Old 05-18-2015, 04:20 PM   #1
Currently Looking...
Newnan , Georgia
Newbie & trying to learn...

hi folks
trying to search forums for best place to post questions. all i can see is reply to threads, but no start thread button.

also no search box for general topics

what am I not doing. I am registered.

I want to find info on 1) can a 16 ft bambi be pulled by a toyota corolla and
2) used bambis for sale

sorry as I know I am probably posting in the wrong place but.....

esuebrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 07:48 AM   #2
Rivet Master
1973 21' Globetrotter
Houston , Texas
Welcome to the Forums!

To start a new thread, begin by clicking on the "Forums" tab at the top of the page. Find the Forum (category) that your question best fits into, and click the "start a new thread" link. You must have done this, as your question about a Corolla pulling a trailer is properly placed in the "Tow Vehicles" Forum. There is no need to post the same question in multiple forums, as most people are going to run across it while it shows up on the "New Posts" page anyway.

If you are looking for Bambis for sale, click on the "Classifieds" tab and look at the trailers that are listed there. Bambis are in high demand, so be patient. You might also check Craigslist, ebay, and RVTrader. Just be on the lookout for scams, as they are common.

There is a "Search" function built into the tool bar that is the first you come to below the tabs at the top of the page. Many of us don't find it very effective and have better luck by opening up a separate window, and doing a google search with whatever terms you are searching for plus "Air Forums," and you will usually get a lot closer to what you want.

My guess/opinion on your tow vehicle question is that a Corolla would not be an appropriate tow vehicle for even a Bambi. Note that there are folks on these forums who have figured out how to tow a tractor trailer with a Mini Cooper. Also note that there have been trailers called "Bambi" for around 50 years now, and the weight of them can vary dramatically--ie., you may have a chance of pulling a 1960's era bambi with a Corolla, as they were much lighter back then than they are today.

Good luck!

Belegedhel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 03:30 PM   #3
Currently Looking...
Newnan , Georgia
thanks so much. what a dummie ! I totally missed the very top line where , of course, FORUMS is prominent. thanks so much

and yes, I think that is where I got the wrong idea. I initially searched the history of the 16ft bambi where it was touted as the airstream that was developed with gas useage in mind and people who did NOT want to buy a huge vehicle to pull. it showed a car like a triumph spitfire pulling it. and yes, back then it was , they said , 2000 lbs... being single and not needing two vehicles, I was so hoping that the weight figure would be true. also another writer said that the corolla has a 1500 lb limit. I have to go to toyota next week and am going to ask them.
you mentioned the older models. As well las the Airstreams are made, My guess would be that a 60s, 70s, would still , if taken care of, be worth looking at if it would mean I could have one for the limited use I want to give it.

thans for your time

esuebrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 04:32 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member
2015 16' Sport
Portland , Oregon
As another newbie with a 16' Bambi I'd advise you to also consider that a Bambi does not have much storage space, and throwing all your stuff in the trailer has consequences, among them additional weight. I can't imagine not having the storage space in the SUV along with the Bambi. I'm sure there are minimalist types who do it but we are cooking outside mostly, have chairs, a cooler, a campstove and a propane generator is on the way. Not an expert at this point, but just sayin'
leedav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 10:57 AM   #5
Rivet Master
2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
I'm gonna go ahead and say no, a Toyota Corolla cannot tow a 16' Bambi-
2013 Classic 30 Limited
2007 Silver Toyota Tundra Crew Max Limited 5.7 iForce
2006 Vivid Black Harley-Davidson Road King Classic
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 02:57 PM   #6
Rivet Master
1996 25' Excella
Tillsonburg , Ontario
Agree the Corolla is too small but David Suzuki was pulling a Bambi with a Camry. For those of you south of the border Suzuki is an enviromentalist/journalist prominent here in Canada. On one of his programs he and his daughter were touring and filming ...The AS was not prominently featured but it was a newer Bambi and the tow vehicle looked very Camry.

I was tempted to call CanAm to see if they set up the rig

JCWDCW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 03:40 PM   #7
3 Rivet Member
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Madison , Alabama
A Corolla is a very minimum car that is built to pull itself only. No FWD small engine < 3 liter made w/unibody construct will be suitable or safe as a TV. Apply the trailer weight to FWD & the front wheels, the DRIVE wheels, unload. Not good.
This is why most people use body on frame, RWD or 4WD, V8 or V10 SUV or PU as TV.
These R big, costly, & specialized.
Some RVers try to "get by" with one vehicle, but most realize that the TV stands alone. The TV works plenty hard when towing.
I use a V10 Excursion & a E250 with large displacement FI roller cam V8. Both have power exhaust, tow mods, & CU tuners. I only burn alcohol free gasoline to protect the powerful engines.
Use the Corolla to run errands & to/from work. It will be fine like that. Get a proper TV for an RV trailer & be HAPPY !
Let's Roll !

Wolf Alaska
Wolf Alaska is offline   Reply With Quote