Old 07-07-2016, 08:51 AM   #15
1 Rivet Member

2016 22' Sport
Grays , Illinois
Thanks Boxite....I was going to send pictures to you, but they don't seem to attach. My truck is also new. Both chevy and airstream say that is the way it is. I am currently at the chevy dealer waiting to hear why my brake controller and head lights on truck not working. Wondering if the plug caused a short.

Old 07-07-2016, 09:08 AM   #16
Rivet Master

2009 25' FB International
Hanover , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSueMac View Post
Hi again, Mimiandrews. I remembered you asked this question here and also snagged a pic of how I do mine. One end is looped on the cable and when plugged in, I wrap it around the lid and it holds everything in very well.

Here's one vendor but you can get them anywhere (Walmart, Home Depot, etc). http://m.delcity.net/store/Grip-Stri...Fckehgodd48NLw

Attachment 263280
Is that an extension added to the length of the cord coming from the AS? The reason I ask is that it seems as though mine is too short and am concerned about making tight turns. I would feel more comfortable if it was longer.

Thanks!

Old 07-09-2016, 07:14 AM   #17
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans627 View Post
Is that an extension added to the length of the cord coming from the AS? The reason I ask is that it seems as though mine is too short and am concerned about making tight turns. I would feel more comfortable if it was longer.

Thanks!

Sure! Yes it is an extension. I thought I only needed about 8 or so inches. I got one at an RV store that was about 3' long and just cut it down and reattached the plug.

I have to admit however that I don't know how to determine what is too much or not enough slack on the cord for turns. Maybe some wise forum folks could fill us in? 😀