Old 11-09-2017, 06:42 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2017 26' Flying Cloud
2018 28' Flying Cloud
Kaleden (near Penticton) , British Columbia
Good Sam Roadside assistance

We will be travelling from British Columbia to Palm Springs in a month and back 2 months later. We have a new GMC Sierra and a new trailer. Is it worth for us to get Good Sam Roadside assistance? Your advice would be appreciated for us Newbies.

Roxy59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 07:00 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Davenport , Iowa
I have it and have used it twice. Once involved a tow; I had a MOHO, and the other was a flat tire. They were prompt and did NOT cost me a thing. I am NOT associated with GS.
mj

Airtandem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 07:15 PM   #3
halfloaf

2018 16' Sport
Cary , NC
If it is a new Airstream you have, it came with 2 years of roadside assistance. I have roadside assistance packages coming out my ears with my new Airstream so I'm not certain, but read the fine print - I believe that one also covers the tow vehicle. And if you have a new car... a lot of them come with roadside assistance these days too. Even if it was a used car from a large dealer (my used CarMax car has a roadside assistance package). So you're probably in the same boat I am... more roadside assistance packages than you can shake a stick at.
halfloaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 11:34 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2018 28' International
Renton , Washington
Do a search on this. There are many reviews both for and against. We bought it last year but haven’t used it. It covers any vehicle we are driving or pulling. Issues if I remember correctly revolved around lack of prompt support if you weren’t at a physical address.
Wconley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 04:52 AM   #5
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Gainesville , Florida
Have used it twice. Very good service!
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 10:23 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1988 29' Excella
Collinsville , Illinois
We have used it twice with the trailer and a few times at home with our other cars. We have been very pleased with the service and have never been charged for any of the calls.
mcair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 11:03 AM   #7
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
1993 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Estancia , New Mexico
Response time depends on where and when you need it. Last year I blew a trailer tire in Payson Arizona on a Sunday. Operator told me it would be at least 90 minutes for a response. So I put on a spare and hit the road. If you need a tow they will only tow you to the nearest location you can get service. But it is good insurance concerning being stuck in the middle of nowhere. Does get you better prices at Camping World, and you can go to Samboree rallies if you want. Good Sam will however keep trying to sell you all kinds of insurance.
Old 11-10-2017, 02:55 PM   #8
4 Rivet Member

Mountain View , California
My TV and the trailer needed to be towed. I was blocking the road, so cops called a local towing company to take me out of the road asap. Good Sam reimbursed me for this service >$1k. This was pretty fast. However, their call center...? OMG, I was standing in the middle of the road, blocking the traffic and the dispatch person was asking me about the color of the car, diesel / gas, etc...
bono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 04:13 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
I have it but haver never had to test its quality or effectiveness. I am hoping I never do.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 06:20 PM   #10
Fuil-Timers

2005 25' International CCD
Everywhere , North America
Send a message via Skype™ to DreamStreamr
This past year we twice called for road side assistance for flat tire on our truck. Their estimated arrival time was far slower than me just finding the jack and doing it myself. So both times we cancelled before they arrived.

Much more fun was when I sunk the truck, still hitched to the trailer, to its axles. Good Sam delivered a truck to us in less than 1/2 hour and in less than that they had us out of the stuck spot. Very nice, considerate and effective service. Reinforced for us the value of the service agreement.

Jim N5RTG
dreamstreamr.com
dreamstreamr.wordpress.com
DreamStreamr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 11:35 PM   #11
Rivet Master

2014 25' FB International
2007 20' Safari SE
2005 19' Safari
Qualicum Beach , British Columbia
Wouldn't leave home without it.

gandttimes is offline   Reply With Quote