-02-2006, 12:10 PM   #17
Rivet Master

Nipomo , California
We just completed a 1000-mile trip using a Tow-N-See mirror for the first time. Our Dodge Durango's mirrors don't extend like those of the trucks, so having this extension on the driver's side made a huge difference in driving safety and convenience. The suction cup mount was more secure than I had expected. In fact, it never came loose, which is quite an endorsement because our trip included the notoriously bumpy concrete highways in LA.

I wish we could add one to the passenger side, but unfortunately the housing around the mirror protrudes too much to mount the suction cup. In other words, the distance between the suction cup and the rod that connects the mount to the fixed mirror is too short to accommodate the 2 or 3 inches that would be needed.

I tried mounting the suction cup at various distances from the car's mirror centerline. Vibration increased as the mounting position moved further away from the center, but was still acceptable for viewing. I wonder though whether the vibration will ultimately damage the car's mirror adjustment mechanism.

Bowlus Road Chief "Endymion" (coming soon)
BMW X3 xDrive 28D
myoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 04:57 PM   #18
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Lady Lake , Florida
Thanks!

Thanks for all the good information about mirrors for towing.

We have just returned from our first trip with our AS. We bought the Tow N See mirrors at Camping World. They stayed attached the entire 900 mile trip.

We bought one flat and one convex. DH tried each on each side and has decided to go with two convex.

This has been a great money saving thread! If I hadn't read about the Tow N See Mirrors on this forum, I doubt if we would have bought them.

Pat
Old 12-15-2006, 05:46 PM   #19
4 Rivet Member

2006 19' Safari
Suisun City , California
Me Too!

Had a pair of the clip on mirrors and they really slipped around and vibrated.

So, got a pair of these suction cup ones at Camping World. Work great!

Jerry and Avis
2006 Safari Bambi 19'
2005 Toyota Tacoma PU

"Mi Casa Es Su Casa!"
WBCCI #6716
AIR #17388
Roscinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 06:02 PM   #20

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
We bought a pair of these at Camping World. Our McKesh mirrors are now for sale.
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with HAHA
2005 Suburban 2500 Quadrasteer (Olivia) & 2018 Silverado 2500 (Lillian)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 06:36 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Hi, my first thoughts on these stick-on mirrors was vibration; Since they are just stuck on the vehicle's mirror glass, but most all of you stated that they don't vibrate. I trust the vacuum part, because I personally know how powerful vacuum can be. At Ford school many years ago [like 35?] they had a vacuum motor from Ford product's head light door mounted to a work bench. You could stand on a bracket that was attached to this vacuum motor and with just a few inches of vacuum, it would pick up a 200 lb + person. I have the CIPA slip on mirrors and they are just better than nothing.

Thank You. Silvercamper / Sharon & Winston

Bob
Old 12-15-2006, 07:14 PM   #22

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
The Tow N' Sees vibrate much les than the McKesh, plus they fully adjust from the diver's seat. They have a tether to make sure that you don't lose them. We have driven about 4,000 miles with them, and have not neede the tether cord.
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with HAHA
2005 Suburban 2500 Quadrasteer (Olivia) & 2018 Silverado 2500 (Lillian)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 09:26 PM   #23
3 Rivet Member

2007 19' Safari SE
Seal Beach , California
tow 'n see mirrors

We've got a pair (one convex for passenger side; the other regular for driver side). It may be just the luck of the draw, but on occasion, the driver side mirror will slip off. I've gotten improved performance by dripping a little water onto the suction cups before applying them to the mirrors. I find that I still have to periodically adjust the remote mirrors, because wind resistance against the tow 'n see mirrors tends to slowly turn the primary mirrors inward. Still, they are an inexpensive and relatively successful alternative to pricier mirror setups!

Jerry & Susan
2007 19' Bambi SE; 2010 Ford F-150 5.4L SuperCrew 4x4 w/ FlipPac camper shell
ESCAPE POD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 09:27 PM   #24
3 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD
1964 19' Globetrotter
2012 Interstate Coach
vero beach , Florida
Thumbs up Now See Here

THANKS FOR THE INFO SILVERCAMPER. Gonna order right NOW!

07, 25' Ocean Breeze
64, 19' Globetrotter

Air #7609
denellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 10:12 PM   #25
Rivet Master

1992 34' Limited
Falls Church , Virginia
Timely Thread - again! HOW! do they do that???

Hello all -

Saw those 'suction cup' mirrors at CW today. Been hemming and hawing back and forth on new mirrors.... Quality and stable mirrors, that are aftermarket, are usually quite an investment.

After much internet and real store searching, I settled on the Schefenecker mirrors that add the running/ turn signal lights as well as being power adjustable (manual extend) and having heat....

I won't bore you all with the million and one machinations I searched thru... Suffice it say,

#1 - Chevy had OEM aftermarket (ALL manual - NO lights/heat) for $225/ per side.
#2 - Autozone, etc... had OEM aftermarket (ALL manual - NO lights/heat) for $150/ per side
#3 - Parts resellers had OEM aftermarket ( power adjustable if on vehicle - NO lights/ heat) for $125 per side
#4 - Aftermarket Truck/ Automotive place in town (TSI Automotive, in ABQ - GREAT place! and even better people!) had Schefenecker mirrors (with Power adjustment, Turn/ marker lights AND heat) for $230 per side. Can even be color matched to vehicle but comes with basic black.

Read up a LOT on mirrors and found a lot of great info with the "Search Button" above....

Came to the decision that power adjustment was KEY! Read Pohaskas insights. Hit one good pothole, in among the semi's, on I-whatever, doing 65mph... and you know of what I speak! Plus, when the other half drives and adjusts to her stature, I don't want to spend another 15 minutes in the rest area to get it back to my sweet spot...

Also having the Turn Signal/ running lights was VERY important to me for safety and visibility. Having driven around with enough others that have signals and don't use them, or have signals/ lights that or burned out, or simply don't care about ANYONE around themselves... I am FOR BEING SEEN! The more the better as far as I am concerned!!! Also have a LED light stick across the rear of the TV (Running lights, Turn signals, Flashers,etc...), to broadcast to EVERYONE what my intentions are... Will be adding this to the rear of SilverToy as well!

Having the heat on the mirrors, was a tertiary issue, but since it was bundled with the lights/ power it become a nice add-on.

As I said, per the internet searches I could pull up, I was looking at AT LEAST $550 PLUS S/H... When I called the local shop I was quoted $500 with install... When I said I could do the install myself (Schefenecker website had VERY complete instrustions - basic plug and play!) it went down to $460.

SOLD!

Will be in on Tuesday or Wednesday. Will report back when I get the install done.

Peace out!

Axel
Old 12-15-2006, 10:50 PM   #26
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Hi, SilverToy. I also concidered these mirrors, but they don't seem to have them for my Navigator.

Bob
Old 12-15-2006, 11:14 PM   #27
4 Rivet Member

1969 27' Overlander
Pickens , South Carolina
WOW! Thanks, I was thinking of letting Santa bring me a pair of these, but have been warry since I was so disapointed in my slip on...vibrates like a mad hatter. I can't wait to get a set now!!

-"just because the monkeys off your back, doesn't mean the circus left town!"

www.pickenscountycampers.com
camperski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 11:20 PM   #28
Rivet Master

1992 34' Limited
Falls Church , Virginia
F/L/Mercury

Bob -

I would think (I have been known to be wrong - once! ;>0 ) that the Ford part would be a plug in for the same year. There is likely no way that Lincon is going to re-engineer parts like mirrors and such. I would check that line of thought out. In fact, I'll call TSI on monday to ask. Will report back when I get the info.

If it does work out as affirmative on the Lincoln/Ford issue, I would be happy to get the part for you and then send it to you - the price break is SIGNIFICANT from manufacturor prices, so you would likely be ahead even with shipping from me to you. Heck maybe TSI could get them shipped to you for that price - I'll check. Send me a PM with your location so I can ask.

I'll keep everyone apprised as detail develop.

Peace out

Axel