Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Towing, Tow Vehicles & Hitches
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-07-2016, 01:31 PM   #21
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
If you've ever lived in a city with forty thousand college students then you already know that vehicles drive themselves. It's the only reason I can see that there aren't more accidents.
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 02:11 PM   #22
3 Rivet Member

1974 29' Ambassador
1976 25' Caravanner
trenton , Missouri
No self driving TV for me. The open road, hand draped over the wheel,AC on and looking back in the mirror at the silver bird equals half the fun of Airstreaming. What's happening to the American spirit?
bimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 02:15 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Jupiter , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimpy View Post
No self driving TV for me. The open road, hand draped over the wheel,AC on and looking back in the mirror at the silver bird equals half the fun of Airstreaming. What's happening to the American spirit?
I don't mind driving either, but I have to admit that the open road, hand draped around a cold drink, AC on, and looking out any window sounds like a good time too.
SeaLevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 02:46 PM   #24
Full Time Adventurer

2007 27' International CCD FB
Nomadic , USA
It's an inevitable. For as much as people complain about our jobs going oversea's the statistics actually say robots have replaced more people than jobs going overseas in manufacturing. And it's predicted that automated trucking will be the next big thing.

Companies could save millions getting rid of truck drivers and replacing them with trucks that can drive nonstop from point A to point B without human error.

Politicians and crazy environmentalist and even the insurance industry love the idea of taking you out of the equation. Politicians and insurance people are already working together in a big money making ploy involving the future of self-driving cars. The idea there is once they are proven safer, start penalizing and taxing everyone who doesn't convert. WSJ has done a whole article on this.

But you'll see this really take off in commercial industries first before it spreads down to consumers. Most of you aren't going to be here, so why worry? Talking 20-30yrs out.
Old 01-08-2016, 06:55 AM   #25
2 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Queens , New York
<< Most of you aren't going to be here, so why worry? >>
thanks BA, for the info and the cold, hard reality check.
8^)
Dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 07:46 PM   #26
1 Rivet Member

2014 23' FB Flying Cloud
1998 34' Excella 1000
Apache Junction , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuvite-F View Post
Fortunately this is of only academic interest to me, since I am a fallible human approaching my expiration date.
Lucky you!! I just checked and I'm way past my "USE BY:" date. I may not be here to see how this works out.
donm168 is offline   Reply With Quote