Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Towing, Tow Vehicles & Hitches
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-18-2019, 03:58 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2020 25' Flying Cloud
Atlanta , Georgia
Mirror adjustment

This is excessively wonky, and I apologize for wonkiness in advance. As my flurry of other posts suggests, we just brought our new 25' FC back to Atlanta and I'm trying to get used to it. The beast's behavior is very much different than our 22'. So I'm trying to identify all the variables and fix them.

One thing that occurs to me is that maybe I have my mirrors adjusted wrong. There are five mirrors in my visual field:

--Extreme left side towing mirror on one of those extended mirror things;
--Left side stock truck mirror (divided into a more or less flat and a convex mirror)
--Rear view mirror (irrelevant to this discussion)
--Right side stock truck mirror (ditto above)
--Extreme right side towing mirror on one of those extended mirror things

I'm not really getting any useful information from the mirrors at all. I used to be able to use the towing mirrors to see my trailer wheels and my stock mirrors to see the relative position of the truck and trailer. Now, I'm just getting a bunch of pretty useless information. And as another of my posts indicates, the back up mirror might as well just be shut off.

So, how do ya'll adjust all those mirrors?
Belbein is offline   Reply With Quote