Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-07-2012, 01:28 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1985 31' Limited
Nellysford , Virginia
Thumbs up Great deal on mirrors

I tow my 31' Limited with a 2500 Suburban with folding mirrors. They "work" for towing but I was looking for something that could get me a little "further" out. I decided on CIPA and went on an internet search......found them on Amazon for $21 for the pair. Site said they had some "Used". The dealer site said "used but in new condition". They arrived in the original undamaged box with all parts, etc. Can't beat the price. They give me just enough side vision that I am happy with them.
If you are looking for CIPA mirrors, try Amazon.
RTurnConn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 02:05 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

I've always been happy with my CIPA mirrors, had them first on my 99 Burb and now on the 07 2500 GMC pick-up. They come on and off easily, the mirrors fold back easily when CIPAs are attached, and I have never had one come off when the rig has been in motion. Am not certain they would work with the new wide body trailers, but for my "88 they are fine. I wish I had known about their being available on Amazon. If I remember correctly, I paid quite a bit more for them at Camping World.
Old 01-07-2012, 02:09 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Eureka , California
Which CIPA model did you get? I got my CIPAs from Amazon about 3 weeks ago, but paid the new price of $71 and free shipping. They are the clamp on tear drops. I have a Suburban too, and I like the fact that with the CIPA mirrors on I can still fold in my mirrors once parked. (I've walked into extended mirrors too many times!) They are great mirrors and adjust easily.
redwoodguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 02:29 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

1985 31' Limited
Nellysford , Virginia
Cops

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwoodguy View Post
Which CIPA model did you get? I got my CIPAs from Amazon about 3 weeks ago, but paid the new price of $71 and free shipping. They are the clamp on tear drops. I have a Suburban too, and I like the fact that with the CIPA mirrors on I can still fold in my mirrors once parked. (I've walked into extended mirrors too many times!) They are great mirrors and adjust easily.
These are the "slide on" style. They look like OEM mirrors save for the knob that tightens them. Maybe I got lucky on the model I needed. These are not the clamp on........oh, BTW I got free shipping too........21 bucks!
Old 01-07-2012, 02:31 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Red, these are the CIPAs: https://towngosolutions.3dcartstores...ror_p_729.html

These are the Aero 2s you have in your
avitar: https://www.makariosrv.com/products/...-Products.html

I had a pair of CIPAs with my wide body. They provided OK view of rear...think I paid about double of the OPs Amazon price. For full price I'd definitely choose the Aero 2s. Much better product IMHO. My CIPAs wopuld loosen in the rain (never fell off, just tilted down). After a year they began cracking at the feet mounting points.

BUT.........$21 a pair....that's pretty awesome.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 02:35 PM   #6
3 Rivet Member

1985 31' Limited
Nellysford , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by dznf0g View Post

I had a pair of CIPAs with my wide body. They provided OK view of rear...think I paid about double of the OPs Amazon price. For full price I'd definitely choose the Aero 2s. Much better product IMHO. My CIPAs wopuld loosen in the rain (never fell off, just tilted down). After a year they began cracking at the feet mounting points.

BUT.........$21 a pair....that's pretty awesome.

No, those are not the Cipa's I bought, mine are SLIDE ON model 10900 and they "ain't" gonna slip! No way they can.
Old 01-07-2012, 02:56 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
OK, yeah, I found them on the CIPA site. Those would be solid....I think you're right though. Those prolly wouldn't show enough on a wide body.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
Old 01-07-2012, 03:07 PM   #8
3 Rivet Member

1985 31' Limited
Nellysford , Virginia
Quote:
OK, yeah, I found them on the CIPA site. Those would be solid....I think you're right though. Those prolly wouldn't show enough on a wide body.
Maybe, but 85's aren't wide bodies so I am good to go as they say.
Old 01-07-2012, 03:11 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Right, that was Pat Conway that said that...sorry.

Old 01-08-2012, 08:41 AM   #10
4 Rivet Member

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Eureka , California
Quote:

ha ha - well DUH, I forgot what mirrors I bought! Senior moment. I had been looking at the many CIPA models so long! Thanks for the correction there.

Aero 2, Aero 2, Aero 2! Ok, I think I got it now.
redwoodguy is offline   Reply With Quote