Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-20-2014, 07:47 AM   #1
To Gulls

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Pensacola , Florida
New ASer - tongue jack stuck

We are in Beulah in Pensacola, Florida and wondered if anyone in the area has the tool to manually adjust jack up and down and/or experience that can talk me through what needs to be done? Call Tami at 850-324-1876, or reply here. Many thanks!!!!!
2008 White Toyota Tundra 5.7L V8
"There is no present like the time."
To Gulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 08:19 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2009 23' FB Flying Cloud
Canmore , Alberta
You can remove the cover of the jack (the whole cover, not the three screws on the levelling device on top), and lower/raise the stand manually. It takes quite a bit of work lowering and raising, but is doable in five minutes. I don't remember the nut size, around 1/2 inch I think.

If the jack isn't responding to the switch, try clicking the switch up and down several times. Is the jack light still working? We had difficulty with our electric jack early this summer, the problem was solved when we replaced our batteries.

I PMed you a phone number.
TinTin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 09:07 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Davenport , Iowa
Mine has been blowing fuses lately. Haven't found a short.
Airtandem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 02:37 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Full Time , Texas
You probably have the old style Barker like mine. You'll have to loosen the two set screws to remove the head. Barker supplied a keyed crank tool to insert onto the shaft end that allows you to wind it up and down. When you do this and put the head on you have to run the head in the direction of retraction until the motor stops. Then wind the jack until it's fully retracted then retract one turn then replace the head and tighten the set screws.

Kelvin
KJRitchie is offline   Reply With Quote