Old 01-17-2016, 05:50 AM   #57
Rivet Master

2012 16' International
Jamestown , Rhode Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSueMac View Post
Good idea! Didn't you and Dorsey do one that was pretty much a straight shot? Showing access by multiple angles, tilt of the head assembly, how the WD jacks can be adjusts to align with the stinger on uphill/downhill approaches etc. would be great! I know there's a campground owner who would have been glad if I had known this stuff in my first year with it 😳😃
It is always a straight shot if you understand how it works Steve.
We will have to do a little video on how the jacks impact the angle of the hitch.
I think the worst time I ever had with the hitch required about 2 extra minutes to deal with and we have been in some strange spots with out trailer!
Bruce

Old 01-17-2016, 07:47 AM   #58
Rivet Master

2005 30' Classic
Burlington , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce B View Post
It is always a straight shot if you understand how it works Steve.
We will have to do a little video on how the jacks impact the angle of the hitch.
I think the worst time I ever had with the hitch required about 2 extra minutes to deal with and we have been in some strange spots with out trailer!
Bruce
Great idea, would love to see a video. I "think" I know the tricks for an easy hookup with the Hensley now after lots of experimenting, but there's always something to learn!

Brian.

2005 Classic 30'
Hensley Arrow / Centramatics
2008 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD,4x4,Crew Cab, Diesel, Leer cap.
Wingeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 10:28 AM   #59
Rivet Master

2012 16' International
Jamestown , Rhode Island
We are getting ready to head out of here but after we settle in to the routine of the trip We'll try to get something together.
BB
Old 01-18-2016, 04:13 PM   #60
Storm Master

2005 25' Classic
Austin , Texas
Our stream came with a Hensley. At first I thought I was in way over my head. Spent a short while on YouTube and got to hitchin. Short learning curve and easy to master. No problems and love the control. Knowing what I know now I would do it all over again. Biased I guess. Great hitch and easy to master.
Old 01-21-2016, 05:38 PM   #61
1 Rivet Member

2014 23' FB Flying Cloud
1998 34' Excella 1000
Apache Junction , Arizona
The foot on my 2014 23 FB FC was removed when I used a 3/4 socket on it from the bottom.
Old 02-28-2017, 06:44 AM   #62
2 Rivet Member

2010 27' FB Classic
LINCOLNTON , North Carolina
Our "new to us" AS will have a Hensley. Coming from MH's and fifth wheels, this is all new to me so I thank you in advance for your knowledge.

Our driveway is an uphill incline from the street. Is there a limitation for the Hensley in Uphill/Downhill? Do I need to do anything with it before backing up?

Our driveway is a blind side, uphill maneuver and I have mastered it with the fifth wheel but I don't want to damage the AS through my own ignorance. LOL
Old 03-01-2017, 08:36 AM   #63
3 Rivet Member

2007 30' Classic
Ayr , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCMEDIC View Post
Our driveway is an uphill incline from the street. Is there a limitation for the Hensley in Uphill/Downhill? Do I need to do anything with it before backing up?
Not any more than any other hitch. The only thing you need to be careful of is that all of the angles on the hitch are met when hooking it up. To do this you need to be up against the trailer with the stinger and match the height and the side to side angle and the front to back angle. To make this easier to hook up you need to watch out when unhooking it. Don't park you TV on a root or in a dip. Try to find an area where the ground is constant for at least a foot so that you can match the angles of the stinger. If your driveway is paved this won't be an issue. But on camp grounds you need to pay more attention.