Old 06-07-2013, 06:10 PM   #43
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
K.C. , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTurnConn View Post
I have one word reply to your thread about the Aero mirrors. Store them in the garage somewhere and buy a set of CIPA mirrors made specifically for your vehicle. I have used then for hundreds of hours and thousands of miles and they have performed flawlessly. Easy on, easy off and look like OEM mirrors.
Ron T
Ron,
I wish I could get a set of the slip on cipa mirrors, but they don't make them for a Frontier ( I know.... "get a REAL tow vehicle".....ack ! .....SAVE it !!! ), so since I can't get those, this is what I use, the Milenco Aero 2. They actually work quite well. I even clamped it on there and took a couple pics for "all y'all" ( plural of y'all )

Old 06-07-2013, 08:29 PM   #44
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw photos View Post
Ron,
I wish I could get a set of the slip on cipa mirrors, but they don't make them for a Frontier ( I know.... "get a REAL tow vehicle".....ack ! .....SAVE it !!! ), so since I can't get those, this is what I use, the Milenco Aero 2. They actually work quite well. I even clamped it on there and took a couple pics for "all y'all" ( plural of y'all )

]
Have you tried the cipa 11650 door mirrors? They look like something you would find on a '74 Impala, but they do work very well.

Old 06-07-2013, 08:43 PM   #45
Sbb
begorragirl

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Denville , New Jersey
I just had factory installed tow mirrors put on my 2008 chevy suburban...so far very very pleased. Btw, was just in Longmont couple weeks ago!
2001 Teardrop, Mountain Hardware Tent
For some perfection takes a little longer...
Sbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:03 PM   #46
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
K.C. , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63 View Post
Have you tried the cipa 11650 door mirrors? They look like something you would find on a '74 Impala, but they do work very well.
Thanks for the input, but no, I won't use anything that could potentially scuff the paint on my truck. I know the McKesh is also highly regarded by some, but I rejected it for the same reason. Honestly, after trying some others, I am more than happy with these Milenco aero2's
Old 06-07-2013, 09:23 PM   #47
JDS
2014 Bowlus Road Chief

Cumming , Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw photos View Post
Thanks for the input, but no, I won't use anything that could potentially scuff the paint on my truck. I know the McKesh is also highly regarded by some, but I rejected it for the same reason. Honestly, after trying some others, I am more than happy with these Milenco aero2's
I also use the Milenco aero2's and am very pleased with their performance.

John S.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:55 PM   #48
4 Rivet Member

2013 25' FB Flying Cloud
Longmont , Colorado
Update on Grand Aero, CIPA slip-on

We have 4,000 more miles on our rig. We are still using the Grand Aero mirrors, and still wish they worked better.

On the passenger side mirror of the Yukon, the plastic chrome trim on the lower part of the mirror housing is starting to separate. I don't know what is causing this, but I think there is a chance that the GA mirror is causing it due to the way it flexes the housing. I don't really know.

Also, I did buy a pair of CIPA slip-on mirrors for this 2010 Yukon. I returned them for two reasons:
1) On the passenger side, it did not fit right, and the screw-in locking piece did not mate with the hole it was supposed to go into. So the mirror was not secure.
2) On the driver side, I found that the mirror stuck out about one inch less far than the Grand Aero mirror. So I had less rearward visibility.

On this trip, I visited my brother who has a GMC 3/4 ton pickup, with factory towing mirrors. We compared measurements, and found that when extended, his factory mirrors span less width than my Grand Aeros. I think they would give poor visibility behind a trailer as wide as my wide-body Airstream. But I liked the fact they had both flat and convex reflecting surfaces. I suppose I should have hooked up my trailer to his truck and taken it for a spin--then I'd know.