Old 10-19-2016, 01:33 PM   #15
LifeIsShort

2013 22' FB Sport
Winter Park , Colorado
I bought my 2012 off a lot a year ago for $30K. It has everything you mention, and the FX4 package--meaning 4WD. Pretty much every option you can get in an F150 except a sunroof. The only issue I've had is that the driver's seat heat seems to only work when it wants to. I took it to Alaska this summer, and had no issues whatsoever. Great truck.

Old 10-19-2016, 03:31 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member

2003 30' Classic
Fresno , California
Turbos... like in dual

I am not a Ford guy so bare with me. You said it is an F150....gas...and you are sayind it has turbis...??? I may be confused but I had no idea Ford built a gas engine with twin turbos.

Old 10-19-2016, 03:47 PM   #17
2 Rivet Member

1973 Argosy 20
Rohnert Park , California
I'm not far from you, Matti. Checking Kelly Blue Book for our area, the suggested price for this vehicle should be in the range of $25-26K, not $30K. Don't worry about the 2WD. Unless you plan to drive up to Tahoe in the Winter, you won't need it. 2WD is actually a plus because you'll get better fuel mileage, a better ride, and less stuff to break. The truck you're looking at probably has traction control which will eliminate situations where one of the back wheels loses traction and spins freely. I've driven over miles of mountainous dirt roads in 2WD towing trailers and never come close to getting stuck.
Old 10-20-2016, 12:29 AM   #18
2 Rivet Member

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Fairfield , California
Yup it has two of them; owned an 88 T-bird Turbo coupe a long time ago. It was funny when I first stepped on the gas and from the way it lurched I turned to the saleslady and asked is this turbo charged? She said I don't know we will have to ask when we get back to the dealership. (found out she's been on the job 5 days)
Old 10-20-2016, 12:32 AM   #19
2 Rivet Member

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Fairfield , California
Thank you, sounds like those west of the Mississippi don't worry about a truck being a 4x4 as much as those to the east. It does have the locking differential on it, so that is supposed to be of some help I am told.
Old 10-20-2016, 12:34 AM   #20
2 Rivet Member

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Fairfield , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce B View Post
2 wheel drive!

You might consider a Ford ESP warranty on the truck if you are concerned about things. Things like heater blend modules are expensive to replace and are known to fail. You should take a look at the manufacturers load rating on the drivers door just so that you know what load it will carry.
Bruce
Took the truck by the Airstream dealership it is about a 1/2 mile from the Ford. They looked it over and said this would have no problem pulling your 25ft and tried to upgrade me to a 30ft. LOL Looked at the Ford ESP warranty and it would only over a couple of more years. Didn't know that it starts from the date the truck is bought originally not date it is bought again and there is no price break.

Thank you Bruce
Old 10-20-2016, 12:43 AM   #21
2 Rivet Member

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Fairfield , California
Thank you everybody for you input

Thanks again everybody for your wisdom, still thinking about it and trying to get the dealer to come down just a little bit more. See what he calls with tomorrow.
Old 10-20-2016, 07:45 AM   #22
Rivet Master

1955 22' Flying Cloud
1964 17' Bambi II
Clear Lake Shores , Texas
Google is your friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldireland View Post
I am not a Ford guy so bare with me. You said it is an F150....gas...and you are sayind it has turbis...??? I may be confused but I had no idea Ford built a gas engine with twin turbos.
Look up Ecoboost motor. It is the favorite for most F150 buyers who tow. Twin turbos provide plenty of hp and torque when needed and the rest of the time you get V6 fuel economy. Love mine!
Old 10-20-2016, 02:30 PM   #23
2 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Fitchburg , Wisconsin
Yes, I can think of something. I bought a new 2013 F150 144 WB Ecoboost 4x4 3.73 axles, max tow, max payload, and pretty much every other option. It was a great truck and it had all the power I ever needed. I sold it at 18,000 miles with six months of warranty remaining.

You should get an accurate tongue weight for your 25. My 2013 FC25FB twin with solar, road ready with empty tanks weights 1,253 lbs on the Airstream scale in Jackson Center. That together with the cargo I carry meant the Ford was overload from receiver (1150 lbs max), to tires, to axle. It's pretty clear to me from reading posts on this forum that a lot of guys wouldn't worry about that but I traded for a GMC 2500 Duramax.

I love the GMC but I'm not happy about making the wrong choice which was primarily the result of believing Airstream's inaccurate specs for my trailer: 837 lbs tongue weight in their dreams. If you have a rear bedroom you may not have this problem.
Old 10-22-2016, 02:05 PM   #24
3 Rivet Member

2012 19' International
Southeastern MI , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattirs View Post
Thanks again everybody for your wisdom, still thinking about it and trying to get the dealer to come down just a little bit more. See what he calls with tomorrow.
Go to the dealer and price a new one. There are incentives that make a new one a good deal (2016).

Four years is nothing for a vehicle to sit these days, except the ethanol gas goes bad. If it sat outside (I mean really sat) beware critters living in the air box etc. sounds like yours was run occasionally.

Tow Vehicle: Ford Superduty crew cab 6.2L V8
Countryboy59 is offline   Reply With Quote