ID:	259383  

Schu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 10:54 AM   #31
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Originally Posted by Schu View Post
Weight sheet

Thanks - my 2012 27FB Flying Cloud also had 791# as the "hitch weight" number. On the scales, fully loaded for camping including full FW tank, propane tanks and other "stuff", my "tongue weight" has been calculated to about 1060# (or about 270# above the factory calculation for "hitch weight"). I do use a ProPride hitch which probably puts about 150# on the a-frame and as a FB queen model, my storage is just behind the propane tanks and batteries. So it is somewhat nose-heavy from the trailer's perspective.

Still curious what Airstream means by the term "hitch weight" in this context and where/how exactly it is measured. Thanks!!
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 12:50 PM   #32
Rivet Slave
2014 27' FB International
Western WA , Washington
Originally Posted by Schu View Post
Weight sheet

The cake is a lie. Just sayin'
Rocinante is our 2014 International Signature 27FB
(Named for John Steinbeck's camper from "Travels With Charley")

Rocinante is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 01:11 PM   #33
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari
Fort Myers , Florida
It may be correct! Mine is rated at 860# and it is actually 990# on a CAT scale. Sometimes companies though can be tough regarding sales. You might try recording the transaction repeating the policy in the future.

P.S. Be careful posting about companies. I have a story regarding a recorded purchase. Five times in the recording I say that I want a rectangular mattress cover saying it over and over for my radial mattress Airstream!?! Even the sales person mentioned the previous radial twin mattress I ordered and I say no . I posted on the forum and they came after me. I plan on making my own recordings when ordering things like that in the future.
2015 Ford F-150 3.5 Ecobeast 3.55 Lariat
rodsterinfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 01:45 PM   #34
3 Rivet Member
Currently Looking...
jackson center , Ohio
Originally Posted by SteveSueMac View Post
As in Schu's news? 😀. Good to see you here!

Can you describe how they're weighed for what I believe you call "hitch weight"? In other words, I'm assuming a level trailer but "hitch" could mean you measure at the ball or at the jack foot or somewhere else? Thank you!
The trailer is taken to the weigh station,which is on a level pad. There are sensors for double and single axle trailers as well as for the Jack post.The trailer is then leveled and weighed. Actual weight and Cargo carrying capacity is recorded on trailer labels/tags.
The tongue weight is taken on every unit along with actual weight.I don't believe their is a requirement to list each units tongue weight.
The tongue weight listed in the brochures is with gas bottles and propane and no other options. The listed weight is the average taken of that model units. I believe the spec sheets at dealers have the weight of each option package.
My two cents.
Schu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 03:00 PM   #35
1 Rivet Member
Currently Looking...
Evanston , Wyoming
what has been a realistic TW on a 22' sport?
sunskr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 10:23 AM   #36
Rivet Master
2008 30' Classic S/O
Dearborn , Michigan
Be sure the trailer is *perfectly* level.

Inches high(lower weight) or low(higher weight) will affect your reading.

boondockdad is offline   Reply With Quote