Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-10-2011, 03:08 PM   #21
rbs
Rivet Master

2015 30' Classic
Decatur , Illinois
Got the Airstream home

Just completed our 700 mile trip home with our "new" Airstream and very happy to report that everything went very well. The WD hitch setup was in the acceptable range and the trailer pulled very nice, but I plan on tweaking the setup before we pull it again. We pulled in some very heavy cross winds starting out, but the Airstream stayed right behind us, no scarey events. The new Eco Boost motor is more than capable, pulling the 25' Classic was absolutely no challenge for the long hills of Oklahoma and Missouri. I plan on giving a better report in the next few. Thanks to all for the encouragement and advice. We're in heaven.
Rod & Jane
rbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 05:17 AM   #22
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Corpus Christi , Texas
So glad it was a pleasurable experience. And it is amazing how quickly it becomes easy, right? The biggest problem is overconfidence. If hooked up to the right TV they just tow so well you can quickly forget to take that corner a little wider, or keep a little more distance between you and the vehicle in front. Enjoy the machine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner3 View Post
I never have been able to understand why the entrance door is installed so that it is able to blow open going down the road.
I have always heard it is due to the placement of the windows. If the door opened the other way (the right way) it would block the window. At least that is what it would do on mine...

WBCCI 3805
AIR 54011 Since July 2011
casa3805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 05:46 AM   #23
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Question Glad it went well......but!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
Just completed our 700 mile trip home with our "new" Airstream and very happy to report that everything went very well. The WD hitch setup was in the acceptable range and the trailer pulled very nice, but I plan on tweaking the setup before we pull it again. We pulled in some very heavy cross winds starting out, but the Airstream stayed right behind us, no scarey events. The new Eco Boost motor is more than capable, pulling the 25' Classic was absolutely no challenge for the long hills of Oklahoma and Missouri. I plan on giving a better report in the next few. Thanks to all for the encouragement and advice. We're in heaven.
Rod & Jane
BUT....where are the PHOTO's

Sweet Streams..

Bob
Old 12-14-2011, 01:08 PM   #24
rbs
Rivet Master

2015 30' Classic
Decatur , Illinois
Picture

This is the picture we sent to our long distance friends to show off our new baby. They are all happy for us, we are happy for us, just don't get much better than this, can stop smiling.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	new baby 2.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	147070  
rbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 02:32 PM   #25
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Thumbs up

déjà vu

Looks Great...nice combo.

Bob
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 02:34 PM   #26

2011 28' International
Bradford , Massachusetts
The new baby looks great
Good luck
Bjleci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 09:25 AM   #27
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' Classic FB
Fredericksburg , Texas
Valley Hitch

I have a question for the forum. I recently purchased a 2007 27' Classic. It has a gross weight of 9000 lbs and tongue weight of 900 lbs. I tow with a Ford super crew Eco-boost. I have an old Valley WD hitch that has as the only identifiers C-613 and 1 1/4" bars. I don't know if this hitch is right for my setup. Can Anyone shed some light on this?
Thanks. Ron
Morgan guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 09:32 AM   #28
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Ron,

Have you gone to the scales for a "loaded" weight? I believe the GVW of your trailer is about 7600lbs.

Bob
Old 12-15-2011, 10:21 AM   #29
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' Classic FB
Fredericksburg , Texas
Weight

A trip to the scales is next on my agenda. I live way out in the country so it will be at least a half day trip. Thanks
Morgan guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 02:17 AM   #30
1 Rivet Member

You MUST follow the new trailer ownership ritual upon first hookup and before pulling away.
1. Light birthday candle or incense and walk thru trailer while repeating the Wally Byam Creed. This will dispell any bad juju or lingering mother in law energy.
2. Pour you and your partner in crime a shot of tequila or other intoxicating liquor and splash a dash over the hitch while proclaiming trailer by name,,,yes you must name your trailer.
3. Close top vents and put step up, check 3x that the pin in in the trailer hitch at the ball and the receiver has its pin in....3x!
4. Get in tow vehicle adjust mirrors, say Hail Mary or pray to whatever God pleases you and GO!!
wasteer123 is offline   Reply With Quote