Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-03-2017, 11:25 AM   #29
Rivet Master
 
2017 30' Classic
Anna Maria , Florida
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outdoorpeak View Post
Hi all. I've looked online, and the only way I can get the Ford online configurator to configure an F150 with the HDPP (Heavy Duty Payload Package) is by selecting a Lariat SuperCab. When I change body style to Crew, it no longer gives the HDPP option. Does anyone know if HDPP is available on a 2017 F150 SuperCrew? I'm comparing it against an F250 for purposes of towing my future AS (considering FC25 through 30 Classic).

Go with the F-250 Diesel for your classic. You will not regret it.
I went through the same mental gymnastics last December wanting to replace our 2012 F-150 Eco that was pulling our 30' International.
By the time I got done configuring the F-150 HDPP with its restriction it made no sense to me. I special ordered a 2017 F-250 Lariat Ultimate instead which allowed me to get everything the way I wanted.
__________________

franklyfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 02:29 PM   #30
Rivet Master
 
kscherzi's Avatar
 
2013 27' FB International
El Dorado Hills , California
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,242
Images: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKB_SATX View Post
Well I don't know the exact payload yet because I won't have the truck for a few weeks yet, but I expect it to be around 1800 lb for my 4x4. Here's the window sticker (no, I'm not paying that much!)
I ordered the exact same truck with minor differences. White Platinum instead of Blue Jeans paint color, and black interior. Did not get the box steps or wheel well liners. Did get adaptive cruise control and rubber floor mats. Everything else the same. I order the truck early in December. The dealer said yesterday it arrives next week, it's built and supposedly nearby in the "mixing yard". I think that's where the train yard is. I was hoping to see between 1,600 and 1,700 lbs of payload, so if its closer to 1,800 lbs that will be great.
__________________

kscherzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 02:35 PM   #31
Moderator
 
DKB_SATX's Avatar

 
2017 26' Flying Cloud
1976 Argosy 28
Alamo Heights , Texas
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 7,160
Images: 1
Blog Entries: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherzi View Post
I ordered the exact same truck with minor differences. White Platinum instead of Blue Jeans paint color, and black interior. Did not get the box steps or wheel well liners. Did get adaptive cruise control and rubber floor mats. Everything else the same. I order the truck early in December. The dealer said yesterday it arrives next week, it's built and supposedly nearby in the "mixing yard". I think that's where the train yard is. I was hoping to see between 1,600 and 1,700 lbs of payload, so if its closer to 1,800 lbs that will be great.
I drove a KR Supercrew FX4 short-box with the tailgate step, no sunroof, not max tow but the big fuel tank when I was test driving, its payload was within a few pounds of 1750 (I think it was 1746 but I didn't take a picture of the tag, just looked at it and thought "That'll do fine.") I didn't order FX4 because it's a lot of money for cheap shocks, skid plates and some software ("Hill Descent") that I don't need. My "offroad" is driving onto fields where rallies are held, etc. I think FX4 costs a tiny bit on payload because of the skid plates but it's hard to say, pretty much every 4wd F150 on dealer lots in Texas has the package.

My box-side steps may cost me more than FX4 saves me, weight-wise, but worth every ounce for a guy who can't quite reach over to the bottom of the bed from the side on a 2wd truck...
__________________
David

Zero Gravitas 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | Il Progetto 1976 Argosy 28 Center Bath | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 03:39 PM   #32
Rivet Master
 
Landrum's Avatar
 
2014 25' FB International
Little Rock , Arkansas
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherzi View Post
...... I order the truck early in December. The dealer said yesterday it arrives next week, it's built and supposedly nearby in the "mixing yard". I think that's where the train yard is....


Wow.......two months. I placed my order Feb 1. Guess I might have a long wait....
Landrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 03:52 PM   #33
Moderator
 
DKB_SATX's Avatar

 
2017 26' Flying Cloud
1976 Argosy 28
Alamo Heights , Texas
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 7,160
Images: 1
Blog Entries: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landrum View Post
Wow.......two months. I placed my order Feb 1. Guess I might have a long wait....
There were some early delays. My time from initial order in January to projected delivery is about 6 wks. Of course, I don't HAVE my truck yet, but we're still within that window. They haven't pushed back the estimated delivery so far.
__________________
David

Zero Gravitas 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | Il Progetto 1976 Argosy 28 Center Bath | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 04:06 PM   #34
D44
3 Rivet Member
 
D44's Avatar
 
2017 25' Flying Cloud
Lawn Guyland , New York
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 112
Last year we purchased a 2016 XLT F-150 SuperCrew with the HD Payload package with a payload sticker of 2434 lbs. 2017 should be similar; Lariat trim with HDPP is probably a bit lower.
__________________
Walt
WBCCI - 29375
D44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 06:21 PM   #35
Rivet Master
 
2015 25' Flying Cloud
2016 30' Flying Cloud
Blenheim Ontario , Ontario
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 1,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outdoorpeak View Post
Hi all. I've looked online, and the only way I can get the Ford online configurator to configure an F150 with the HDPP (Heavy Duty Payload Package) is by selecting a Lariat SuperCab. When I change body style to Crew, it no longer gives the HDPP option. Does anyone know if HDPP is available on a 2017 F150 SuperCrew? I'm comparing it against an F250 for purposes of towing my future AS (considering FC25 through 30 Classic).
I went through the same confusion on their web site.
It seems that the Ford web-master marches to his own drummer, rather than following convention.
MelGoddard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 06:49 PM   #36
2 Rivet Member
 
Outdoorpeak's Avatar
 
Currently Looking...
Charlestown , Massachusetts
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by D44 View Post
Last year we purchased a 2016 XLT F-150 SuperCrew with the HD Payload package with a payload sticker of 2434 lbs. 2017 should be similar; Lariat trim with HDPP is probably a bit lower.


Hmmm. So you CAN (or could) get HD payload on a Crew? Very interesting. I wonder if 2017 is different.
Outdoorpeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 06:59 PM   #37
Rivet Master
 
Landrum's Avatar
 
2014 25' FB International
Little Rock , Arkansas
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outdoorpeak View Post
Hmmm. So you CAN (or could) get HD payload on a Crew? Very interesting. I wonder if 2017 is different.


Yes. I just ordered a 2017 Lariat Supercrew with HD Payload/Max Tow. You have to get the 6.5' bed in order to get the HD payload.
Landrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 09:02 PM   #38
Rivet Master
 
2015 25' Flying Cloud
2016 30' Flying Cloud
Blenheim Ontario , Ontario
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 1,263
Well, for what it's worth; I have a 2015 F-150 EcoBeast, 3.5l, 3.55, HD tow, 20" wheels that tows a 30' FC rather well, using an Ezy-lift hitch with friction bars. .
My avg. tow wt. is about 8000#; Fuel Milage? About 22 litres/100 KM. using our STOOPID method of expressing it. The Ford on it's own, gets about 12-14 L/100 Km.
By the way; the Ford has a six speed tranny, and I NEVER use the sixth gear at any time. It's too 'long legged' to be of use, and is dangerous to the engine by 'lugging' it.
I just don't understand the need for a ten speed, when our engines have a good speed range.

Look after your equipment, it will look after you.
MelGoddard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 12:44 AM   #39
3 Rivet Member
 
2011 27 FB International
Vancouver , British Columbia
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 219
Briefly scanned this thread, seems lots of people are still trying to figure out weights. Ford for some stupid reason doesn't make it easy, I cant really understand why they don't provide an estimate in the build system. I put together a spreadsheet based on data they released for 2016 (2017 shouldnt be much different).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...MldhH6IDOYhy_0
mixedpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 10:07 AM   #40
Rivet Master
 
2017 30' Classic
Anna Maria , Florida
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsydad View Post
Not sure about where you are, but my dealer is telling me around $10-11K discount; I got my 2012 for $12K discount last time....I am pushing him (Ford) for more as the GM guys I used in the past are offering $13K discount right now on 2017 1500 LTX....loaded. Best way to get this ball rolling with a dealer is to start with the internet guy or manager on the phone...waste of time to go down there and let them work you over. Only go once your in the ball park of what you want to pay... my 2 cents...

GM can offer the larger discount because their trucks are built in Mexico and imported tax free. Labor cost for them in Mexico is 20% of the U.S. Auto worker.
franklyfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 10:31 AM   #41
Rivet Master
 
gypsydad's Avatar

 
2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Austin (winter) Lincoln MT (summer) , Texas & Montana
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,689
Not true...you can get with 5.6 bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landrum View Post
Yes. I just ordered a 2017 Lariat Supercrew with HD Payload/Max Tow. You have to get the 6.5' bed in order to get the HD payload.
You can get the short bed, Supercrew, with the Max Trailer Tow Package, which includes the 36G tank. It is offered on all models except "Limited or Rapter". But, it's when you start "adding in" all the other options, with the Platinum and King Ranch models, that the Payload goes way down, from what I have seen. That is why a nicely loaded Lariat like the one speced below (from David), is a great solution for the F150. Should come in at 1800lbs+

gypsydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 03:42 PM   #42
2 Rivet Member
 
Outdoorpeak's Avatar
 
Currently Looking...
Charlestown , Massachusetts
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsydad View Post


You can get the short bed, Supercrew, with the Max Trailer Tow Package, which includes the 36G tank. It is offered on all models except "Limited or Rapter". But, it's when you start "adding in" all the other options, with the Platinum and King Ranch models, that the Payload goes way down, from what I have seen. That is why a nicely loaded Lariat like the one speced below (from David), is a great solution for the F150. Should come in at 1800lbs+



I'm looking forward to hearing what the final payload comes in at on this truck. If it DOES come in at 1800+, I think it's the perfect solution. Plenty of tow/payload in a nice, useable every-day vehicle. When does it arrive?
__________________

Outdoorpeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
F250 SuperCab or Crew Cab - TV length parking lot issues? Outdoorpeak Tow Vehicles 59 02-16-2017 06:27 AM
"heavy duty" 2012 ford f150, 4wd, supercab for sale Livinatincan Airstream Classifieds 0 09-04-2015 07:17 PM
Update on towing 5,270# TT with '78 F150 Supercab 6.6L w/ 2.75 rear end Scottbral Tow Vehicles 13 04-15-2009 12:51 PM
Towing 5200# TT w/1978 F150 Supercab with 6.6L engine & 2.75 rear end and 235/75/15's Scottbral Tow Vehicles 2 04-04-2009 09:10 AM


Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Airstream, Inc. or any of its affiliates. Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.