Old 09-26-2007, 07:31 AM   #29
Rivet Master

2008 30' Classic S/O
Dearborn , Michigan
I’m sure somebody, somewhere can justify moving a king sized mattress and box spring strapped to the roof of their Toyota, pulling their dead Honda with tow straps, while talking on the cell and eating a tofu sandwich

My point is: somewhere before rolling down the road, you need to toss the formulas and physics, look at the rig, and say ‘not a good idea’

Btw- the above scenario is based on true events.

Well, actually, I can’t be sure it was a tofu sandwich…

Old 09-26-2007, 10:50 AM   #30
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
Hey!!! Hold on a minute!!!!!

I will have you know that there is absolutely nothing wrong with Tofu Sandwiches....

as long as they have enough meat in them .

We saw a mattress on the road recently with cars doing their best to avoid it and a few moments later caught up with the folks in a 90's Taurus with the rest of the bed still strapped to the roof. We honked a dozen times till they turned the stereo down and told them they'd lost the mattress and right there, in the middle of a four lane non-divided highway while still clipping along at a fast pace he suddenly does a 180 and is gone back to retrieve it. Now put that fellow behind the wheel of anything with a trailer behind it and I'd be positive of a crash. I did not see any signs of tofu sandwiches but it smelled a bit like they could have been smoking it instead.

Barry

Old 09-27-2007, 05:21 AM   #31
Rivet Master

2008 30' Classic S/O
Dearborn , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by safari57
Hey!!! Hold on a minute!!!!!

I will have you know that there is absolutely nothing wrong with Tofu Sandwiches....

as long as they have enough meat in them .

We saw a mattress on the road recently with cars doing their best to avoid it and a few moments later caught up with the folks in a 90's Taurus with the rest of the bed still strapped to the roof. We honked a dozen times till they turned the stereo down and told them they'd lost the mattress and right there, in the middle of a four lane non-divided highway while still clipping along at a fast pace he suddenly does a 180 and is gone back to retrieve it. Now put that fellow behind the wheel of anything with a trailer behind it and I'd be positive of a crash. I did not see any signs of tofu sandwiches but it smelled a bit like they could have been smoking it instead.

Barry
LOL