Old 04-14-2015, 12:50 AM   #57
Rivet Master
2016 30' International
Scottsdale , Arizona
Road Geezer... I believe that you will be very well-served with the 3/4 ton Duramax/Allison option. There is significant "headroom" with this option.

Numbers-wise, we could have stayed with our Yukon Denali towing the 30' Flying Cloud, but in the end, I believe it is better to go with more capability, rather than with less and that is why we, too, are choosing the Denali 2500HD to pull our 30' Flying Cloud.

DHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 05:09 AM   #58
Rivet Master
Commercial Member
2008 34' Classic
1960 17' Pacer
London , Ontario
Hi Bruce

the issue is how many degrees off a straight course can you turn in a very short distance without losing control of the vehicle due to oversteer. Or, put differently, how much steering angle will the vehicle's front wheels accept at highway speeds without the driver losing control?

Basically this is what we are testing with the slalom and lane change test. I get a call or two from customers every year telling me how their combination was able to avoid an accident so it does happen.

A few years ago one of our customers told me about driving through Atlanta. His wife was driving their Astro Van towing their 25 classic. They were in the right lane when just ahead of them a driver in the 3rd lane made a lane change into a car in the second lane just ahead of them both cars started spinning out of control right in front of them.

He thought this is it were going to crash. All of a sudden his wife wiped the wheel to the left tires squealing into the left lane then back to the right around the cars. When he got his breath back he said, how did you know you could do that! She said I watched the video at Can-Am.

Andrew T

Andrew Thomson
London, Ontario

"One test is worth a thousand expert opinions."
Tex Johnston, Boeing 707 test pilot
Andrew T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 09:41 AM   #59
Agent 86
1972 31' Sovereign
1975 31' Excella 500
Currently Looking...
Benton , Arkansas
Denali 1500 w/6.2L vs. Denali 2500HD Duramax

Most over correction accidents happen because the driver has not trained him or herself to always STAY COOL, and NEVER freak out.

Too many folks overestimate the size of the tow vehicle in safe towing, not quite understanding that tow vehicle mass is not superior to a well thought out and executed combination of tow vehicle and trailer.

Yes, there IS more than one way to skin a cat.

1/2 Ton 4WD Truck, 72 Sovereign Hensley Arrow

The fact that I am opinionated does not presuppose that I am wrong......

J. Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote