Old 05-26-2017, 09:22 AM   #15
2 Rivet Member

2011 27' FB Flying Cloud
Delmar , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans627 View Post
I was also wondering if it interferes with access to bumper storage area.
The platform that the bikes sit on is out past the bumper and doesn't interfere with the bumper storage opening. That said, you do have to retrieve things in the compartment from the sides if the bikes are on the rack. Never been a problem for me since the only thing in there is the slinky.

Old 05-29-2017, 10:33 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member

2014 19' International
Port Townsend , Washington
We got a Fiamma when we purchased our Bambi and have used on every trip (17 in past 4 years) and it works quite well. Bikes are very secure though being totally out of sight when traveling means you can't see if anything goes wrong. As mentioned there is often a minimal clearance between the two bikes and juggling is necessary, sometimes even lowering the seat post. I did add a new (schedule 40 PVC) longer connection strut which works well. It would be a bit better if the base channels were a few inches longer which would make the juggling all that much easier. HW, the access to the bumper storage is not impeded though it is very tight getting things in or out of the rear storage on our 19' International.

Old 08-31-2017, 06:01 PM   #17
2 Rivet Member

2005 22' International CCD
Pittsburgh , Pennsylvania
Fiamma Bike Rack Safety

We have a Fiamma bike rack that has done a good job carrying our bikes from place to place. Towing a trailer has increased my driving safety skills making me wonder if the bikes on the back of the trailer limit brake light visibility to traffic following the trailer. Has anyone made any modifications to improve brake light/rear trailer visibility?
Old 09-04-2017, 10:20 AM   #18
3 Rivet Member

2015 27' Flying Cloud
Washington , Washington, D.C.
We had our AS dealer install the rack on our new FC 27 and used it to carry our bikes on our 30,000 mile "grand tour." One of the upper fittings attaching it to the trailer failed (not sure why), but some epoxy made a good repair. Our only disappointment was that covering the bikes obstructed the trailer tail lights. I considered this a safety issue, so the bikes stayed uncovered while we were on the move. As a result, they got pretty dirty. Because our otherwise wonderful dog acts like such a knucklehead when we're on the bikes, we ended up using them much less than we had planned.