Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2015, 05:30 PM   #1
1987 Avion 34W owner

Vintage Kin Owner
Good Ol' , USA
Rigs you see passing through your area

I tend to be on the lookout for tow vehicles and travel trailers passing through our area. I like to see 1) what they are towing with 2) what they are towing 3) how they are set up.... is the tow vehicle and the travel trailer level? 4) does the tow vehicle look under-sized for what is being towed (I usually see this with a 5th-wheel in tow.)

Most recently, I've seen some well-set-up rigs going down the road, with the exception of a overloaded-looking pick-up hauling a GIANT 5th-wheel. Occasionally, I'll see one that has the rear end of the tow vehicle squatting down and a nose-low trailer. Those that are set up poorly will probably be complaining down the road of tires that wear unevenly or blow out because they are overloaded.

I'm also amused to see those travelling down the interstate at 70+ MPH. Not too long ago, I saw what must have been some sort of "light" trailer balled up in a wad along the side of the road in a downhill portion of the 4-lane in our area. I'm guessing it got caught in some sort of side draft? Maybe lost a tire? I don't know...... it was just a twisted mass o'trailer when I saw it.

Just curious of what you see.....
PaulnGina is offline   Reply With Quote