Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Towing, Tow Vehicles & Hitches
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-06-2016, 07:35 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2017 27' Flying Cloud
Greer , South Carolina
LevelMatePro

Anyone try this system with their AS?

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
Cispook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 10:14 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB International
Metuchen , New Jersey
Seems like a good system. If this was paired with the Andersen Camper Wheel Chock and Leveler then it would make sense to consider this, but to incorporate the LevelMatePro ($140.00) into an existing block setup would be unwise.
GenXair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 10:32 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Looks like a very expensive replacement for a $2.00 bubble level. Now if it were connected directly to a jacking system it might have value.

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 10:36 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member

houston , Texas
i dunno, this looks cool to me!
Old 06-06-2016, 10:44 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2005 30' Classic
Burlington , Ontario
Interesting idea, and I suppose potentially has some advantages, but these days I find myself moving away from more and more expensive electronic gadgets and back to simpler things!

Probably due to the cost of the gadgets and frustration when they don't work properly or the batteries fail when I need them!

For example I could never see a whole lot of point in an electronic compass! The original model is pretty darn simple and there isn't a whole lot to go wrong with it!

Another example I struggle with is electronic digital calipers - I have several and it just seems that whenever I pick one up to use it the button cell batteries have given up the ghost!

Quicker just to pick up my old standby calipers with the mechanical dial indicator rather than change batteries in the digital one only to find they have gone flat again next time I want to use it!

Must be a sign of old age! I used to be addicted to every new electronic gadget that came along bit more and more I find myself following the "KISS" principle!

Brian.

2005 Classic 30'
Hensley Arrow / Centramatics
2008 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD,4x4,Crew Cab, Diesel, Leer cap.
Wingeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 11:30 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2017 27' Flying Cloud
Greer , South Carolina
Does have a cool factor ... Don't personally see one in my future

Cispook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 07:40 AM   #7
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
alexandria , Kentucky
Looks like an expensive gimmick to me..... the big bubble level on the front of my trailer does a great job!
Technology = frustration! - often takes more time than its worth. - the older I get the more I despise technology.
I am getting to be a curmudgeon in my late 40's!
Hensley Arrow hitch with adjustable stinger
WBCCI # 3072
crispyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 08:08 AM   #8
3 Rivet Member

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Sunriver , Oregon
Levelmatepro

I use a level bubble download on my Iphone for free works great.
mcomeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 08:41 AM   #9
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
The I phone has a built in level that no one know about. Open the compass and slid the screen to the left. it is not the common bubble level that most of us are familiar with but it works.

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 08:43 AM   #10
1987 Avion 34W owner

Vintage Kin Owner
Good Ol' , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowieE View Post
The I phone has a built in level that no one know about. Open the compass and slid the screen to the left. it is not the common bubble level that most of us are familiar with but it works.

I know about it.... And use it!

PaulnGina
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F250 7.3L PowerStroke

Blessed and highly favored
PaulnGina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 09:54 AM   #11
Home of Vortex tuning

2013 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Spearfish , South Dakota
As to the bubble on the jack for leveling, I have found that the bubble moves if there is any slack in the wheel chocks. The rig will move forward/back when unhitching a little bit, moving the jack head. I re zeroed the jack bubble a few times until I saw what was happening. I use the cheap dual levels stuck on the side.
Old 06-13-2016, 08:12 PM   #12
Site Team

2009 25' FB International
2018 27' Globetrotter
Tavares , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingeezer View Post
Interesting idea, and I suppose potentially has some advantages, but these days I find myself moving away from more and more expensive electronic gadgets and back to simpler things!

Probably due to the cost of the gadgets and frustration when they don't work properly or the batteries fail when I need them!

For example I could never see a whole lot of point in an electronic compass! The original model is pretty darn simple and there isn't a whole lot to go wrong with it!

Another example I struggle with is electronic digital calipers - I have several and it just seems that whenever I pick one up to use it the button cell batteries have given up the ghost!

Quicker just to pick up my old standby calipers with the mechanical dial indicator rather than change batteries in the digital one only to find they have gone flat again next time I want to use it!

Must be a sign of old age! I used to be addicted to every new electronic gadget that came along bit more and more I find myself following the "KISS" principle!

Brian.
I'm not sure it's old age but I'm in agreement. The toys are nice but can be overwhelming and enslaving! I ditched my electronic calipers for a mechanical dial for the exact same reasons you mentioned. But to each his own!
Hans627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 09:18 AM   #13
2 Rivet Member

2017 23' International
Decatur , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowieE View Post
New to me! Love this Forum.
HD Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 06:40 AM   #14

2013 22' FB Sport
Spring , Texas
Thumbs up LevelMatePRO...I say YESSSS!

Howdy forum,

Just ran across this forum and really like it. Lots of good information and tips!

I took a chance and purchased one of these and love it. It is accurate as the company states and I use Camco leveling blocks so knowing how high to stack them has been a real time saver. But surprisingly the feature I like the most is being able to save my hitch height when I disconnect. It allows me to recall the saved hitch height when I get ready to head out. This generally saves me several trips in and out of the truck at a time when I am ready to just get down the road.
txcampguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 01:08 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2008 22' Safari
Spicewood (W of Austin) , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingeezer View Post

Brian.
I use the calculator within my smartphone even tho' I found the operating manual for my 1960's slide-rule used at NASA..... I still don't like to re-read it every time I need a simple answer.
Boxite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 07:48 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
Sigh. I still have my K&E Deci-Lon slide rule, and found a copy of the book.

The slide rule is the one I went to college with in the 60's.

Sent from my pocket Internet using Airstream Forums
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 10:00 PM   #17
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 26
Morrill , Nebraska
The first time I saw a digital wrist watch was when an engineer friend of mine showed his new $500 watch. Remember the red digits and nothing else displayed like date etc.. Back in the early '70's.
I asked if he knew why they invented that watch. He said "No, Why". I said "It's for those who can't tell the big hand from the little one".
I came across my old Picket slide rule a while back. Now I can't remember where it is. Should I be worried?
TG Twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 10:46 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
It will be just fine. The slide rule will be ok.

Sent from my pocket Internet using Airstream Forums
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 02:08 PM   #19
1 Rivet Member

LevelMatePro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cispook View Post
Anyone try this system with their AS?

Just used my LevelMatePro for the first time with Anderson Levelers and a ProPride. I really like it for the time savings and lack of arguments with the DW as to whether we are level enough side to side, LOL.

The hitch height save and recall function saves having to get out of the TV for a "final" stinger height adjustment. Just keep backing up into the main unit.

Setup is very simple and use is intuitive. No PhD required. A great product, already one of my favourites and I have no regrets getting it.
slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 03:26 PM   #20
Site Team

2009 25' FB International
2018 27' Globetrotter
Tavares , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by slow View Post
Just used my LevelMatePro for the first time with Anderson Levelers and a ProPride. I really like it for the time savings and lack of arguments with the DW as to whether we are level enough side to side, LOL.

The hitch height save and recall function saves having to get out of the TV for a "final" stinger height adjustment. Just keep backing up into the main unit.

Setup is very simple and use is intuitive. No PhD required. A great product, already one of my favourites and I have no regrets getting it.
I trying to understand how it is used. Does the device itself have to be placed in the AS on a level spot (like the floor or counter top)? Does it then need to be calibrated to that spot?

Thanks!
Hans627 is offline   Reply With Quote