Well, I'm back from my mini-vacation. I put the trailer and truck on a Ferry to an island in Lake Erie and went to the State Park Campground.
1. There was a slight grade/hill coming off the ferry - the truck could only pull the camper 1/2 way up - stopped and would not budge one more inch - had to have the ferry people tow us up the hill - they weren't happy and turned us toward a dead-end at the top of the hill instead of heading us toward the road. We had to get ourselves turned around - took a while but we managed (quite the vocabulary was involved).
2. Took a tour around the island after setting up camp. Got back to the campsite and the truck died when put into reverse - jump, stall in forward or reverse - dead in the water - or on-the-island.
3. Called AAA who sent a flatbed truck over on the ferry and took the truck away. Now stuck on an island with no truck. I had a free tow up to 100 miles - we live 90 miles - Phew!
4. Had to stay an extra night because AAA (thank God I purchased AAA+ plus RV) couldn't get the trailer towed until Thursday (another 100 mile free tow) so I had to send my boyfriend home - his parents met him at the ferry station (2 hr. drive) so he could go to work yesterday.
5. The cost of the truck transmission + ferry trips for towing ------ $4,000.
6. The floor near the closet in the trailer is now squeeking and creaking when walked over.
This has not been my week - I may be setting up a website to take donations for transmission! (and trailer repair?)