Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2012, 07:12 PM   #21
4 Rivet Member

1976 27' Overlander
Missoula , Montana
Mefly - WILCO! And I did read about the bar grinding... actually one of the reasons I asked if it was the couplers that were different, or the bars between 6K and 10K models.

Jim, I did read your post - and thanks for the reminder - I'll go back and read it again! And, thanks Aaron about the water tank tip!
OilnH2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:28 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2006 22' International CCD
2007 Base Camp
Elk Valley , British Columbia
The heads all have different part numbers for the weight they are rated for... so I'm assuming there is some difference. The load bars are a separate issue... you can use lighter or heavier bars if you find you need more or less lift. If you are only transferring a few hundred pounds, the 600 lb bars will be fine - you'll just get more flex from them then going to 1000 lb bars. More flex give you a squishier ride... possibly some porpoising if your tow vehicle has crappy shocks...
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:08 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
On the Equal-I-Zer brand, the bars are not interchangeable among different rated models. The reason is the bars are thicker for larger weight rating, and the head is fitted tightly to that particular size bar. A larger bar will not fit a smaller head, and smaller bar will be loose in a larger head, loosing its friction point for sway control.

doug k
dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote