Old 03-12-2014, 04:18 PM   #15
2005 25' International CCD
Everywhere , North America
Send a message via Skype™ to DreamStreamr
Anderson hitch looks very attractive to eliminate porpoising we experience with our Equalizer. Nearly 100K miles on the Equalizer and Quick-Bite 7700 coupler, we love them both. Just a great setup for us. But good grief, get on a road with frost heaves, we just slow down after bounding up and down madly

Back to the OPs question, replace the old coupler with a Quick-Bite, you'll never look back.

Pictures of ours on on the home improvements/exterior page.

Jim N5RTG & Deb N4RTG
WBCCI #4822 - SKP #094415
find us here
DreamStreamr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 05:39 PM   #16
4 Rivet Member
1975 31' Sovereign
Palomar Mountain , California
I have had many trailers with various couplers over the years - the best that I have found are made by 'Buyers'. I now have converted all my trailers (8) to them. I buy them through Northern. The are cast iron and lock automatically, and are very positive locking.
The old style I found on my Airstream (and is still sold) I would not trust - they are never tight and solid as the Bull Dog as mentioned above (which are very solid) and Buyers - which I prefer for ease of use.
First thing I would do (and did), is change out the Airstream coupler - cheep insurance.

Silver Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 07:53 AM   #17
3 Rivet Member
Currently Looking...
Alamo , Texas
Originally Posted by msmcv51 View Post
...snip........ There seem to be several people that must cruse this forum looking for anybody asking about the Andersen hitch so they can add their negative comments. There many more of us that are using the Andersen hitch and are sharing what we have learned about it. This includes its many good points and also its short comings.
It is not for everyone, but one person or two seem to think it is their responsibility to repeat over and over their opposition to the Andersen hitch. If those who enjoy a good experience repeated their story, the negatives would be lost in the avalanche. Most peope enjoy traveling more than complaining.
Rendrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 08:41 AM   #18
retired USA/USAF

2001 30' Excella
Somerset , New Jersey
I too have the Anderson hitch. We just came back from a 5 week trip to sunny Florida. I still have the Airstream atwood coupler but I also have a Quik-bite to install. I like the Anderson and plan to continue with it. I have put about 20k miles towing using the Anderson with no complaint.

Roger in NJ

" Democracy is the worst form of government. Except for all the rest"
Winston Churchill 1948

TAC - NJ 18

polarlyse is offline   Reply With Quote