Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Towing, Tow Vehicles & Hitches
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-18-2014, 04:07 PM   #1
astrocaver

1986 25' Sovereign
Denver , Colorado
Power mover

Has anyone used the Parkit 360 or other power movers to park their trailer?
astrocaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 12:33 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2004 16' International CCD
Chicagoland , Illinois
I will be receiving my Powermovers AC6 by the end of this week. After reviewing all of the options I found that this unit was the best fit for my application. I'll post a report once I've had a chance to play with it.

The guy who builds them is the guy who answers the phone. He's a talker, and he really knows his product. He offers a money-back guarantee - if it doesn't work for you he'll pay to have it shipped back, and he'll refund your money.

Check him out at: Powermovers | MOVING MADE EASY

If the demo on his home page doesn't sell you nothing will.
Airrogant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 05:44 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2004 16' International CCD
Chicagoland , Illinois
I received my AC6 Powermover yesterday. It is stout - generally over-built. It is a well thought-out design - much of it appears to be fabricated by hand. It is VERY easy to use. It requires a little bit of muscle to mechanically connect to the tongue-mounted bracket, but not too much. I suspect it will get easier with practice. Electrical connections include the trailer's 7-way cord, 120 VAC from a wall-outlet (80' cord included), and two clamp leads to connect to your tongue mounted trailer battery (to power the trailer's brakes). During operation I found that I was fighting with it like I always do with my snowblower. When I relaxed the mover did all the work. It is very easy to turn. It moves at just the right speed too. The unit arrived well packaged with no signs of wear. The four bolts that clamp the docking connector onto the tongue of the trailer were too long, so I had to go to the hardware store to get shorter ones. I plan to change out the forward-off-reverse toggle switch with a locking-lever style to make it more difficult to accidentally change the motor direction while in motion (this is apparently very bad for the motor). I was easily able to move my trailer in and out of my garage several times with just a few inches to spare on each side. I kept forgetting to turn off the brakes on the trailer. When I would try to move it the Powermover's wheels would just spin. Each time I would eventually come to my senses and remember to turn off the brakes. Everything works much more smoothly when the brakes are off.

The Powermover has met my high expectations so far. I recommend this product to anyone who needs assistance moving their trailer around in tight quarters.

DISCLAIMER: I didn't receive any discount for my endorsement, but I do hope to get four replacement bolts out of the deal.
Airrogant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 12:43 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2012 28' International
Alameda , California
I have the Parkit 360 with the bigger motor and all-terrain wheels. I use it when parking in tighter spots like my warehouse. I like the brake controller and it just hooks up to the trailer batteries. The unit has worked well and relatively easy to use. I understand now they have accessory wheels for a better stance but that was not needed for me. It's not fast but holds and moves the 950# tongue and the 7000# trailer.
Vitaminsea is offline   Reply With Quote